Gun toting teachers' names must remain private. Arkansas

Thread: Gun toting teachers' names must remain private. Arkansas

Gun toting teachers' names must remain private. Arkansas

Gun toting teachers' names must remain private

By John Lott
    Published August 09, 2013FoxNews.com

Read more: Gun toting teachers' names must remain private | Fox News

Are people safer if criminals know who is carrying concealed handguns? Arkansas Attorney General Dustin McDaniel seems to think so.
    With school starting soon, he claims that if the Clarksville, Arkansas School District lets employees carry concealed handguns at school, their names must be made public. This is his second attempt to derail the school districtís proposal.
    McDanielís demand to publicize the names will greatly limit the protection these employees can offer.
    School shooters have a strategic advantage in that they determine when and where to attack.

Read more: Gun toting teachers' names must remain private | Fox News
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

How about we make HIS home address and phone number public?
    Only seems right..

Howdy,

I posted on the two other threads about this matter the we have a law that prevents our names and/or personal info made public.

Several people/groups have filed a FOIA requesting a list of all CHCL permit holders and under state law anyone with a state issued licenses, excluding DL is public info and and can be released through a FOIA request. This year we passed a new law that state CHCL are NOT public record and cannot be released to the public under any circumstance.

McDaniel's political career is over and in 2014 he will be replaced. Maybe sooner.

Paul
    I'm so Liberal that I work at the Bill and Hillary Clinton Regional Airport!

5. You know what the real kicker is? Since they are a private company of licensed Armed Security Guards, legal to carry in school, their information is available through at least one government source. The district said they would give information to concerned parents. Whether that has happened, I don't know.

In light of McDaniel suggesting it would be up to prosecutors when and how to charge the teachers/staff with carrying in a gun free zone, just shows he doesn't care about the safety of children or the weight of law. This after demanding the information of all licensees be made public to incite a media circus, much like Obama has done in the past.

I hope the district tells AG McDaniel to fuff-off, and if he tries to charge Clarksville school district personnel, there would be many high profile attorneys, and the NRA who would be glad to take this charlatan to court.

Quote Originally Posted by r1derbike View Post
    You know what the real kicker is? Since they are a private company of licensed Armed Security Guards, legal to carry in school, their information is available through at least one government source. The district said they would give information to concerned parents. Whether that has happened, I don't know.

In light of McDaniel suggesting it would be up to prosecutors when and how to charge the teachers/staff with carrying in a gun free zone, just shows he doesn't care about the safety of children or the weight of law. This after demanding the information of all licensees be made public to incite a media circus, much like Obama has done in the past.

I hope the district tells AG McDaniel to fuff-off, and if he tries to charge Clarksville school district personnel, there would be many high profile attorneys, and the NRA who would be glad to take this charlatan to court.
    McDaniel can't leave office too soon to suit me! It's all about him not the people of Arkansas. He should be helping the people/kids, making Arkansas a better place to live and thrive. That means keeping the kids safe in school, if that contradicts the law, change it! Over look the law until it can be changed to make them safe in the mean time. I'm sure there is a legal way to do that. Even if there isn't, who cares, as long as their safe in school. That's the main point. imho
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

I am on the look-out for schools who have the intelligence to take care of the safety of students and staff in our schools. I am a retired school principal and remember being angered at how our hands are tied when it comes to protecting our kids in our schools. When Newtown happened and I read the news that day, my worst fears were realized. I could have easily been that principal! I can imagine the teachers and principal coming to the defense of those children! Bravo to our school administrations who have armed the teachers and administrators who have an interest in concealed carry! I have you all in my prayers! In the meantime, most of our kids and teachers are sitting ducks! Pathetic!