Hernando County Fl. Good Bye Glocks, Hello Sig .45 - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hernando County Fl. Good Bye Glocks, Hello Sig .45

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kramer1113 View Post
    Are you implying that a Glock Owner would admit there was something wrong with their Glock?
    It was worth a try.

Are you implying that a Glock Owner would admit there was something wrong with their Glock?
    I certainly would, if there was a problem. Aside from one defective Glock 36 magazine, all 6 of my Glocks have been flawless. I bought the 36 used; one of the magazines would cause a failure to feed, always on the 3rd round. I replaced the magazine with a new one. Threw the old one in the trash. Problem solved.

Out of 6 Gen 3 Glocks (a 17, 2ea. 19's, a 26, and a 30 new in the box, the used 36), a total of 19 Glock magazines, and probably to 10,000 rounds fired between them, I had exactly one easily fixed issue - the defective Glock 36 magazine. I regret selling the G36 after I bought the XDs. Big mistake. Huge.

Fitch

Quote Originally Posted by Fitch View Post
    Seriously, this gun is so easy to work in it's ridiculous to even require training. Watch a DVD. Detail stripping it is a piece of cake.

Fitch
    I completely agree with you; the Glock is as simple as it gets. How many other guns do you know that require one punch to disassemble the entire gun? The reason for the LE Armorer course is more of a liability one. This way Glock knows these armorers were in deed trained by Glock. In addition, the training also includes tips and techniques that one wouldn't normally find elsewhere about what to look for as far as excessive wear, or, like in the case of 2005, it's a means to communicate to get things fixed.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

It's a mechanical piece of equipment... like all mechanical equipment, it's subject to wear and tear.

Two types of people I can't stand concerning Glocks... the one that says "Works every time"... not true, just like all equipment, it needs to be taken care of appropriately. This is why we clean our weapons regardless of the marque and we inspect them for wear, regardless of the marque. Glocks can and have broken down when not serviced and they have come off the line with defects, but Glock will take care of them. Their customer service is outstanding. Personally, with the two I have owned I have never had a failure, but I also inspect it twice a year for wear, more than what is recommended. The other type is the one that mocks Glock users. It's a gun... pure and simple. There is no magic behind it. It's just a light weight, very simply made, easy to use gun. It breaks down more simply than any other I've torn apart and it is extremely reliable. I have seen them fire in conditions where other marques have failed, but none the less it's just a gun. Why mock the user, unless he's the first type that I mentioned?
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."

Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    It's a mechanical piece of equipment... like all mechanical equipment, it's subject to wear and tear.

Two types of people I can't stand concerning Glocks... the one that says "Works every time"... not true, just like all equipment, it needs to be taken care of appropriately. This is why we clean our weapons regardless of the marque and we inspect them for wear, regardless of the marque. Glocks can and have broken down when not serviced and they have come off the line with defects, but Glock will take care of them. Their customer service is outstanding. Personally, with the two I have owned I have never had a failure, but I also inspect it twice a year for wear, more than what is recommended. The other type is the one that mocks Glock users. It's a gun... pure and simple. There is no magic behind it. It's just a light weight, very simply made, easy to use gun. It breaks down more simply than any other I've torn apart and it is extremely reliable. I have seen them fire in conditions where other marques have failed, but none the less it's just a gun. Why mock the user, unless he's the first type that I mentioned?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitch View Post
    I certainly would, if there was a problem. Aside from one defective Glock 36 magazine, all 6 of my Glocks have been flawless. I bought the 36 used; one of the magazines would cause a failure to feed, always on the 3rd round. I replaced the magazine with a new one. Threw the old one in the trash. Problem solved.

Out of 6 Gen 3 Glocks (a 17, 2ea. 19's, a 26, and a 30 new in the box, the used 36), a total of 19 Glock magazines, and probably to 10,000 rounds fired between them, I had exactly one easily fixed issue - the defective Glock 36 magazine. I regret selling the G36 after I bought the XDs. Big mistake. Huge.

Fitch
    It was a rather tongue in cheek statement.
    I agree with coming forward with issues with guns.
    If there is a problem it needs to be addressed and quickly.
    I love my Rugers, but when my SR9c was experiencing light strikes I found a slew of answers and solved the problem instantly by removing the striker, bathing it in cleaner, LIGHTLY oiling it and reassembling the gun. She goe Bang when I want her to go bang, she goes click when I want her to go click.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Kramer,

Sarcasm is sometimes hard to discern in print. My feelings in my post remain, just not directed at you. :)

Also, excellent point in reminding people to tell others about the problems they have with their equipment. Chances are someone out there has had a similar experience and may be able to help. It's better than sitting around with a non-working item.

Wolf

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123