How do you respond to people thinking your are paranoid? - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 54

Thread: How do you respond to people thinking your are paranoid?

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Rocky River, Ohio
    Posts
    1,518
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff357 View Post
    I don't carry a sign that I am carrying a firearm at all times. However I have gotten into discussions with people concerning firearms and they have expressed that they feel people that are 'gun nuts' are just being paranoid.
    I had that conversation with some of my relatives in Chicago when I showed them my Ohio CHL. One of them asked, "Is Ohio that 'dangerous'?"

    I replied:
    • Police have no legal duty to protect individuals.
    • Police have no legal liability when they fail to protect individuals.
    • Police have virtually no physical ability to protect individuals.

    The police don't protect individuals. They draw chalk outlines around individuals who don't protect themselves. If you aren't willing and able to protect yourself, you're just not going to get protected at all. Anybody who tells you different is a liar.

    Of course it was amusing to hear somebody in the nation's murder [and police criminality] capital talk about how "dangerous" Ohio is...

  2.   
  3. #32
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    SE FL and SE OH
    Posts
    5,602
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowjiber View Post
    I just don't talk to people like that. Period.
    Why? They are always good for a few laughs at their expense.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

  4. #33
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    SE FL and SE OH
    Posts
    5,602
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    I had that conversation with some of my relatives in Chicago when I showed them my Ohio CHL. One of them asked, "Is Ohio that 'dangerous'?"

    I replied:
    • Police have no legal duty to protect individuals.
    • Police have no legal liability when they fail to protect individuals.
    • Police have virtually no physical ability to protect individuals.

    The police don't protect individuals. They draw chalk outlines around individuals who don't protect themselves. If you aren't willing and able to protect yourself, you're just not going to get protected at all. Anybody who tells you different is a liar.

    Of course it was amusing to hear somebody in the nation's murder [and police criminality] capital talk about how "dangerous" Ohio is...
    Tell them yes it is that dangerous. But unlike your city, you can defend yourself.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

  5. #34
    And the Defense Department is "paranoid" for spending billions on weapons and readiness training??? And American LEOs are "paranoid" for carrying sidearms and having ARs and shotguns in their vehicles?

    It ain't a gun - its a "crime extinguisher!"

  6. #35
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Rocky River, Ohio
    Posts
    1,518
    Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    Tell them yes it is that dangerous. But unlike your city, you can defend yourself.
    But it ISN'T "that dangerous", and one reason why is that unlike in Chicago, armed robbery in Cleveland is dangerous for the ROBBER.

    I suspect that very few people get into armed robbery because they want to work for their money or because they want to risk their OWN lives.

  7. #36
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    SE FL and SE OH
    Posts
    5,602
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    But it ISN'T "that dangerous", and one reason why is that unlike in Chicago, armed robbery in Cleveland is dangerous for the ROBBER.

    I suspect that very few people get into armed robbery because they want to work for their money or because they want to risk their OWN lives.
    Liberals don't understand that crime goes down when citizens are armed. It isn't logical for them because to them, more guns = more crime. They forget about the fact than more armed citizens = more chances for the criminals to get shot. The self preservation gene is still in the crooks along with the stupid gene.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

  8. #37
    I am paranoid. I am trying to fit in, in this crazy world.
    Even though I walk through the valley of the Shadow of Death, I will fear no Evil, for YOU are with me; Remington 44 Mag:

  9. #38
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Lumberton, North Carolina
    Posts
    4
    I typically ignore them. If they are provoking that argument in the first place, they generally do not care what your response is..

  10. #39
    One person's paranoid is another person's prepared.
    Every time you call Tech Support, a kitten dies...

  11. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The Real World
    Posts
    7,801
    Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    Liberals don't understand that crime goes down when citizens are armed. It isn't logical for them because to them, more guns = more crime. They forget about the fact than more armed citizens = more chances for the criminals to get shot.
    You're wrong. Liberals do understand that crime goes down when citizens are armed. It "IS" logical to Liberals that more guns equals less crime. Liberals don't forget about the fact that more armed citizens = more chances for the criminals to get shot. Liberals know the truth, but the truth is counter to their anti-Second Amendment AGENDA. People have got to stop this kind of BS RHETORIC assuming that Liberals just don't get it. Nothing could be further from the truth. Really, wise up.
    It Is Appointed Onto Man Once To Die, And After That To Face Judgement

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast