Springfield XD-S Safety Recall - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 68

Thread: Springfield XD-S Safety Recall

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    Wow... you never cease to amaze me with your broad-stroke brushing of certain types of people. "...they[police and LEO] tend to be rather ignorant, rough people, that are hard on all their equipment..." Seriously??? Of all the LE in this country, how many do you really know? How many have you had dealings with? I'm sure it is a small percentage of all the LE that are out there.
    Unfortunately, in my line of work I have to deal with the local police all the time. If I am pressed for number it is probably a couple of hundred over the years. I can't say that I "really know" any of them because in the course of having to deal with them in my line of work, not a single one of them ever impressed me as a man that I would want for a friend.

  2.   
  3. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post

    I am a LE Glock Armorer. The only way you get to be one is by being in LE. I volunteer with my county's Sheriff's Reserve Division. I have been around a lot of police and other LE and have taken many classes for updates, training, etc. with LE all across the country. The trend of all the LE I have been around is that they treat their firearms with respect because they want to be able to rely on them in case they have to save their arses during their shift. They get that there are folks out in the world that see their badge and look upon it like a target. You really think that they "tend to be rather ignorant" when it comes to taking care of the equipment that would save their life? That's a very short-sighted position to have.
    Wow you are a cop and an armorer at the same time!! Maybe you could team up with the guy that writes articles for the site that is simultaneously a colonel and a doctor. You could compare notes on how to achieve greatness.

    The most egregious case that I have seen regarding cops neglecting weapons occurred when I was in college years ago. We had a serial rapist on campus the the campus police went to red alert. All of the campus police were veterans of the local pd that wanted to get free tuition for their kids. As things escalated, the police chief realized there might be a problem and conducted an inspection and found out of about 30 officers, more than 10 had weapons that were either not in functioning condition or were unloaded.

    Like I said earlier, as a group LE is comprised of rough, ignorant people that are hard on equipment either thru abuse or neglect. Now why don't you show me some cases where a well maintained glock with proper ammunition had a catastrophic failure as you claim to have seen.

  4. #23
    ezkl2230 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich kid View Post
    Unfortunately, in my line of work I have to deal with the local police all the time. If I am pressed for number it is probably a couple of hundred over the years. I can't say that I "really know" any of them because in the course of having to deal with them in my line of work, not a single one of them ever impressed me as a man that I would want for a friend.
    And from what I and others here have seen to this point, I'm sure the feeling would have been mutual. Former federal officer, injured in the line of duty.

  5. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post

    This was one of the more asinine comments I have heard from you especially when you put in front of it "we all know that they...". No, WE all do NOT know that. Quit speaking from experience that you do not have. It's unbecoming and combined with your screen name and many other comments you have made, makes you sound like you are on your ivory tower looking down at all those that you think are beneath you.
    Well sweetheart I have plenty of experience. I am not new to this planet by any stretch of the imagination and just because I don't share your views doesn't mean I lack experience. When I say "we all know that..." We refers to those of us that are not part of the rough, ignorant contingent, so of course I didn't mean you when I said we.

    My first name is Richard and my middle name is kidwell. My grandmother has been calling me rich kid since I was 5 years old. I guess that she was just an arrogant condescending old b*tch. It seems you have some insecurities with your level of intelligence and education that seem to be worsened by my user name. Once again, that is your problem not mine.

    Now back to the issue, when have you seen catastrophic failures in glocks in normal usage???

  6. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by ezkl2230 View Post
    And from what I and others here have seen to this point, I'm sure the feeling would have been mutual. Former federal officer, injured in the line of duty.
    If you really want an answer to that I will give you one, just be sure you want it. Now are you girls ever going to show me an instance where a glock suffered a catastrophic failure in normal usage??

  7. Everything OFF TOPIC aside.
    I wonder why Springfield did not contact the owners that registered their weapons on the Springfield site directly? They have all of my information including the serial number. However, I only learned about the recall by being a member here.
    That would seem to be a serious miss on their part.

  8. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Western Wisconsin
    Posts
    353
    Quote Originally Posted by dakotaracing View Post
    Everything OFF TOPIC aside.
    I wonder why Springfield did not contact the owners that registered their weapons on the Springfield site directly? They have all of my information including the serial number. However, I only learned about the recall by being a member here.
    That would seem to be a serious miss on their part.
    Yes... let's please get this thread back on topic. I agree about this being a miss, but perhaps because it is a voluntary recall, rather than a mandated one. Dunno, but both of mine shipped out yesterday and I eagerly await their return.
    'I God, Woodrow, it's been quite a party, ain't it?

  9. #28

    Springfield XD-S Safety Recall

    Anybody heard how long the turnaround will be?

  10. #29
    ezkl2230 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TroutStalker View Post
    Anybody heard how long the turnaround will be?
    Nothing on the Springfield web site at this time about turn around times.

  11. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by ezkl2230 View Post
    Nothing on the Springfield web site at this time about turn around times.
    I'm going to wait for the confusion to abate before I send mine in.

    To rich kid: We are not your grandma - or your mama. They know your situation, so will cut you some (a LOT of) slack.
    Lewis - NRA Life - Oregon Firearms Federation - National Assoc. for Gun Rights

    Gun control is NOT about guns, it's about CONTROL.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast