NRA Built Massive Gun Owner Database
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NRA Built Massive Gun Owner Database

1. NRA Built Massive Gun Owner Database

If true it's a tad unnerving

How The NRA Built A Massive Secret Database Of Gun Owners

Read the story, this isn't just their members, they are getting data from wherever they can.

And of course now the liberal media is jumping all over it:

The registry the NRA warned against - The Maddow Blog
    An informed gun owner is an anti-gunners worst nightmare, stay informed at the American Gun Owners Alliance

This seems like pretty easy stuff to compile. It is also logical for them to be gathering such information so I'm certainly not shocked. I am a bit disturbed by the potential for hacking but I assume Obama's crew has much better and more extensive information than the NRA could ever hope to compile. I mean seriously, the gov has a million times the intelligence gathering capabilities than the NRA or ANYONE else and we would have to be nuts to think they are waiting for some national registry to be law before they start gathering the information. As much as I hate my name on any list, well, I'm not going to kid myself. I'm on all of them. The NRA is probably the one I'm least worried about.
    Typos are for the entertainment of the reader. Don't let it go to your head!

Again I don't care if people know I have guns, you can also know I know how to use them and will. 2nd Amendment allows me this right along with the rest of the constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare45 View Post
    Again I don't care if people know I have guns, you can also know I know how to use them and will. 2nd Amendment allows me this right along with the rest of the constitution.
    Same here. Time to stand up and be counted. Keep training. May be a time in the not-so-distant future that all that training might be put to good use.
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    Same here. Time to stand up and be counted. Keep training. May be a time in the not-so-distant future that all that training might be put to good use.
    We pray that we will never need to use that training, but it's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.
    TANSTAAFL

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    It doesn't surprise me at all that the biggest, most well-organized and longest-standing gun control organization in the world would compile such a list. Glad I'm not a member anymore, because I hate betrayal and lies worse than anything, which is precisely why I'm not a member anymore.

No need for anyone to get mad at me for saying it. I can (and have many times on this forum) document why I say what I say, and every time I do, angry N R A members deflect from every piece of documentation I offer by saying that was in the past, or the new leadership is comprised of gun-rights saints, yada yada. Save it. I've made up my mind, and believe as strongly as I can that putting all your eggs in the N R A basket is counter-productive at best.

If you must tell me what a jack-wagon I am for saying such things out loud, at least take a gander at a little bit of the documentation I've offered in the past first. That's hardly the extent of it either.

The N R A is not so much "big gun" as it is "big corporatism," which wouldn't be bad at all except for one thing: What they sell is trust, altruism, and constitutional advocacy. But what they deliver is betrayal, false promises, and support for constitutional usurpations. The proof is fairly easy to find. I suggest y'all try.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Did any of you bother to fully read the article? SOurces include the following:

“There are certainly some parallels,” said Laura Quinn, CEO of Catalist, a data analysis firm used by Obama for America. “The NRA is not only able to understand people who their members are but also people who are not their members. The more data they have, the more it allows them to test different strategies and different messages on different people.”

So, you're going to believe anything that Obama for America says about the NRA? Really? REALLY?????

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare45 View Post
    I don't care as much that I am on a list for the NRA since I have been a member for a while. What I do care about is if the Chief Rights Abuser obummer puts me on a target list that he or any of his cronies put together. He has the NSA to track my every movement by cell phone and other data mining techniques. That I object to. Those goons have already stated and shown the Second Amendment doesn't apply if they say it doesn't apply. They have the power to put a lot of us 6 feet under before anyone can get around to declaring what they are doing is illegal. We have 5 years of proof that a law means nothing to this crowd if they don't want to obey it. I don't think the NRA has anything beyond the fact that I am a gun rights supporter and certainly is not out to take rights or more away from me.
    Dave "The said Constitution shall never be construed...to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." Samuel Adams

I don't particularly like my name in any computer data base; but I'm afraid it's too late. I'm pretty sure that I'm in many. The NRA data base, other than their annoying mailings, doesn't particularly bother me. It is the government lists and information stores the creates some level of fear. Government by nature is force. It uses information to intimidate and create fear in the population. A government that engenders fear in the population is tyranny; and fear and control are the the main instruments of progressive tyranny.

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokinWill View Post
    Did any of you bother to fully read the article? SOurces include the following:

“There are certainly some parallels,” said Laura Quinn, CEO of Catalist, a data analysis firm used by Obama for America. “The NRA is not only able to understand people who their members are but also people who are not their members. The more data they have, the more it allows them to test different strategies and different messages on different people.”

So, you're going to believe anything that Obama for America says about the NRA? Really? REALLY?????
    Did you even read what you just quoted? Catalist is a data analysis firm used by OFA, it isn't OFA. There's no bias implicit in a contractor performing the analysis it was contracted to perform.

What do you find incredible about what's said just a couple of paragraphs before what you quoted above?

That database has been built through years of acquiring gun permit registration lists from state and county offices, gathering names of new owners from the thousands of gun safety classes taught by NRA-certified instructors and by buying lists of attendees of gun shows, subscribers to gun magazines, and more, BuzzFeed has learned.
    If my state is releasing permit holder information to any private organization, I want to know about it. I don't think my state is because there's a law preventing it, but it sure as heck wouldn't surprise me to find out that many .orgs would seek to gather that info, whether for marketing purposes, polling lists or newsletter alerts seeking political actions.

It's indisputable that the vast majority of CCW instructors are all N R A-certified, and could forward new permission slip applicant's names to headquarters as a matter of course. I don't doubt they do that for a second.

Every gun show I go to requires attendees to run a gauntlet of N R A membership pitches before you can get into the floor area. But first, you have the chance to fill out an email address card so the show promoters can let you know when the next show is. I always fill it out because that's the easiest way to know about upcoming shows, but I'll guarantee that the email addy's are given to the N R A reps because after each show, I have to unsubscribe from another N R A-ILA newsletter that I never signed up for willingly.

I really think you misunderstood the quote that you posted, and you obviously misunderstand how the N R A works. It's a massive money-tree that sells trust but delivers betrayal. Turn a blind eye to it if you want, but for the life of me, I will never understand why so many well-intentioned gun owners do.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast