That guy with the axe handle? Fight him - don't shoot him! - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: That guy with the axe handle? Fight him - don't shoot him!

Right. The idiots who advise this don't think beyond their owm damn selves. How is my 76yo, barely ambulatory mother going to fight an able bodied, weapon wielding attacker? I'd rather--and I think she'd rather--she be armed with an AR.
    ...SCOTUS says we're right...You don't like it. I'm sorry you don't like it. I guess that's a problem for you. Some people don't like gays. Some don't like alcohol. Some don't like meat. ~michaelzwilliamson

Quote Originally Posted by Stengun View Post
    Howdy,

Years ago a buddy was in a minor bar fight and both guys got kicked out of the joint. The other guy and 3 of his buddies jump my buddy as he was getting in his car.

They beat the crap out of him. He finally got away from them started to run but wasn't able to go far and they cornered him again. He was standing beside a truck and noticed an axe handle in the bed and used it against the first guy that approached him. He only hit the man one time in the head and he was DRT.

So, yes, an axe handle is a deadly weapon.

I also get a kick out of people that have never killed anyone before ( probably never committed a violent act in their live ) stating they would kill the man with the axe handle.

While I was on AD I was in a situation where I was justified based on the UCMJ, Rules of Engagement, and The Use of Deadly Force Guidlines but instead of using deadly force I decided to use non lethal force instead ( the butt of a Rem. 870 12ga shotgun..... Gotta love American walnut! ). During an After Action debriefing I was asked why I didn't use deadly force. My response to the questioner was: " Have you ever killed anyone?" He responded "No.".

Me "When you have, come see me."

When you pull the trigger, the SHTF. Don't believe me? Ask George Zimmerman. He's world has been turned upside down. He's already been part of a murder trial, a wrongful death lawsuit against Twin Lakes and since he was only found "not guilty" and the jury didn't say he was justified in his actions due to self defense he can and will be sued for wrongful death.

That's a lot to go through just so you can claim you killed someone.

Paul

Why are you here?
    You expecting to enlighten us, teach us something?
    Why should I give a f*ck what you think about me if I can, without remorse, kill another human?
    ...SCOTUS says we're right...You don't like it. I'm sorry you don't like it. I guess that's a problem for you. Some people don't like gays. Some don't like alcohol. Some don't like meat. ~michaelzwilliamson

4. Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    In my case, that might actually be why the guy went to get the axe handle in the first place. LOL

Same age as you, and I had my gall bladder taken out about a year ago. Since then, I sound like the recovery room at a colonoscopy clinic every day of my life! HA!

Blues
    I have a ham radio friend who had his gall bladder removed, and he wishes every day if there was a way to stuff it back in there!

My wife also suffers plantar fascitis and bunions, and I see the pain she is in every day (she works). She has at least 2 dozen pairs of shoes and inserts and such that didn't help, so I feel for ya' man! I've a half dozen or so colonoscopies over the years, but my wife and I have fond memories about one. I think my gastroenterologist was PO'd at me for some reason, and blew me up like one of those huge bouncy-balls. Needless to say, I realized then why it was called a thunder mug! A 30 minute symphony!

Anyway, back on topic, I am also old, with neck and back disk problems, so I can't move fast, and just yesterday because of balance issues, my ENT recommended a cane to help from falling to my right all the time (acoustic neuroma radiation treatment).

Suppose I could get a James Bond inspired cane with all the bells and whistles, but my CC .45 will be my defense tool of choice against an axe handle, and I will use it. After being thisclose to a self defense discharge from my weapon, that only strengthened my resolve to do the right thing if there is no other choice.

Charles

I'd shoot them and not think twice about it....You should see what a ball bat can do to your head!..Axe handle is not much different.
    Folks ask why I carry two guns...Well if I did not I'd be off balance and walk in circles!

6. I do have a bo staff in my car. Can't see me opening up the car and finagling that 6 foot stick into position during Mr Axe handle's assault though. And while I do know some empty hand.... bone against axe handle/baseball bat = broken bones and disabled fighter. I've no illusions about being Bruce Lee....the odds would be against me. While I'd hope to make him stand down with the mere threat of my weapon, if I couldn't, I'd have to shoot.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456