Grand Rapids Police to Teachers: You have to stay alive for 10 minutes.... - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Grand Rapids Police to Teachers: You have to stay alive for 10 minutes....

Maybe they should pass a law that requires teachers and students to stay alive for 10 minutes after that start of an active shooter incident. That should solve everything just like the other great laws they pass. If it doesn't solve anything then at least they will have something they can tell the idiot public about how they tried as hard as they could to do something.

Quote Originally Posted by sdprof View Post
    During those 10 minutes, are they allowed to pray?
    Only to Allah...
    Lewis - NRA Life - Oregon Firearms Federation - National Assoc. for Gun Rights

Gun control is NOT about guns, it's about CONTROL.

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior1256 View Post
    Political correctness at its worse.
    Anybody got an example of polo cal correctness at its best?

<crickets>

:-)
    Lewis - NRA Life - Oregon Firearms Federation - National Assoc. for Gun Rights

Gun control is NOT about guns, it's about CONTROL.

Blog Entries
    No sense in being practical and arming the teachers. Too simple!

Quote Originally Posted by CarryInNewYork View Post
    So they still have the same tools to defend themselves with as before..except now its on the news. Nice.
    I got it! - Let's throw those heavy useless "PC" History Books that are on the shelves. Give me a good stack of World Book Encyclopedias and I can build a Fort. Sorry, you might not know what the WBE's are.
    Keep a positive Defensive Mindset: Good Values, Mental Techniques, and Attitude will maximize the effectiveness of your response to a life situation.NRA Instructor, RSO

Quote Originally Posted by JPG55 View Post
    I got it! - Let's throw those heavy useless "PC" History Books that are on the shelves. Give me a good stack of World Book Encyclopedias and I can build a Fort. Sorry, you might not know what the WBE's are.
    Its thick enough to slow down handgun calibers. ;)

Their "advice" reminds me of the "Duck and Cover" drills when I was young. Peace of mind, perhaps, but of no actual use.
    Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man gainst his own bosom. Congress have no power to disarm the militia...Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

Nice. A public announcement of a soft target. Whose side are these guys on anyway??????????

Common sense clearly not on the menu.
    Typos are for the entertainment of the reader. Don't let it go to your head!

Quote Originally Posted by farsidefan1 View Post
    Nice. A public announcement of a soft target. Whose side are these guys on anyway??????????

Common sense clearly not on the menu.
    And it never is....

The choice is simple..

Sent from behind enemy lines.

This is ludicrous. Active shooter situations are generally over in under 2 minutes. I hope those teachers are thinking about exit strategies for their students. Most classrooms in newer schools have no windows that open and ONE entrance into the classroom trapping everyone inside. Many schools require teachers to leave room unlocked or doors open during class. Not the smartest policy in light of security.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast