Armed Carjacker versus Armed Citizen.

View Poll Results: Was this a justified shooting?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

38 97.44%
  • No

1 2.56%
  • Undecided, my brain hurts.

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Armed Carjacker versus Armed Citizen.

The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"

Question Armed Carjacker versus Armed Citizen.

I stumbled upon this very interesting video clip this morning.......
    Did the vehicle owner do the right thing? Or was he unjustified in this shooting?
    What say you?

Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

If you put in a gun in my face, I'll put a bullet in yours. Simple.

Forcible felony = shoot. Running away shot in back while second carjacker comes around the corner = still good as the attack was stil ongoing. If you feel that the person may be going to do another carjacking to get away, still might be good as some states allow for stopping or preventing a forcible felony from happening. YMMV depending on your state.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

Howdy,

Staged video.

The driver was too casual while walking back and forth to his car and never looked around a single time but had his gun pointing out the window of his car BEFORE the BG ever got to his car.

Staged video.

Paul
    I'm so Liberal that I work at the Bill and Hillary Clinton Regional Airport!

It looked like the jacker was hit once when facing the car owner. I couldn't tell if the jacker was hit when running away. How many times was he hit?
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Stengun View Post
    Howdy,

Staged video.

The driver was too casual while walking back and forth to his car and never looked around a single time but had his gun pointing out the window of his car BEFORE the BG ever got to his car.

Staged video.

Paul
    Howdy Paul.....

Staged video you say??
    You are so 'full of crap' that your eye's are brown imvho.

~Rant Over~
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

Saw this video months ago, as I remember this happened in Venezuela.

But justified.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Quote Originally Posted by Stengun View Post
    Howdy,

Staged video.

Staged video.

Paul
    Derp!

Video has been posted before. It's via South America.
    If it doesn't fit, FORCE it! If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway.

I think that it was a justifiable shooting. When a person shoves a weapon in your face and you have the opportunity to deflect the weapon or the persons hand and you are able to draw your weapon and place a bullet where it counts; you have had a good day. From what I was looking at, the first shot seems to be the shot that took effect. It does appear that more than one shot was taken. I think that his situational awareness is what saved his life. How many of us take the time to look in our left/right side view and rear view mirrors to see if someone is creeping up on us. I don't know were this incident took place but, I can not see charges being brought against this person.

ezkl2230 Guest
    Did the vehicle owner do the right thing? Or was he unjustified in this shooting?
    What say you?
    Outlaw, I posted this video in June; it was from Venezuela. As I observed then, I'm thinking the defender handled it appropriately and had a good case for an ongoing threat.

First attacker comes after the defender, who appears to have been locking up his business, attacker is engaged. A second person who showed up at the corner of the building a second or two into the attack also appeared to be pulling a firearm. At least one shot from the defender is clearly directed at the second individual and impacts the wall right in front of him as he scurries back behind the wall. Attack ends with the apparent death of the first attacker, second attacker appears to have high-tailed it out of Dodge. Given what I see in this video, if I am in the defender's position at that moment I assume I am about to face at least two attackers, one of whom is trying to provide cover for the first attacker so that they can continue the attack from behind cover, and I continue shooting until I am absolutely certain that the threat has been neutralized. I will take my chances with a jury. You know the saying - better to be judged by twelve than carried by six.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast