Any M&p owners out there?? - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Any M&p owners out there??

Quote Originally Posted by nosreme View Post
    I have the M&P 9 - great gun. Interestingly, the M&P 40 trigger is significantly shorter than that of the 9 and feels so awkward in my big hand I haven't been able to bring myself to buy one despite some terrific gun show prices.
    I had not noticed that. I have the full size 45 and 40c and my friend has the full size 9mm. I did the Apex Tactical trigger work on all of the ones mentioned
    and had not noted that. Ours are MA compliant however, and have a different sear and trigger spring assy. They may be physically different in that aspect. I'll have to measure next time they are all together.
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Quote Originally Posted by 6shootercarry View Post
    I had not noticed that. I have the full size 45 and 40c and my friend has the full size 9mm. I did the Apex Tactical trigger work on all of the ones mentioned
    and had not noted that. Ours are MA compliant however, and have a different sear and trigger spring assy. They may be physically different in that aspect. I'll have to measure next time they are all together.
    My first M&P was the full size 40 and the trigger is fine. Sold that (just after adding CS grips to it) that sale funded my new baby M&P 9C from everything I have seen all the triggers are the same. Off topic but with the new sig P250 you can add a longer or short trigger.The only thing I dislike about the M&P is the stock trigger pull of around 7 pounds! But you can get a trigger job and get it down to 3.5 pounds. I will say that the thumb saftey is a pain in the ass(SAVE YOUR SELF THE TROUBLE) I found it good for a thumb rest and that was about it.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    My first M&P was the full size 40 and the trigger is fine. Sold that (just after adding CS grips to it) that sale funded my new baby M&P 9C from everything I have seen all the triggers are the same. Off topic but with the new sig P250 you can add a longer or short trigger.The only thing I dislike about the M&P is the stock trigger pull of around 7 pounds! But you can get a trigger job and get it down to 3.5 pounds. I will say that the thumb saftey is a pain in the ass(SAVE YOUR SELF THE TROUBLE) I found it good for a thumb rest and that was about it.
    Yea, I was confused by that statement. Both of mine are the same...

Try 10+lbs (my initial Lyman readings were 10lb 7oz) of pull that feels like you're dragging a bag full of rocks up a flight of stairs with your finger and a reset that requires you to all but release the trigger...

Apex Tactical makes AEK (Action Enhancement Kits) that are drop in for $80.00 and the M&P is one of the easiest handguns to disassemble. They make 2 kits, one will provide duty/carry trigger pull at 5-5.5 lbs and reset of about 3/16". The other is a 3.5lb kit for range or competition... Neither of mine have the manual safety. Both have CTC laser grips...

I'm sold on the M&P...

Yea, I was confused by that statement. Both of mine are the same...

Try 10+lbs (my initial Lyman readings were 10lb 7oz) of pull that feels like you're dragging a bag full of rocks up a flight of stairs with your finger and a reset that requires you to all but release the trigger...

Apex Tactical makes AEK (Action Enhancement Kits) that are drop in for $80.00 and the M&P is one of the easiest handguns to disassemble. They make 2 kits, one will provide duty/carry trigger pull at 5-5.5 lbs and reset of about 3/16". The other is a 3.5lb kit for range or competition... Neither of mine have the manual safety. Both have CTC laser grips...

I'm sold on the M&P...
    Well you said yours has that trigger pull to be MA safe did you not? I like a short trigger pull myself I find the longer the pull is (7-10 pounds) I tend to shift the gun low right. Even if I pull it slow (yet still fast enough to not end up dead). Sure when at the range I can pull it as slow as I would like and I tend not to pull the shot. But you want to train as you would fight so you build that muscle memory. As I have said before I'm a noobie to pistols! I did play around with jerking the trigger (just for laughs) and man you cant hit anything when you shoot (gangster style)!

Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    Well you said yours has that trigger pull to be MA safe did you not? I like a short trigger pull myself I find the longer the pull is (7-10 pounds) I tend to shift the gun low right. Even if I pull it slow (yet still fast enough to not end up dead). Sure when at the range I can pull it as slow as I would like and I tend not to pull the shot. But you want to train as you would fight so you build that muscle memory. As I have said before I'm a noobie to pistols! I did play around with jerking the trigger (just for laughs) and man you cant hit anything when you shoot (gangster style)!
    I'm not sure how the 10+lbs of pull makes it safe. Safe for who the BG?

In a self defense situation trying to pull that trigger and hit the BG would be next to impossible so he could get the upper hand.

Swapping out the compliant stuff was the safe thing to do...

Decided to add pics...

8. Nice pics...wondered how the FS looked in a smartcarry

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCohodas View Post
    You asked for pictures...

M&P 45fs with Crimson Trace LaserGrips, ClipDraw and Insight XTI Procyon weapon light.

__________________________________________________ _________________________________

Above in SmartCarry holster with 14-round spare magazine

__________________________________________________ _________________________________

M&P 45c with pinky extension magazine base plate

Thanks for the pic of the FS in a smartcarry holster. Looks good to me.
    S&W M&P 40

Decided to add pics...

I think I have some photos kicking around I'll try and find them. I added CS grips to my full size and then a week later sold it(My wife was PISSED).

m&p problems ??

Quote Originally Posted by The Shootest View Post
    I own two M&P's a 40 cal and a 45 cal Nice guns just have not shot to much yet. And I have had to send them both back for warranty repairs the 40 twice now and the 45 once. So not sure about them. Sorry no pics.
    what kind problem did you have with the m&p !!

what kinda problems did you have???

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast