Target stand?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Target stand?

Target stand?

Looking for something to shoot at while on outdoor ranges... I'm sure I could make something myself, but I really don't want to. I've been looking around and most things are super short, and since I'm mainly doing this for self defense, something more person-height would be nice! Anyone know of any good targets/target stands out there?

Target stand?

There's several steel stands listed on midway that come with free shipping. They're about $200 though. I just built a simple stand out of PVC for about $12 and its worked just fine for almost year so far.

Cool

Go to Flip-N-Target

Flip-N-Target - Folding wooden target stands for target shooters

Todd has great targets, I just bought 4 more of them...

He has the DIY target for $25...

I buy the Tactical, I like that size...

I won one from him years ago that's still holding up with no problems...

They fold up so they are very easy to transport, than just unfold to shoot at...

You won't go wrong if you buy one (or more )...

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway" John Wayne

What Jcreek said.

I agree PVC is the way to go. But beware, it does not take a bullet well. Make sure you have some couplings to make repairs.
    The best part is, you can make them any size you want.
    Another idea is to use re-bar. I made some out of 8' bar, bent 2 90's in it. Then welded washers & eye bolts on. I hang #10
    cans on the eye bolts with nuts & lock washers. Looks kind of lame, but the cans move & you can see when you hit.
    Next time I go to the cabin, I'll take some pics.

Just gather political signs after the election. Cheap and they come with a target.
    Typos are for the entertainment of the reader. Don't let it go to your head!

Howdy,

This is what I use:

Paul
    I'm so Liberal that I work at the Bill and Hillary Clinton Regional Airport!

Yeah, I was thinking either cheap wood or pvc... I just have a lot on my plate with my husband deployed and don't feel like adding another project!

Thanks everyone :)

Quote Originally Posted by farsidefan1 View Post
    Just gather political signs after the election. Cheap and they come with a target.
    That is the BEST idea I've ever heard! Plus, you're doing them a favor my taking them down for them so they don't have to. A win-win scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by telpinaro View Post
    Looking for something to shoot at while on outdoor ranges... I'm sure I could make something myself, but I really don't want to. I've been looking around and most things are super short, and since I'm mainly doing this for self defense, something more person-height would be nice! Anyone know of any good targets/target stands out there?
    I know you said you did not want to build one, but hear me out if you will.

Three 2x4's: place two vertically about 2-3 feet apart. Cut the third piece in order to attach the first two and to make legs for the stand. Now go to your local retailer and ask them for boxes that they are going to throw out. Staple the card board between the two vertical supports and draw an outline of person. You've spent $6 on wood, $1 on hardware. I can't think of an easier project to make, nor will you find a stand cheaper for the size you are looking for.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast