That guy with the axe handle? Fight him - don't shoot him! - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: That guy with the axe handle? Fight him - don't shoot him!

Axe Handle will get you a 45 center mass.

63 years old with conjestive heart failure and a CRT-D implant. I am going to die someday but not today. Say hello to my .45.

I would be curious to see if that fool would follow his own stupid advise.
    Knarren und Zigarren!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jg1967 View Post
    I would be curious to see if that fool would follow his own stupid advise.
    Steel cage match with him having a gun and the other person having an axe handle. Now let's see what he would do. Would he just take a beat down or would he decide that he hurts too much and shoot. For many, a steel cage match is no different than their life. Because they can't retreat due to physical problems.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

Quote Originally Posted by BUmmedic View Post
    Most of the laws that I have read refer to the "threat of serious bodily injury or death" as justification for the use of deadly force in self-defense. To each his own... I think it is up to each individual to decide what is reasonable. For example, if someone comes at me with an axe handle (I'm assuming there's no axe on the end of it), then I may play the game for a bit to see if I can disarm/subdue/turn the whoopin' around on the other guy before deciding to escalate. However, I have to imagine that escalating when that point is reached may be quite difficult if they've gained the upper hand. Step one would probably play out as a back shuffle and warning that he may want to think long and hard about what he's about to do, then hoping that he doesn't use inferior judgment.
    Please note, many older people may have health problems that may not restrict them in every day life, but fighting back might be the cause of "serious bodily injury or death"

Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    I doubt it. He would probably call 911 and wait for the cops to come 5 minutes after he expires.
    Yup. And when the coroner examines him he'll find he crapped his shorts before he died.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by Dasraa View Post
    Please note, many older people may have health problems that may not restrict them in every day life, but fighting back might be the cause of "serious bodily injury or death"
    As beauty is in the eye of the beholder, danger is in the eye of the victim. Even a younger person with a disability may need to use deadly force sooner. That victim knows his own limitations. A healthy-looking guy with a heart condition isn't going to hold his own in a fight. He needs an equalizer. Enter Mr. Colt.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Howdy,

Years ago a buddy was in a minor bar fight and both guys got kicked out of the joint. The other guy and 3 of his buddies jump my buddy as he was getting in his car.

They beat the crap out of him. He finally got away from them started to run but wasn't able to go far and they cornered him again. He was standing beside a truck and noticed an axe handle in the bed and used it against the first guy that approached him. He only hit the man one time in the head and he was DRT.

So, yes, an axe handle is a deadly weapon.

I also get a kick out of people that have never killed anyone before ( probably never committed a violent act in their live ) stating they would kill the man with the axe handle.

While I was on AD I was in a situation where I was justified based on the UCMJ, Rules of Engagement, and The Use of Deadly Force Guidlines but instead of using deadly force I decided to use non lethal force instead ( the butt of a Rem. 870 12ga shotgun..... Gotta love American walnut! ). During an After Action debriefing I was asked why I didn't use deadly force. My response to the questioner was: " Have you ever killed anyone?" He responded "No.".

Me "When you have, come see me."

When you pull the trigger, the SHTF. Don't believe me? Ask George Zimmerman. He's world has been turned upside down. He's already been part of a murder trial, a wrongful death lawsuit against Twin Lakes and since he was only found "not guilty" and the jury didn't say he was justified in his actions due to self defense he can and will be sued for wrongful death.

That's a lot to go through just so you can claim you killed someone.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Stengun View Post
    Howdy,

Years ago a buddy was in a minor bar fight and both guys got kicked out of the joint. The other guy and 3 of his buddies jump my buddy as he was getting in his car.

They beat the crap out of him. He finally got away from them started to run but wasn't able to go far and they cornered him again. He was standing beside a truck and noticed an axe handle in the bed and used it against the first guy that approached him. He only hit the man one time in the head and he was DRT.

So, yes, an axe handle is a deadly weapon.

I also get a kick out of people that have never killed anyone before ( probably never committed a violent act in their live ) stating they would kill the man with the axe handle.

While I was on AD I was in a situation where I was justified based on the UCMJ, Rules of Engagement, and The Use of Deadly Force Guidlines but instead of using deadly force I decided to use non lethal force instead ( the butt of a Rem. 870 12ga shotgun..... Gotta love American walnut! ). During an After Action debriefing I was asked why I didn't use deadly force. My response to the questioner was: " Have you ever killed anyone?" He responded "No.".

Me "When you have, come see me."

When you pull the trigger, the SHTF. Don't believe me? Ask George Zimmerman. He's world has been turned upside down. He's already been part of a murder trial, a wrongful death lawsuit against Twin Lakes and since he was only found "not guilty" and the jury didn't say he was justified in his actions due to self defense he can and will be sued for wrongful death.

That's a lot to go through just so you can claim you killed someone.

Paul
    Are you reading the same posts the rest of us are? sheeezh!
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

ezkl2230 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by gejoslin View Post
    Are you reading the same posts the rest of us are? sheeezh!
    Yes, he is. And he's saying that most of us here really won't have the guts to actually pull the trigger if we ever find ourselves in that situation. Why? Because HE didn't pull the trigger when he could have. He used the butt of his gun.

Worse, he's accusing us of being a bunch of blow hards who think there is some kind of glory to being able to claim that we shot some one.

Only one problem with his theory - I don't carry a long gun with me at all times. I don't go around carrying a baseball bat, or a cricket bat, or a hockey stick, or a golf club.

I have a .45 compact. My shoulders are shot - for me to try to engage a bad guy with an axe handle in hand to hand combat would probably not end well for me. I know what the legal and social ramifications will likely be of pulling the trigger, even though in Michigan most defense claims stand and afford protection from civil prosecution. But if I can't persuade a bad guy to drop his axe handle, I will have no choice but to drop the hammer. I'm not playing a game, and I don't believe in a "fair fight," whatever that is. I believe, to paraphrase Tom Clancy via John Clark, Rainbow Six, "'fair' means I bring myself home alive. Forget the others."

BTW - when you get the chance, go to stengun's home page and look at his past posts. That ought to tell you something.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast