anyone know value of smith wesson 1076

Thread: anyone know value of smith wesson 1076

anyone know value of smith wesson 1076

just wondering if anyone knows current value of smith and Wesson model 1076 10 mm . it was suppose to be built for the fbi but was to much gun and no safety so smith and Wesson got them back I have one just wondering value . been quoted 800 to 4000 . the bigger value was being able to prove mine was delivered to the fbi.

Gun digest says
    Excellent $700 very good $600 good $395

S&W Mdl 1076

Quote Originally Posted by russklaw76 View Post
    just wondering if anyone knows current value of smith and Wesson model 1076 10 mm . it was suppose to be built for the fbi but was to much gun and no safety so smith and Wesson got them back I have one just wondering value . been quoted 800 to 4000 . the bigger value was being able to prove mine was delivered to the fbi.
    According to the 34th Edition Blue Book of Gun Values, the Model 1076 Stainless FBI contract gun (needs to be verified by S&W semi-auto pistol expert) values are as follows: 100%-$2800, 98%-$2500, 95%-$2200, 90%-$1800, 80%-$1400, 70%-$1200, 60%-$975.

If unable to verify, or if non-FBI contract, values drop to $700, $625, $550, $450, $350, $300, and $245.

$1 Send me an address and I'll send you that plus shipping and handling fees for using an FFL to ship.

1076 non-FBI do run in the $1000 range+- so the $800 price is not out of line. With the S&W letter and being an FBI gun the value would go up.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

My local cabelas graded 98% and offered 800 without s&w history. Offer was 4000 with historian proving shipment this was a little over a year ago. So im gonna get letter see what shakes out. Thank yoi

Quote Originally Posted by russklaw76 View Post
    My local cabelas graded 98% and offered 800 without s&w history. Offer was 4000 with historian proving shipment this was a little over a year ago. So im gonna get letter see what shakes out. Thank yoi
    Sounds like the right thing to do. Cabelas is going to offer 75 to 80% of what they know they can sell it for at most. My guess would be they would put a $1200 sticker on the gun and let it out the door quickly at $1000. Most gun shops have to play the time vs cost game as to value. Good luck and let us know what S&W says.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

Thanks for responding with your thought and facts and for what sounded like an offer I really appreciate it. I will be sending in for the history from mr Jinks. My total goal is and the deal I worked out with cabelas was to get an m&p 9mm with laser sight holster, a m&p 40 with laser sight and holster and an m&p ar15 loaded with floating scope soft case 4 mags few other goodies ammo all around all contingent on getting history letter from s&w which the research I've done suggests that it was sent to fbi serial starts TFF there is a T stamped on trigger guard the front handle has vertical grooves plus. And there are none of the consumer warnings stamped on it That I have seen on the other straight to civilian guns I've seen.