Iowa Couple Shoots and Kills Escaped Inmate
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Iowa Couple Shoots and Kills Escaped Inmate

  1. #1

    Iowa Couple Shoots and Kills Escaped Inmate

    When this elderly couple was taken hostage in their own home by an escaped convict, it was not 911 or the police that came to their rescue. It was their gun ownership that stopped this madman. Watch VIDEO at the end of the article from KETV.

    BEDFORD, Iowa óLaw enforcement officers said Tuesday that an Iowa couple shot and killed an escaped inmate after he forced his way into their home.

    - See more at: Iowa Couple Shoots and Kills Escaped Inmate When Police Could Not Be There in Time
    Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons ~ For You Are Crunchy And Good With Ketchup

  2.   
  3. My younger Son lives about 50 miles east of that location. He's been playing door guard for the old folks who live nearby for the last couple of days. Cops may be "only minutes away" but 12 gauge get there @ 1200FPS.

  4. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobuck View Post
    My younger Son lives about 50 miles east of that location. He's been playing door guard for the old folks who live nearby for the last couple of days. Cops may be "only minutes away" but 12 gauge get there @ 1200FPS.
    Yes, that's becoming a pretty common mantra. The cops are not really there to protect you, just to sort everything out once it's happened.
    That's really great of your son and I'll bet his neighbors appreciate it. Bless his heart.
    Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons ~ For You Are Crunchy And Good With Ketchup

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Hog Jaw, Arkansas
    Posts
    2,275
    Howdy,

    Goodguys 1; BadGuys 0

    Paul
    I'm so Liberal that I work at the Bill and Hillary Clinton Regional Airport!

  6. #5
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    north east Iowa
    Posts
    1,250
    This is one it the main reasons that gun control is absolutely ridiculous. Every human has a God given right to protect himself. And the police are not capable of protecting everyone, nor are they obligated to do so by law. Only a firearm allows an average citizen to exercise this right. Crime happens everywhere; even rural families living in an idyllic setting are vulnerable. No one is completely safe. Therefore, firearms ownership in this country is not only a right but an obligation. Criminal activity may be less in rural areas; but police help often requires more time.

    This crime happened in a very rural Iowa farming area of Taylor County ( pop. 6000) where most would say It is extremely safe and self defense is highly unlikely. Fortunately Iowans are independent and believers in the Second Amendment.. This may be off the subject but does help make a point. Taylor County adjoins another idyllic Iowa county, Montgomery. The town of Villisca was the scene of one of the most gruesome murders in U. S. history at a time that is considered one of Victorian innocence (1912). An entire family and two neighbor children were the victims of a never solved axe murder. The total dead included 2 adults and 6 young children. I have friends who question my need to have a carry permit in a safe rural area of NE Iowa. Carrying a fire arm is a right and a need, appropriate everywhere.

    Sorry, if have a tendency to make long posts.

  7. #6
    Just think how much money this couple will save the state of Iowa. They also deserve a reward.
    Even though I walk through the valley of the Shadow of Death, I will fear no Evil, for YOU are with me; Remington 44 Mag:

  8. #7
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    north east Iowa
    Posts
    1,250
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob in Bristol View Post
    Just think how much money this couple will save the state of Iowa. They also deserve a reward.
    Iowa tends to give long prison sentences and a life sentence means life. Unfortunately the taxpayers of this state get to support them. So I would like to offer my personal thanks to this couple for the monetary savings.

  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by buckey01 View Post
    This is one it the main reasons that gun control is absolutely ridiculous. Every human has a God given right to protect himself. And the police are not capable of protecting everyone, nor are they obligated to do so by law. Only a firearm allows an average citizen to exercise this right. Crime happens everywhere; even rural families living in an idyllic setting are vulnerable. No one is completely safe. Therefore, firearms ownership in this country is not only a right but an obligation. Criminal activity may be less in rural areas; but police help often requires more time.

    This crime happened in a very rural Iowa farming area of Taylor County ( pop. 6000) where most would say It is extremely safe and self defense is highly unlikely. Fortunately Iowans are independent and believers in the Second Amendment.. This may be off the subject but does help make a point. Taylor County adjoins another idyllic Iowa county, Montgomery. The town of Villisca was the scene of one of the most gruesome murders in U. S. history at a time that is considered one of Victorian innocence (1912). An entire family and two neighbor children were the victims of a never solved axe murder. The total dead included 2 adults and 6 young children. I have friends who question my need to have a carry permit in a safe rural area of NE Iowa. Carrying a fire arm is a right and a need, appropriate everywhere.

    Sorry, if have a tendency to make long posts.
    I also live in a very rural sparsely populated area. Low crime rate in the immediate area and probably 30 miles in any direction. But still I carry all day, every day even though I often never leave the farm. Seems paranoid, right? I also live less than 40 miles from the farm where the Clutters (In Cold Blood) were killed in the 50s. I'm sure they were not expecting any problems that day either.
    Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons ~ For You Are Crunchy And Good With Ketchup

  10. Glad to see that no charges are going to be filed. But really why would there any charges. But I am sure that the victims family will end up sueing for some stupid reason

  11. #10
    Des Moines TV station reported the couple had planned ahead of time, to kill the escaped prisoner, should they encounter him breaking into their home. Not a good thing to admit to the media, or ever say out loud to anyone.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast