A new gun/caliber war! - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A new gun/caliber war!

1. Well, if we are talking strictly pistols, I might lean towards the .32

I DO carry a Bersa Thunder .32 acp and trust it completely. It is dependable, accurate, and just a good shooter. I keep it loaded with FMJ for best penetration and no rimlock. People need to realize that a .32 is a good carry gun and if someone is sensitive to recoil it is very good. The .32 will go thru 4 layers of denim and penetrate 14 inches into ballistic gel. My only guns are .32 acp and .380 acp

Quote Originally Posted by jameshd View Post
    The article states that you have a choice of either of two weapons. Nothing else can be obtained at that location. Given that circumstance, I would have to go with the .32ACP. You are indoors; a long gun is not easily maneuvered inside. At the range you will be shooting, accuracy is relatively easy; you don't need the advantage the long gun gives for that. Also, at that range, the .32ACP has a tad bit more power than the .22LR. The author of the article doesn't give a reason for allowing the most powerful .22, and choosing a mid-range .32; dunno what's with that.
    Because the average .32ACP JHP round is going to be in the 120-150ftlb range. And the average .22LR is going to be in the 100 to 150 range.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

5. What is the best way to adjust the rear site on a s&w m&p?????

6. I would choose the rifle I have range accuracy and a club if it gets to close for comfort

I carry a Ma Deuce in my backpack and wouldn't take either
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

.22 all day.
    rmw66- "gun free zones = criminal empowerment zones "

For inside the home, confined spaces...(?) the .32acp. If we're talking a whole property, like acres... then a rifle. The question sucks...
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

Quote Originally Posted by gunnerbob View Post
    For inside the home, confined spaces...(?) the .32acp. If we're talking a whole property, like acres... then a rifle. The question sucks...

Also depends on living situation, I don’t have kids so no need to leave my bedroom I will just be benched on my bed waiting for you to kick in my door.
    rmw66- "gun free zones = criminal empowerment zones "

11. 10/22 with 25 rd mag...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast