Most popular "Home Defense/Range" pistols/revolvers. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Most popular "Home Defense/Range" pistols/revolvers.

My HDG is a Sig P250C .40 Backup to that is a Beretta 92FS
    Every time you call Tech Support, a kitten dies...

3. I keep a S&W full-sized 6 shot J frame by my wife's side of the bed (she just loves her "wheel guns" ) and on my side there's a Sig P226 9mm with rail mounted tac-light for those midnight "bumps" that need investigating. As far as EDC, I like my Sig (without the light) because I have gotten use the feel of it and since I'm a slim guy, I can carry it in an IWB or OWB holster covered with a t-shirt no problem......Of course, in a HD situation in which I have enough time, I'm goin for my Bennelli!

In order 45, 870 pump, Coach gun both 12GA with combo of slug and buck, Body armor.

5. Home defense gun is a Glock 22 (.40) and a Mossberg 590A1 12 ga. pump if necessary.

Carry gun is a Springfield Armory XD-S .45 Bi-Tone.

I practice with all of them regularly.

Future purchases include an AR or a Glock 27 (again .40) or possibly something for the wife if she ever gets interested in getting something for herself.

Quote Originally Posted by cluznar View Post
    Here are a few of my top choices for home defense:

Bersa Thunder Pro HC 9mm
    Stoeger Cougar 9mm
    Beretta PX4 Storm full size 9mm
    Ruger SR9 full size 9mm
    S&W MP9 full size 9mm

As you can see I am a 9mm guy. I believe a full size gun is best for Home defense.
    My choice and what is in our quick access safe is the Beretta PX4 Storm full size 9mm 17+1 safety off, but a long double action trigger pull for the first shot. The rotating barrel results in very little felt recoil and it is the favourite 9mm of my wife and kids so I am confident that they could use it effectively if I was unable to. Mossberg 500 12 gauge Tactical Persuader with #4 buckshot in the long gunsafe.

Stoeger Cougar 9mm is an older model that the Px4 was based on, is $100 less and made in Turkey. Just spend the extra $100 for the newer design made in USA Beretta Px4.
    Bersa Thunder Pro HC 9mm is a heavier and less refined hammer fired pistol. Nothing wrong with Bersa, I have a Thunder 380CC for EDC, but why not get the best for home defense.

While I am not a fan of striker fired pistols, I'd recommend the S&W MP9 over the Ruger SR9 as it has better grip comfort and ergonomic controls. I'd also take a Glock 17 over the SR9.

EDC Sig C3 .45ACP, Home defense starts with the same gun if someone has made it in the house. Otherwise home defense starts with a rifle in the .30 range or rifle in the 9mm range. 30+ rounds makes for better chances to end well for me and bad for them. Range guns are the S&W 9mm and .45 and the russian guns.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

EDC and home defense pistol are the same... G23 or G22 Glock (.40 cal)

However, there is also the pump shotgun (not a pistol though).

The pistol I train with, I carry, and use for home defense. So, yes, I train with my home defense weapon.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12