What's your firearms history?
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your firearms history?

This thought really hit home with me when I ordered and received my Mosin Nagant. A 1944 Russian version that by its look was really used during the war.
    As I disassembled it cleaning away the cosmoline I could see the stains in the wood from where this weapon was held during firing.
    This one has been counter bored, a sign that the rifling had been so worn that the armory had redone it.

Looking at a weapon like this I am confident that it fulfilled its primary roll, kill as many Germans or Japanese as possible and defend your owner.

These weapons are a lot of fun to shoot and really don't kick like some say. Ammo is still around and if you take your time you can find great prices.

So does a history like this exist in your firearm and does that mater to you?
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

I have a S&W 4006 that belonged to the CHP before it belonged to me.
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

My wife has a Mossberg 22 cal. Rifle that was produced for the military (model 911) I think it is. I bought it for her just after we were married 54 years ago. It still shoots as a tack driver as it did the day we bought it. It has to be over 65-70 years old, and still in pretty fair condition.
    I am old and slow, BUT dead on with my aim!!

I too have a Moisin bought it second hand. It appears it was a surplus gun as it shows very little wear in the action and stock. Shoots later straight and surprisingly the action is smooth as silk. I purchased a 229 SIG, Glock 22, and. Mossberg 500 second hand. The only one I know the history of is the Glock. I know it was an LE trade but not sure which dept. The rest of my guns I bought new.
    Guns.??? What Guns???

Blog Entries
    I have a Japanese type 44 carbine that may have been used during the conquest of China or during WW2. the only thing evident on it like most Japanese weapons from WW2 is the crisanthrimum was ground off.

Quote Originally Posted by Kramer1113 View Post
    This thought really hit home with me when I ordered and received my Mosin Nagant. A 1944 Russian version that by its look was really used during the war.
    As I disassembled it cleaning away the cosmoline I could see the stains in the wood from where this weapon was held during firing.
    This one has been counter bored, a sign that the rifling had been so worn that the armory had redone it.

Looking at a weapon like this I am confident that it fulfilled its primary roll, kill as many Germans or Japanese as possible and defend your owner.

These weapons are a lot of fun to shoot and really don't kick like some say. Ammo is still around and if you take your time you can find great prices.

So does a history like this exist in your firearm and does that mater to you?
    I have 2 Mosin Nagant rifles. One is a 1944 M44. The other is a Hex Receiver 1927 91/30. And a Nagant Model 1895 revolver made in 1944 that is like new. Plus a Korean reimported Inland MFG Div of GM 1944 M1 Carbine. And a 1903A3. The 91/30, 1903A3 were bought by me for dad but are mine again.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

I have a single shot 410 shotgun that was a wedding gift from my grandad to my grandmother. They were married in 1917. I was the last grandchild my grandad got to see before he died. He told my grandmother that the gun was mine when I got older.

Sent from my ME172V using Tapatalk 2

No history - my firearms are just tools.
    Si vis pacem para bellum

I only have a few guns with any history.
    My father-in-law gave me his hunting rifle. It's a Japanese Army rifle that he brought back from WWII and had sporterized.
    My dad gave me his guns:
    A Mossberg .22 bolt action rifle that he got sometime in the 30s. It's the rifle I learned how to shoot with. We shot it a lot, but it's still in good shape.
    A Remington 12 gauge pump shotgun, 28" barrel, full choke. It's in almost new condition, probably hasn't had 100 shells through it. According to the paperwork, the guarantee ran out in 1946.
    A smith & Wesson Model 10 .38 6" revolver. During the 40s my dad owned property that was popular for goose hunters. There were times when he felt "out-gunned," since they had shotguns, and he was unarmed. He talked the sheriff about it, and his answer was to deputize my dad. He bought the .38 as a duty weapon. I don't know that he ever wore it much, and it probably hasn't been fired more that a couple of hundred times.
    Lewis - NRA Life - Oregon Firearms Federation - National Assoc. for Gun Rights

Gun control is NOT about guns, it's about CONTROL.

11. I have a garand thats been in my brothers safe for the last 10 years,i may have to go get it and do some research

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast