Since When?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Since When?

Since When?

Tonight at approximately 6:45pm I will drive to my local Walmart and stand in line waiting to see what Ammunition comes in Tonight.
    Around here it is very well known that the trucks come on Monday, Wednesday, Friday & Saturday. It is also known that you have to beat the Flea Market hoard or you will get no Ammunition. The resale of Ammunition at the local Flea Market is triple the shelf price, but every Saturday and Sunday they sell everything they have purchased from Walmart.
    I was away from Firearms for the better part of 23 years So,
    My Question is this:

When Did Walmart become the Quintessential Ammo Dump?
    And if its not, Where do you find Ammunition more reasonable priced and *Gulp* Plentiful?
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kramer1113 View Post
    Tonight at approximately 6:45pm I will drive to my local Walmart and stand in line waiting to see what Ammunition comes in Tonight.
    Around here it is very well known that the trucks come on Monday, Wednesday, Friday & Saturday. It is also known that you have to beat the Flea Market hoard or you will get no Ammunition. The resale of Ammunition at the local Flea Market is triple the shelf price, but every Saturday and Sunday they sell everything they have purchased from Walmart.
    I was away from Firearms for the better part of 23 years So,
    My Question is this:

When Did Walmart become the Quintessential Ammo Dump?
    And if its not, Where do you find Ammunition more reasonable priced and *Gulp* Plentiful?
    I buy online or from one of our suppliers. Only thing that is outrageous is .22LR. Walmart here sends people over to see us.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

I can usually get what I need from our two local gun shops. The selection can be a little hit-or-miss sometimes, but it's a nationwide problem. I had to order a box of CCI .38/.357 shot shells I use for snakes from a shop in Arizona. Ten rounds cost me $14.95+$9.95 for shipping. It's insane, but I really needed them.

Easy fix...don't buy from the gougers.
    Why are you worried about holding up the targets for me? It' s a 9mm!

We have three Fleet Farms close by and they normally have 9x17, 9x18, 9x19, and 45. 22lr is a bit harder.
    Local Cabella's seems to be well stocked also. New one just opened up here.

You can also try: The Sportsman's Guide - Hunting & Outdoor Gear, Shooting Supplies, Military Surplus, Survival Gear and More! They usualy have a pretty wide variety, and aren't gougers. I've been buying stuff from them for a VERY long time. Always great service and I never had a complaint on anything I ordered from them, ammo included. They also sell a lot of other cool stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Kramer1113 View Post
    Where do you find Ammunition more reasonable priced and *Gulp* Plentiful?
    Not sure where you are in FL, Kramer, but if you are near Central FL, both Gander Mountain (Lake Mary) and Florida Gun Exchange (Ormond Beach and also Port Orange) have been receiving regular shipments of ammunition lately. I can't vouch for the latest pricing, however.

Natchez has slowly getting ammo in. Not great on .22; $18.99 / 325 rounds. Sportsman guide taking backorder for 10/7 Fiosshi 1575 rounds / 96.00.

Around here, the LGS's and their wives, employees etc are at WM before opening and scoff up most everything in sight. Later in the day they have it on the shelf at 3X pricing.

We will remember.. That's a promise.

Quote Originally Posted by shirtz1 View Post
    Around here, the LGS's and their wives, employees etc are at WM before opening and scoff up most everything in sight. Later in the day they have it on the shelf at 3X pricing.

We will remember.. That's a promise.
    Nothing tonight.
    I was talking to a guy in line about the rip offs. We just hope one day the Ammo flows in and they are caught holding what they thought they were going to flip. Not unlike those who were buying houses. Then the market crashed and they were left holding the home at an inflated value.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast