Damn Glasses - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Damn Glasses

I use progressive lenses. I painted the front sights white, so I could get some contrast and pick up the sights easier. There's a really good article on dealing with shooting and 'old eyes' by Grant Cunningham. Find it either on his site, or PDN. I found it extremely helpful.
    Mike

Living rent free in Bluesstringer's head apparently
    Quote Originally Posted by Tammy Cedo View Post
    "Has any one tried the Perfas lens?"

Please elaborate...I googled it and nothing came up, at least referring to any corrective lens type thing. Thanks.
    Haven't used one myself but it's suposed to be a ultra clear progressive lense that allows focus with the entire lens
    The finest Vodka is a razor Matthew, it leaves no ragged edges.

I wear the regular (line) bifocals. When my eyes really started bothering my shooting, I took my pistol to the optometrist and we worked out a bifocal combination that allowed a good view of the sights (lower lens) when the gun is in the "go fly" position and a clear view of the target (top lens). By adjusting the height to of the line, he was able to make a pair of bifocal shooting glasses that allows me to see both pretty easily. Admittedly, I have to make a momentary "switch", but I'm so used to it that it doesn't affect me.

Over the years, my eyes haven't gotten any better and I'm now on my third pair of shooting glasses. The prescriptions have changed, but the position of the line remains the same.
    Last edited by Lowjiber; 08-23-2013 at 07:46 AM. Reason: spell
    G'Day and G'lock

Progressives for sure, but they do take some getting used to. My doctor told me the easiest way to get used to them was to be sure and point my nose at what I was looking at for awhile. Sounds crazy, but it seemed to work.

For target shooting I wear my bifocals all the time with no problems. As it should be a clear front sight and fuzzy target. For combat shooting I do not use sights and shoot on instinct. Stare at the target point the weapon at the target and pull the trigger.
    Bill

7. Multi-focal contacts here work for me.
    Sent from my Milestone X using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Tammy Cedo View Post
    "Has any one tried the Perfas lens?"

Please elaborate...I googled it and nothing came up, at least referring to any corrective lens type thing. Thanks.
    I found a bunch on Google: https://www.google.com/#fp=470aa19e9...=perfas+lenses

Looks like Pentax and Seiko make them.
    Every time you call Tech Support, a kitten dies...

9. Damn Glasses

I have bifocal safety glasses for the shooting range.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12