"I shot to Stop" vs "I shot to Kill" - Ask a Vet! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "I shot to Stop" vs "I shot to Kill" - Ask a Vet!

I've always trained 2 rounds, evaluate threat, repeat if necessary. Always CM. I train to STOP the threat. I advise all to have the same mind set. JMHO
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

I read this quote a long time ago. It was from a "gun guy", but unfortunately I can't remember the name.
    "I don't shoot to kill. I shoot to live."
    Works for me.
    "Beware the fury of a patient man." --John Dryden,
    British poet, critic and playwright

Seems a stupid debate indeed. As an armed civilian, you shoot to stop - death is one variation on that theme, one potential outcome - but you are shooting to stop the threat. I was in danger and had to stop threat to my life.

And to be honest - meaning no disrespect to my fellow veteran - that email seemed to be babbling to me.
    Si vis pacem para bellum

Quote Originally Posted by dusterdude View Post
    Dead men cant sue you either
    That's true, but their family can and will, given half a chance. Dot the i's and cross the t's.
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

6. True

Quote Originally Posted by gejoslin View Post
    That's true, but their family can and will, given half a chance. Dot the i's and cross the t's.
    Very true, my thoughts exactly.

If I fire my weapon at a person, it doesn't matter to them whether I intended to stop them or kill them. I am using lethal force, and will most likely not hit the exact spot I aim for - assuming I have enough time to aim at all - so a shot that was intended to wound could very well be fatal.

By pointing my weapon at a person and pulling the trigger, I am accepting the possibility that they will die. If I am not able to accept that then I have no business carrying a weapon in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by gejoslin View Post
    That's true, but their family can and will, given half a chance.
    Not in the State of Arizona.
    ~ GOD HATES RELIGION ~

Because I'm Politically Incorrect, and because a person who has doubts is thinking about two different things at the same time and can't make up his mind about anything, I would never point my gun at anyone threatening my life or the life of a loved one that I didn't intend to kill.
    ~ GOD HATES RELIGION ~

I have never aimed a weapon at another human being with the specific intent of killing them but I have aimed a weapon at another human being with the specific intent of shooting them.
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast