How do you respond to people thinking your are paranoid? - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: How do you respond to people thinking your are paranoid?

I don't drive without buckling my seat belt, I don't live in a house without a fire extinguisher and I don't go without being armed; to me just standard everyday precautions.
    I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by jeff357 View Post
    I don't carry a sign that I am carrying a firearm at all times. However I have gotten into discussions with people concerning firearms and they have expressed that they feel people that are 'gun nuts' are just being paranoid. They never have any statistics to back up their stance unlike 'gun nuts' statistics showing crime stats and the very real possibility to be a target of criminals nearly anytime and any place no matter how strictly they try to avoid dangerous places. Call it what you will, but if whatever drives my reasons to carry a firearm is ever the deciding factor of making it home at night or not I will be ever thankful for that right.
    I try not to get into "baiting" conversations with people who think the Constitution is for wiping their arses. However, when they get mugged, beaten, robbed, burgled, etc. I'm the first on the scene to say "Told ya".

Also, throw back at them that they have the right not to exercise their first Amendment as well. That makes them pause for awhile to give you a chance to leave.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

I like what mappow said (I have a few fire extinguishers around the house. Am I paranoid of fire or just prepared incase something happens? )

5. I have a step-mother who is a frothing-at-the-mouth anti-gun liberal - she would literally be happy I stated it that way. We have an unspoken agreement to not discuss this issue since neither of us is going to be giving up an inch on it.

When I am visiting my dad we generally end up with a group of their friends who are all very left wing. Depending on the nature of the person asking my responses are :
    1. "I'm an armed former Marine grunt - what could I possibly be worried about?"
    or
    2. "I have already been in two situations where having a gun was the only thing that kept me from harm at the hands of multiple attackers. What guarrantee can you give me that it will never happen again?"
    If I somehow ended up in this discussion with a nosy stranger out in public I would probably point to my wife and two little boys and say "I carry because my family deserves as much protection as I can provide. What are you going to do about it?"
    I doubt it would come to that though because I am an extremely fit, short-haired, middle aged male and I suspect anybody who might have noticed me being armed - including LEO's - probably assumed I am an LEO.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456