"Point 'em out, knock 'em out" and critical life lessons.... - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "Point 'em out, knock 'em out" and critical life lessons....

1. According to our CWP instructor here in SC, that is one of the main differences between a cop and a civilian. We cannot shoot a fleeing suspect where they can. I think even they are under quite a bit of scrutiny though as to when they can even do it.

ezkl2230 Guest

Update.....

A report today says that the prosecuting attorney in this case will not "take a position on Weaverís petition for an exemption that allows teens 17 to 21 to have convictions expunged once a sentence is successfully served." The report also states that the judge could still deny such a plea.

So once this kid has served his two year sentence for felony possession/carry of an EMD, he could petition the court to expunge his record and there would be no more record of this incident if the court grants his petition. The report says nothing about his eligibility for time off for good behavior.

'Point 'em out, knock 'em out': Attacker shot by concealed weapon holder could have charge erased | MLive.com

ezkl2230 Guest
    Update to this story.

Marvell Weaver was released from jail 2 months early without paying any of the fines or court costs levied by the court - even though he had previous felony convictions and was supposed to be meeting with his parole officer at the time he carried out his attack. His two friends were never charged.

As for the victim?

Even though the shooting was ruled justified, his S&W compact .40 was kept as evidence and it took him months to get it back, by which time he had bought another one. The courts refused to reimburse him.

http://www.mlive.com/news/index.ssf/..._out_teen.html

Thanks for the update.

Quote Originally Posted by ezkl2230 View Post
    Update to this story.

Marvell Weaver was released from jail 2 months early without paying any of the fines or court costs levied by the court - even though he had previous felony convictions and was supposed to be meeting with his parole officer at the time he carried out his attack. His two friends were never charged.
    this is one of the biggest dirty secrets that is kept from the honest people, the "indigents" rarely if ever pay court imposed fines/costs/penalties. and the orders of the courts are rarely enforced. the bad guys know it. another dirty secret is suspended/early termination of sentences this is why you see felons with dozens of convictions who aren't in prison.

as for the guy who lost the use of his gun, the moral to that story is that you always need to own a second or more guns
    WARNING:
    This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by ezkl2230 View Post
    That's the name of the new "game": point 'em out, knock 'em out. The players choose a random victim and cold cocks 'em just for the fun of it. The game of battery for playas age 13 and up!

So this young thug and two of his friends play the game in Lansing, MI. Only this time, the attacker isn't just going to hit someone, he's illegally carrying a stun gun (in Michigan you must have a CPL in order to legally carry a stun gun) and is going to nail his victim with 1.6 million volts. Just for fun, mind you.

So he sizes up his target and attacks. Only his stun gun malfunctions and there is no hilarious, body-wrenching shock. All the intended victim knows is that someone has just stuck something sharp in his back multiple times AS HE WAITS AT HIS DAUGHTER'S BUS STOP FOR HER TO GET OFF THE BUS.

And out comes his compact .40 S&W M&P with a full 10 round magazine.

The attacker turned to run away, and the defender put one round into his butt, dropping him in his tracks. In spite of the attack, the defender stayed with the attacker, called 911 and asked for medical attention.

The attacker, who is facing a two year felony for illegally possessing a stun gun, wrote a letter of apology to the defender:

OK - that's the life lesson for the kid.

What the article DOESN'T address is the potential charges that could be brought against the defender.

He shot the kid in the butt. The kid was fleeing the scene, and there was no imminent danger to the defender at this point.

As much as any of us might have wanted to shoot the thug for his assault on us, was the defender justified in shooting him?

Short answer, in Michigan anyway, is Yes.

Michigan has a fleeing felon law:

While I don't think any of us really want to take such chances with a prosecuting attorney who may or may not be a supporter of our Second Amendment right to carry and defend ourselves, the answer is Yes, he was justified.

That's the lesson for the rest of us.
    One other thing I have read at this forum that I think is a good point... just because someone is running, doesn't mean that they are done with the fight. Maybe they are running to the car to get a shotgun. You just really never know what's in their heads.
    ~~~ Theodore Roosevelt
    * To educate a man in mind, and not in morals, is to educate a menace to society.

8. And another twist to the game....

Knockout Game Attacker Asked Man If He Was Carrying A Gun - See more at: Knockout Game Attacker Asked Man If He Was Carrying A Gun
    Knockout Game Attacker Asked Man If He Was Carrying A Gun

9. Quote Originally Posted by gfrlaser View Post
    I've been asked that question a few times. My answer is always no. And as one of my shift partners always says, "I may be caught by surprise, but I will never be caught off guard." Stay skeptical my friends.

My heart has serious electrical issues. This new version of the knock out game would probably be fatal. If I saw the kid coming I would warn loudly then shoot to stop the threat. These kids are going to kill someone - else. Pretty sure some have already been killed by that game.

I really appreciate how you followed this story, thanks
    Typos are for the entertainment of the reader. Don't let it go to your head!

ezkl2230 Guest
    See one thugga coldcock a 6 month pregnant woman - without even breaking stride.

Now, THAT took real guts.

"Do you have a glock," asked the "knockout game" playa?

"Glock? No. Say hello to my little friend - my Springfield XDS .45!"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast