That guy with the axe handle? Fight him - don't shoot him! - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: That guy with the axe handle? Fight him - don't shoot him!

Two words:

Kilvinsky's Law
    Never argue with a red-haired witch. It wastes your breath and only delays the inevitable. --the collected sayings of Wiz Zumwalt

Quote Originally Posted by Itstjs View Post
    I agree with JDM on this one, even though 26 Id rather not be assaulted with a blunt object like a ball bat or axe handle. Sorry to say, anyone who attempts something like this one me is going down with 2 to the chest.
    I agree, with the minor exception that I'm not sorry to say it. Someone coming at me with an axe handle or a bat is just a form of suicide on their part!
    Lewis - NRA Life - Oregon Firearms Federation - National Assoc. for Gun Rights

Gun control is NOT about guns, it's about CONTROL.

Give Blaze a gun and then charge him with an axe handle. I bet he shoots.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

School of hard knocks, with honors.

Here is old school at its best.
    ~
    In any fight not sanctioned as a sporting event, there are no rules.
    ~
    If some one is bigger, stronger, or armed with any form of a weapon, it is your duty in the fight to equalize the odds.
    ~
    Anyone with a stick that will add at least 30 inches to his reach is deemed a threat and putting them down will be a matter of self defense, period.
    ~
    I don't care what your age is, what your physical ability is or what degree you have in whatever defensive tactic.
    ~
    Anyone coming at you with something that will inflict grave bodily harm, gave up his right to a fair fight when he picked up the handle showing his malicious intent.
    ~
    I don't run and I don't call 911.
    I'd rather be a Conservative Nutjob. Than a Liberal with NO Nuts & NO Job

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    Give Blaze a gun and then charge him with an axe handle. I bet he shoots.
    I doubt it. He would probably call 911 and wait for the cops to come 5 minutes after he expires.

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by r1derbike View Post
    And possibly the best leftist conceived thwart; fart continuously so your attacker is overcome, and runs screaming from the area.
    In my case, that might actually be why the guy went to get the axe handle in the first place. LOL

Same age as you, and I had my gall bladder taken out about a year ago. Since then, I sound like the recovery room at a colonoscopy clinic every day of my life! HA!

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket III View Post
    I believe that in Minnesota, a person is required to attempt to flee the scene of a perceived attack before using deadly force Or you WILL go to the penitentiary. Seen it done.
    Every jurisdiction that I am aware of that has a "duty to retreat" law, has a caveat in it that the duty only kicks in if you can safely retreat. In other words, if, like me, any of your infirmities include gout and/or plantar faciitis (if you don't know what it is, multiply the pain of gout by a factor of at least 5 and go from there), you're not running anywhere that most people couldn't catch at walking speed. And since turning your back to a guy threatening you with an axe handle isn't a great tactical decision either, your "duty" to retreat is null and void where being able to *safely* retreat is part of the law.

For the last six months or thereabouts, I've been stove-up crippled with plantar faciitis. Most days I look like Grandpa McCoy walkin' out to the mailbox (you youngins' can search YouTube for "The Real McCoys" to get that reference). I've been thinking about starting a thread in the Off-Topic forum about it to see if anyone has any miracle cures for it. Had six cortisone shots for it so far, and the pain from those makes the cure almost worse than the disease, plus, obviously, they haven't worked more than very temporarily anyway. Maybe now that I've broached the subject, I will start a thread.

Anyway, I could neither effectively or safely retreat if my state law required the attempt. I'm pretty sure that your safety is protected by law even with a duty to retreat clause in your use of force code section in MN too.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    In my case, that might actually be why the guy went to get the axe handle in the first place. LOL

Same age as you, and I had my gall bladder taken out about a year ago. Since then, I sound like the recovery room at a colonoscopy clinic every day of my life! HA!

Every jurisdiction that I am aware of that has a "duty to retreat" law, has a caveat in it that the duty only kicks in if you can safely retreat. In other words, if, like me, any of your infirmities include gout and/or plantar faciitis (if you don't know what it is, multiply the pain of gout by a factor of at least 5 and go from there), you're not running anywhere that most people couldn't catch at walking speed. And since turning your back to a guy threatening you with an axe handle isn't a great tactical decision either, your "duty" to retreat is null and void where being able to *safely* retreat is part of the law.

For the last six months or thereabouts, I've been stove-up crippled with plantar faciitis. Most days I look like Grandpa McCoy walkin' out to the mailbox (you youngins' can search YouTube for "The Real McCoys" to get that reference). I've been thinking about starting a thread in the Off-Topic forum about it to see if anyone has any miracle cures for it. Had six cortisone shots for it so far, and the pain from those makes the cure almost worse than the disease, plus, obviously, they haven't worked more than very temporarily anyway. Maybe now that I've broached the subject, I will start a thread.

Anyway, I could neither effectively or safely retreat if my state law required the attempt. I'm pretty sure that your safety is protected by law even with a duty to retreat clause in your use of force code section in MN too.

Blues
    I have had about 2 dozen steroid shots over the last ten years. I've always found that coming home and taking a pain pill, then going to bed and sleeping it off kept me from hurting too much. These are limited to a max of three in any one year as they destroy your immune system. And then you get sick with flu like symptoms for a month or so. Running is out as it jars the spine too much. So gun fire will ensue if an axe handle comes my way in an attack.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

9. If he choose to get beat with the axe handle, that's his choice but now just because he believe he should do that, don't mean I have to play. No not this cookie and like some have said, I'm 59 years old I'm not playing this game.

Quote Originally Posted by mojoman View Post
    If he choice to get beat with that axe handle, that's is choice but now just because he believe what he should do that don't mean I have to play. No not this cookie and like some have said, I'm 59 years old I'm not playing this game.
    It seems most of us in the 55+ age group feel the same way.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

11. Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    It seems most of us in the 55+ age group feel the same way.

Now that's what I'm talking about, not today or never.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast