Detroit to continue stop and frisk policy.... - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: Detroit to continue stop and frisk policy....

  1. #11
    ezkl2230 Guest
    Sten, I'm going to un-ignore you for a moment. There IS a difference between reasonable suspicion and probable cause. Reasonable suspicion comes down to exactly what you're talking about. An officer thinks you look out of place in a particular area and they roust you. Probable cause means you are observed actually doing something that is potentially or actually illegal. 4.4 million people were rousted in NYC WITHOUT PROBABLE CAUSE based on a suspicion that the MIGHT be doing something illegal - and less than 1/10 of 1% turned out to be guilty. Your argument, like so many others you have posted, just doesn't hold up.

  2.   
  3. Quote Originally Posted by ezkl2230 View Post
    4.4 million people were rousted in NYC WITHOUT PROBABLE CAUSE based on a suspicion that the MIGHT be doing something illegal - and less than 1/10 of 1% turned out to be guilty. Your argument, like so many others you have posted, just doesn't hold up.
    Well.... most of those rousted in NYC were detained on an UNREASONABLE suspicion that they MIGHT be doing something illegal. However, most of those in NYC probably voluntarily consented to interaction with the police because they didn't know any better. That is also a huge factor....Stengun's theory is just voluntarily comply and there are no problems. I just don't have it in me to voluntarily comply in order to prevent an illegal detainment.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

  4. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Posts
    7,422
    Quote Originally Posted by Stengun View Post
    One of the most idiotic things I have ever read on the 'Net. More likely than not, the local cops knewn about the meeting at tha SAC and all you would had to have done was tell them were you were going and why and the situation would have ended right then and there.
    Wow. You're so dull that if my recounting of what happened were a stiletto stuck right in your liver, you still would've missed the point!

    For one thing, I worked at the Salvation Army. I was in that neighborhood every single week-day and into most evenings. I drove their donations truck and volunteered to drive and man one of their food trucks during disaster relief musters. Still do volunteer even though I haven't worked for them in more than six years. There was a drug and alcohol rehab facility on the grounds populated for six months at a time by white, black, Hispanic, Korean and every other race/ethnicity at any given point in time.

    But the point you missed is that the pigs had no reason whatsoever to contact me in the first place. It is a violation of the equal protection clause of the 14th Amendment to use race (white or black) as a sole criteria to force an unwanted contact on a citizen, much less to search their vehicle! You are advocating that I submit to racist criminals, assuming that you're right about the reason I was contacted, which doesn't surprise me that you are most likely right, obviously being just as racist and lawless as the pigs I had to deal with that night.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stengun View Post
    Actually, your "story" is pure BS.

    You were "crusin'" in a high crime rate area that was known for drugs and hookers and you played Billy Badbutt with the cops and they backed down and let you go?

    Never happened.
    So to a pig, it is "playing Billy Badbutt" to cite the Constitution and/or stand up for one's rights. That is the point, idiot.

    And I wasn't "cruisin'" at all. I was driving the exact same route I drove every single work-day to the Salvation Army Thrift Store that's right next door to the church. I got lit-up a block away, protested their search and demanded to know what crime I was suspected of committing. Waited for them to finish and went on my way.

    But pig-minded pigs expect citizens to take whatever indignity pigs force upon them, so you make it out to be "playing Billy Badbutt" to know and stand up for our rights. Got it, idiot.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stengun View Post
    You were driving in a high crime rate area in the evening, near nightfall, were white in a more than likely black neighborhood, and that gave the cops "probable cause" to pull you over.
    And that sentence right there proves your racist nature and your antipathy for constitutional rights in this country. Everything you say here is correct except that the color of one's skin qualifies under any reading of criminal law as "probable cause" that's compliant with the 4th Amendment. You and the Huntsville cops who used such racist criteria to invoke their authority are exactly the kinds of pigs who earn southern cops their reputations. Whether or not you actually realize it, at least you're up front about it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stengun View Post
    Usually when "Whitey" is in "Black Town" he's looking for 1 or 2 things: drugs and/or hookers. Both are illegal.
    Yeah, well, violating a citizen's constitutional rights is illegal too. Implementing your racist views while on The People's dime is illegal too.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stengun View Post
    same pigheaded mindset as the pigs? Nope. I was just stating what the LEOs were doing in Little Rock back in the 90's. The "pigheaded mindset" of cops today is NOT a Liberal POV.
    I'll buy that so-called conservatives have contributed to the egregious violations of rights in this country, but a racist pig is a racist pig no matter what ideology s/he claims to adhere to. Your ideas about what constitutes "probable cause" are racist to the bone.

    Blues

  5. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Rocky River, Ohio
    Posts
    1,519
    Quote Originally Posted by Stengun View Post
    Howdy,



    Sounds like you want someone that take care of you instead of you being a responsible adult and taking care of yourself.

    As a child you do not have any control over where you live. As an adult you do.

    Live in a high crime rate area as an adult? Move.
    Move WHERE and with what money?

    Today people are lucky to have ANY job. Where exactly do you expect somebody in a dead end, low paying job (or no job at all) to move that's got LESS crime? The bottom of Lake Michigan?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stengun View Post
    Pretty simple.
    Simple minded, actually.

  6. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    An Alternate Reality, I Assure You...
    Posts
    5,115
    Oh good, another thread where Paul shows us how stupid he is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

  7. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Stengun View Post
    Howdy,



    One of the most idiotic things I have ever read on the 'Net. More likely than not, the local cops knewn about the meeting at tha SAC and all you would had to have done was tell them were you were going and why and the situation would have ended right then and there.

    Actually, your "story" is pure BS.

    You were "crusin'" in a high crime rate area that was known for drugs and hookers and you played Billy Badbutt with the cops and they backed down and let you go?

    Never happened.

    You were driving in a high crime rate area in the evening, near nightfall, were white in a more than likely black neighborhood, and that gave the cops "probable cause" to pull you over.

    Usually when "Whitey" is in "Black Town" he's looking for 1 or 2 things: drugs and/or hookers. Both are illegal.

    same pigheaded mindset as the pigs? Nope. I was just stating what the LEOs were doing in Little Rock back in the 90's. The "pigheaded mindset" of cops today is NOT a Liberal POV.

    Paul
    Not so much drugs, but whats wrong with hookers,
    Bad Guys of the world beware the next time you think about jumping on a old guy, because its a fair bet he's to old to fight and probably to fat to run, but can put one in your eye at 50ft with his weak hand

  8. #17
    My sister lives in near Detroit and there are no jobs in MI at all. She looked for work for a long time before she finally found a couple of part-time jobs that would make up at least a 40 hr week. She is not making anything near what she made before obummer!

    In Detroit there is nothing! The lib-o-rats run Detroit for years and run it into the ground! Even the rats (not the libs) have left the town. People should leave but to many believe they can not leave or won't. Crime is very rampant and while do not agree with the stop and frisk, I do understand the reason for it! I do not have an answer for how to stop the crime there or other places like Detroit.

    We have other towns/cities that are on the same path as Detroit.

  9. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnerbob View Post
    Oh good, another thread where Paul shows us how stupid he is.
    Maybe he was home schooled
    Bad Guys of the world beware the next time you think about jumping on a old guy, because its a fair bet he's to old to fight and probably to fat to run, but can put one in your eye at 50ft with his weak hand

  10. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Rocky River, Ohio
    Posts
    1,519
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketgeezer View Post
    Maybe he was home schooled
    By Joe Biden and David Duke?

  11. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Posts
    7,422
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    By Joe Biden and David Duke?
    Bingo!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast