Damn Glasses
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Damn Glasses

Damn Glasses

Well, I need to wear bifocals now and aiming my guns is a challenge. So, all you glasses wearers out there, what is best progressive lenses or bifocals?

3. My Husband & I both wear the no-line bifocals...they do take some getting used to...but I find they work the best for me...the lined bifocals interfere with my line of sight. I've worn Bi-focals for over 20 years (I am 46) and the Progressive have come a LONG way since I first started wearing them.

I am in the same boat. I can see the target clear but front sight is blurry. I am going to try different front & rear sights (bigger and/or smaller) to see what works with my Nearsightedness. I was suggested to try Warren Sights.

I have found that if I shoot without my glasses the sights are clear and the target is fuzzy that I have no problem hitting the target...

I'm 58 and have worn contact lenses for the past 45 years....and obviously need to reading glasses to function these days. I find that just wearing my readers works pretty well and also provides a little bit of protection. I focus on the sights and allow the target to be slightly blurred. Works for me, your mileage may vary.

Thank you all for this help. I will try some variations to see what is effective for me

I have no line bifocals and have had no issue. That includes shooting with a scope. I wear Oakley prescription glasses.
    Certified NRA Firearms Instructor
    Oklahoma SDA Instructor
    Utah CCW Instructor

I shot my friends M1 Garand. Target was 40 yards. Did it with out glasses (far sighted). At least w/o the cheaters I could just make out the target.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using USA Carry mobile app

Living rent free in Bluesstringer's head apparently
    Has any one tried the Perfas lens?
    The finest Vodka is a razor Matthew, it leaves no ragged edges.

11. "Has any one tried the Perfas lens?"

Please elaborate...I googled it and nothing came up, at least referring to any corrective lens type thing. Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast