Grand Rapids Police to Teachers: You have to stay alive for 10 minutes....
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Grand Rapids Police to Teachers: You have to stay alive for 10 minutes....

ezkl2230 Guest

Grand Rapids Public School teachers are being trained before the start of the new school year about surviving active shooter situations, and police are telling them that they have to stay alive and keep their students alive for 10 minutes, using any means at their disposal.

Any means except firearms, that is.

And of course, we know that the 10 minute figure is a baseline. Depending on where the school is located, how many officers are available to respond to the call, how long it takes them to assemble to effect an entry, where the bad guy is located in a multi-story school building, etc., that time will go up significantly.

WOOD TV is going to air the first part of their report on the exercise tonight at 6, part 2 at 11. There should be some video to view after that.

WOODTV - Target 8: A test for teachers | WOOD TV8

God forbid we should ever let teachers actually defend themselves and their students.

****Edited****
    The approach teachers are encouraged to use is straight from the DHS active shooter training they released last year - barricade the doors as best you can and throw improvised weapons at the shooter. My question? Why use improvised weapons when real, effective weapons are readily available?

So they still have the same tools to defend themselves with as before..except now its on the news. Nice.

During those 10 minutes, are they allowed to pray?
    Never argue with a red-haired witch. It wastes your breath and only delays the inevitable. --the collected sayings of Wiz Zumwalt

And this is the decision of the school system? More of the asylum, formerly known as the USA and currently run by its inmates.

All the security enhancements at public schools other than training and arming school staff is little more than window dressing.
    I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me

ezkl2230 Guest
    It's too bad that they haven't learned from the recent Georgia situation. The principal of that school is now asking for armed guards in the building. That would be a start.

Political correctness at its worse.

Quote Originally Posted by sdprof View Post
    Of course not. Everyone knows prayer is not allowed in schools. Two wrongs do not make a right.
    Last edited by HoJo; 08-28-2013 at 01:10 PM. Reason: spelling correction

Continued gun free zone..............advantage bad guy. I am just a dumb ass, but I can see the flaw in this plan.
    Even though I walk through the valley of the Shadow of Death, I will fear no Evil, for YOU are with me; Remington 44 Mag:

Quote Originally Posted by sdprof View Post
    Lol. I'm an atheist and that was funny.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast