Training Sites

Thread: Training Sites

1. Question Training Sites

I have shot pistols and shotguns most of my life but have had very little formal instruction. I am considering going to one of the intensive training sites to learn more about defensive handgun shooting and to get constructive feedback to improve my skills. I have been receiving many offers to a place called Front Sight that is in Las Vegas. I was wondering if anyone has had experience with this facility and what impressions were or if there are other training facilities people may recommend. I live in SC so Nevada is quite a distance but there are generally reasonable flights.

Other alternatives:

http://www.gunsite.com/classes_pistol.html
    Defensive Handgun Training | Instruction in Concealed Carry Weapons Permits and Handgun Tactics Courses
    General Defensive Handgun Training
    John S. Farnam, DTI - COURSES | DEFENSIVE HANDGUN
    I.C.E. Firearm and Self Defense Training Courses
    Defensive Concepts North Carolina - Firearm training and the defensive use of the handgun, rifle and shotgun.
    and the following are in SC
    Classes and Courses | Able Tactical
    SPARTAN TACTICAL TRAINING GROUP & THE TEAM SPARTAN NETWORK - TACTICAL FIREARMS TRAINING COURSES IN ILLINOIS
    PaladinTraining.com
    Course Description | Defense-Dynamics

Front Sight has done one thing very well, advertise itself. When you go, you will get more of the advertising feel. My recommendation, stay local, save your money.

I came up with those suggestions very quickly with an Internet search and doing very little digging.

I would also recommend posting your same question in the SC forums to see if anyone local could recommend a good training program in SC. I started you off with four programs in SC to research into. I have gone out of state for training, and I've stayed local and received training. If the folks are professional, training is training. Look into the programs, ask questions of those that have gone through and save your $$.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

4. Thanks

Sent from my DROIDX using USA Carry mobile app

What state are you in?
    Certified NRA Firearms Instructor
    Oklahoma SDA Instructor
    Utah CCW Instructor