New York State Gun Reatrictions - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: New York State Gun Reatrictions

Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    The reason you must inform when asked is because you can't lie to a LEO. That qualifies as obstruction. Same as giving a false name. It has nothing to do with gun laws. No ask, no tell. There's a million threads on ere about the topic.
    Your statement includes "The Erie County Clerk's Office processes Pistol Permits for Erie County residents under terms of appropriate New York State laws. Following the completion of an application and criminal background checks, final approval or denial of a permit is the decision of an Erie County Court Judge or New York State Supreme Court Justice." So examine FL law regarding application for a CCW (790.06). Same damn law. Almost word for word to NYS PL 400. You need approval to carry concealed in FL. The application can be denied based on the exact same reasons as NYS. NY may not deny a permit without cause as defined in A400. Denials may not be "arbitrary or capricious."
    You can't cite "how to get a permit in Erie County." You must cite state law. Every county must follow the exact same law. And there is nothing in that law to prohibit multiple firearm purchases in ANY county. as AVP continue to claim.
    Also, people have to stop mixing NYS and NYC. Bloomy has no power here.
    To carry concealed in public, yes you need a license but even that is not an absolute. To have it in your vehicle, no. Loaded gun in a glove box is legal. To have it in your home or on you on your property, no and doesn't matter if openly or concealed carry. To have it at your business, no. Again, your choice of carry.

Sadly Bloomy does have power in your state capital by way of his henchmen.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

I like registration.
    Wow.......

Sent from behind enemy lines.

New York State Gun Reatrictions

People on this site talk about how easy it s to get a gun. That doesn't comfort me.
    Wow........ AGAIN!

I am sorry but I am glad your not the guy to decide on my gun rights.
    I don't know how you live with those restrictions in NY & NYC! I feel sorry for all you guys and girls.

I said retail, not private sales. When people can move about freely without restrictions on a bank, church, parade, restaurant, bus, park, government building, car, glove box, etc. they can argue. But these are the very places you need the gun. These are all places where massacres have occurred. If the gun must be in the car at dinner or a parade, the second amendment as been completely removed. People on this site talk about how easy it s to get a gun. That doesn't comfort me. And, as an unchambered gun is a club, a gun in the car is useless. A government has denied the right to self defense.
    Here's what I can tell you about you about NYS... I get up, put my gun in my pocket and head out for the day. Other than a school or courtroom there are no restrictions on where I go or what I do. That's it. So, for someone to tell me the laws are restrictive while their gun is in the car at church or a parade leaves me scratching my head about what they think gun control means.
    before you encounter any of the restrictions you mentioned the fact remains that you cannot even buy a gun in NY without a permission slip

I
    Here's what I can tell you about you about NYS... I get up, put my gun in my pocket and head out for the day.
    you are able to do that because you've gotten your permission slip from the government

AVP, I hold two degrees from an Ivy League college,
    demand a refund of tuition
    You must now site the law to substantiate your claim or... you lose. Period.
    first off I have nothing to win or lose, especially to a guy who thinks parading around some allegedly obtained degrees to build himself up means anything to me.
    I am not going to cite laws I am citing PERSONAL EXPERIENCES, learned from living the life not learning about it in some classroom.
    I stand by my assertions and you sir if you are what you claim to be are both inept and incompetent at your profession.
    with that my dialogue with you is over.

BC1 you're just butthurt because nobody likes that god awful state. As far as NC goes, October 1st we'll carry wherever we please. Maybe you should get up to date on laws if you wanna battle with them. And Im from both sides of the fence. I fell a lot better carrying in NC than I ever did in that cesspool NY. Keep believing that state has you best interest at heart and in return they'll keep trying to restrict your rights.

Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    demand a refund of tuition

first off I have nothing to win or lose, especially to a guy who thinks parading around some allegedly obtained degrees to build himself up means anything to me.
    I am not going to cite laws I am citing PERSONAL EXPERIENCES, learned from living the life not learning about it in some classroom.
    I stand by my assertions and you sir if you are what you claim to be are both inept and incompetent at your profession.
    with that my dialogue with you is over.
    All my education and I still can't help some people. Inept? Hardly. Retired before my 45th birthday. If you have information that shows I'm incorrect I'll pay for it. As a businessman it's important to me. Find me any state legislation to substantiate your claims about being unable to register more than one gun in any county and I'll pay a consulting fee to you through PayPal. Money talks, BS walks. Now, are you a businessman or a blowhard? Find it and I'll pay handsomely. If not, take a hike.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by ArmoredG22 View Post
    BC1 you're just butthurt because nobody likes that god awful state. As far as NC goes, October 1st we'll carry wherever we please. Maybe you should get up to date on laws if you wanna battle with them. And Im from both sides of the fence. I fell a lot better carrying in NC than I ever did in that cesspool NY. Keep believing that state has you best interest at heart and in return they'll keep trying to restrict your rights.
    I have 62 acres in Western NC. Plan on building there next year. The laws cause me to second guess the investment. You're about to start getting hit with big property taxes. I like parades and don't want to be told I can't have my gun on a public street during a parade. NY is far from a cesspool. Very far. You might not like the gun laws but you can't argue with the big bucks. Principals don't feed the family. $$ does, unless one wants to live like Gomer Pyle. That's one problem I found in NC. Hicksville.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesMorrison View Post
    Wow........ AGAIN!

I am sorry but I am glad your not the guy to decide on my gun rights.
    I don't know how you live with those restrictions in NY & NYC! I feel sorry for all you guys and girls.

How do we live with any of this? Big $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ here. I can't send my kids to Columbia or Brown on a $60K salary.
    In teaching over the years I've seen some pretty bad stuff. Remember the kid who couldn't kick the ball and run to first base? Now he has a gun. And he has the dexterity of a chimp in over-sized sneakers. While I wouldn't go so far as to deny his gun rights it doesn't comfort me that he carries. I've watched them trip and fall while learning to move and shoot. I've seen them repeatedly turn with a loaded guns over the years. I even had one student look own the barrel of a loaded gun during a PP class. One poster from USA Carry was in that class. So I got a little jaded.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast