Anyone ever carry a Desert Eagle 44mag?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone ever carry a Desert Eagle 44mag?

Anyone ever carry a Desert Eagle 44mag?

Just like it says (and since this is the general firearm discussion forum). Just wondering.
    I bought a pretty sweet (not cheap) leather shoulder holster system for my MKVII and plan on carrying it this winter under a jacket.

The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"
    I know of someone who conceal carries a 44 magnum 'S&W Revolver'..........This dude.

Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

How about a Ruger Super Redhawk 44mag?
    Even though I walk through the valley of the Shadow of Death, I will fear no Evil, for YOU are with me; Remington 44 Mag:

Do I need to re-phrase the question? Or start a poll? The Desert Eagle is not a revolver even though I'm a Clint Eastwood fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Just like it says (and since this is the general firearm discussion forum). Just wondering.
    I bought a pretty sweet (not cheap) leather shoulder holster system for my MKVII and plan on carrying it this winter under a jacket.
    No, but I carry a 44Mag Revolver.
    Even though I walk through the valley of the Shadow of Death, I will fear no Evil, for YOU are with me; Remington 44 Mag:

My wheelbarrow is only rated at four pounds.
    G'Day and G'lock

The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Do I need to re-phrase the question? Or start a poll? The Desert Eagle is not a revolver even though I'm a Clint Eastwood fan.
    I know that the Desert Eagle is not a revolver....I was just being a bit of a smart a$$...apologies.

It's too large-framed of a sidearm to comfortably carry concealed on a daily basis imvho.
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

I carried one that I used to own in a nylon shoulder rig. Considering how heavy it was it was fairly comfortable to carry.

I used to OC one while hunting.
    "When you have to shoot...shoot, don't talk."---Tuco Benedicto Pacífico Juan María Ramírez (aka "The Rat")From The Good the Bad and the Ugly.

Carrying a Desert Eagle is right out of the theater of the absurd. Many obvious factors make it a poor choice as a carry gun and some not so obvious factors do likewise. Sure it's bulky and unwieldy and slow to draw from under a winter coat. Have you practiced drawing from a shoulder holster? Not many ranges will let you do that. What state will the gun be in while you carry it? How well can you manipulate the slide mounted safety with its awkward upward travel?

The 44 is a far better hunting cartridge than defensive cartridge. If you are expecting rifle-like shocking power from the 44 you will be very disappointed. The 44's success in the game fields comes from its penetration and as Elmer said, it kills by punching full-caliber holes all the way through a game animal.

Once you address these questions, you can address the danger posed to innocent bystanders from the excess penetration of the 44. If you do have to use your right of self defense, will one of the myriad of unethical prosecutors try and transform a righteous shooting into a homocide charge because of your choice of weapons? One of the questions asked of the testifying experts at George zimmermans trial was whether he used an appropriate weapon. As one of my colleague's would say "start with the grand jury proceedings and work backwards."

If you don't take your rights seriously enough to get a handgun that's right for the job, do yourself a favor and don't bother carrying.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast