Remington ammo plant expansion.

Thread: Remington ammo plant expansion.

Remington ammo plant expansion.

Howdy Everybody,

I saw this on the news this morning:

Remington Expands Ammunition Operations

Local news:

Remington to break ground on plant expansion | thv11.com

Looks like they are breaking ground today.

Paul
    I'm so Liberal that I work at the Bill and Hillary Clinton Regional Airport!

And it still won't be enough capacity to feed the feeding frenzy.
    Never argue with a red-haired witch. It wastes your breath and only delays the inevitable. --the collected sayings of Wiz Zumwalt

Howdy sdprof,

Yes, but it's a start. Maybe by then the frenzy will have died down a little and supplies and prices will return to "normal".

Wow! This is good news/big news for the gun crowd but it has only had one response.

At the same time you can post something that is strictly tabloid ( or racist ) and get 37 responses.

One a different gun forum I posted a thread about a taking a 9yo boy shooting for the first time and got two responses. One asked if the Mom was hot and another asked about pictures of the boy.

At the same time there were 5 different active threads about Obama's BC with over 300 post total.

Go figure.

Paul
    I'm so Liberal that I work at the Bill and Hillary Clinton Regional Airport!

Stengun,
    One thing you can count on in internet forums is... you can't count on anything.

Except Rule 34.

Back to topic - I'm sure every ammo maker has been running at the max capacity their equipment and manpower can safely support. You might have seen the news from Hornady that their suspending manufacture of some lower demand rounds so they can keep machinery set up for the fast moving stuff, avoiding the downtime from switching out parts.

Locally, I'm seeing a good stock level on all but 9mm handgun ammo at Cabela's, but my large LGS still has pretty much bare shelves. They can't even get much Black Hills Ammo (from just up the road) in stock. WallyWorld is up and down.
    Never argue with a red-haired witch. It wastes your breath and only delays the inevitable. --the collected sayings of Wiz Zumwalt

Yes it's nice to see ammo coming back. I've been using slickguns.com to find ammo and order it into cabelas or gander mountain for free. .22lr is the Tricky one to find.

Great to see things expanding, but not a huge tab if Remington. Have been using relatively close to the same powder formula for 100 years I've heard. It's very dirt when shooting and creates a cloud in indoor ranges. Also the brass cases are only good for 50% of the life of other brands. The primers fall out soon when reloading and in .45 cases the bullets will actually fall in the case to the powder when loading the bullet into the chamber. Awful ammo, but people can buy it and leve me the good stuff :)

On the preview all I saw was
    "Remington ammo plant exp" and the first thought was "exp"losion and thought WTF! Now we will have more panic buying Etc....

Glad it was expansion :D
    If it doesn't fit, FORCE it! If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway.