Springfield XD-S Safety Recall - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Springfield XD-S Safety Recall

Quote Originally Posted by ezkl2230 View Post
    Nothing on the Springfield web site at this time about turn around times.
    Is this a no class operation or what?? They don't even have the courtesy to give the owners proper notice of the defect and recall. You guessed it--it's one more reason I am glad I bought a glock.

Quote Originally Posted by K7lvo View Post
    I'm going to wait for the confusion to abate before I send mine in.

To rich kid: We are not your grandma - or your mama. They know your situation, so will cut you some (a LOT of) slack.
    I will be forever grateful that you have cut me so much slack. It gives me that same warm fuzzy feeling I used to get when my granny baked chocolate chip cookies for me.

As my far as my "situation" is concerned, from my perspective it is simply this:

1. I own, shoot, and carry a glock 17.
    2. I like my glock and I am glad that I choose it over several other handguns.
    3. Inspite of my user name, I actually work for a living, unlike many of you that collect government checks.
    4. I feel free to speak my mind.

If you have insecurities regarding your level of intelligence, level of education, financial position, or anything else then that is strictly and solely your problem. Rather than cutting me some slack, perhaps what you need to do is a little self-improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich kid View Post
    Well sweetheart I have plenty of experience. I am not new to this planet by any stretch of the imagination and just because I don't share your views doesn't mean I lack experience. When I say "we all know that..." We refers to those of us that are not part of the rough, ignorant contingent, so of course I didn't mean you when I said we.

My first name is Richard and my middle name is kidwell. My grandmother has been calling me rich kid since I was 5 years old. I guess that she was just an arrogant condescending old b*tch. It seems you have some insecurities with your level of intelligence and education that seem to be worsened by my user name. Once again, that is your problem not mine.

Now back to the issue, when have you seen catastrophic failures in glocks in normal usage???
    Go back into your hole. You've asked me twice now when I have seen catastrophic failures. I'm not the one that mentioned I had seen catastrophic failures. I can see your labeling of those in an entire profession as being "rough and ignorant" is merely a reflection of yourself. Ignorance is lacking in knowledge as you are displaying quite well right now. If you'd just scroll up the thread I'm sure you can find the person that had mentioned experiencing catastrophic failures.

Wow you are a cop and an armorer at the same time!! Maybe you could team up with the guy that writes articles for the site that is simultaneously a colonel and a doctor. You could compare notes on how to achieve greatness.
    For the record, I volunteer with my county's Sheriff's reserve division, therefore I also volunteer as their armorer. I do this to give back to the public. My main profession is a teacher, which I also do because I feel it gives back to the public. My degree is in physics and this is what I teach. I have absolutely no insecurities about my intelligence or education as you have assumed (you do this often). If I was self-absorbed and cared more about myself than the community, I would say "screw it" to teaching and my volunteer duties with the Sheriff's reserve and work in industry making twice as much as I do as a teacher. This is not my style however. I do not call myself a cop since that is not my main profession. I have never assumed to have achieved greatness. I also don't believe anyone can actually achieve greatness; it is a standard by which we all should strive and this is something I try to pass on to my students. However, to not strive for any goals nor to try to better one's self is a sign of weakness, sort of like mocking entire groups of people based on their profession is a sign of weakness.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

ezkl2230 Guest
    Rick kid, I think you might be happier on glocktalk.com, where you will never have to worry about someone making any remark about glocks that will offend your bullheaded, unreasoning, fanatical beliefs about the perfection of the glock, and you won't have to deal with all of us knuckle dragging LEO's (both former and current). We all have our brand loyalties, and we aren't above ragging on each other, but none of us take it as far as you have. By the way, you're going to find that there is a pretty good bond between the LEO's and military vets in this forum. We don't always see eye to eye, but there is tremendous respect between the two groups. You've told everyone on this forum that you have no respect or real use for LEO's. Have fun getting anyone to take you seriously. You're off to a great start.

I will be forever grateful that you have cut me so much slack. It gives me that same warm fuzzy feeling I used to get when my granny baked chocolate chip cookies for me.

As my far as my "situation" is concerned, from my perspective it is simply this:

1. I own, shoot, and carry a glock 17.
    2. I like my glock and I am glad that I choose it over several other handguns.
    3. Inspite of my user name, I actually work for a living, unlike many of you that collect government checks.
    4. I feel free to speak my mind.

If you have insecurities regarding your level of intelligence, level of education, financial position, or anything else then that is strictly and solely your problem. Rather than cutting me some slack, perhaps what you need to do is a little self-improvement.
    Your ego is blocking your view again - and your reading comprehension is showing, too.
    Lewis - NRA Life - Oregon Firearms Federation - National Assoc. for Gun Rights

Gun control is NOT about guns, it's about CONTROL.

Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    Go back into your hole. You've asked me twice now when I have seen catastrophic failures. I'm not the one that mentioned I had seen catastrophic failures. I can see your labeling of those in an entire profession as being "rough and ignorant" is merely a reflection of yourself. Ignorance is lacking in knowledge as you are displaying quite well right now. If you'd just scroll up the thread I'm sure you can find the person that had mentioned experiencing catastrophic failures.
    Sorry if I get you girls confused. Which one of you is the blonde?? Rough and ignorant is not really my style. I am actually sensitive and artistic and am a patron of the performing arts. Maybe I can get in a quick plug for the greater watauga county dance troupe.

Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    For the record, I volunteer with my county's Sheriff's reserve division, therefore I also volunteer as their armorer. I do this to give back to the public. My main profession is a teacher, which I also do because I feel it gives back to the public. My degree is in physics and this is what I teach. I have absolutely no insecurities about my intelligence or education as you have assumed (you do this often). If I was self-absorbed and cared more about myself than the community, I would say "screw it" to teaching and my volunteer duties with the Sheriff's reserve and work in industry making twice as much as I do as a teacher. This is not my style however. I do not call myself a cop since that is not my main profession. I have never assumed to have achieved greatness. I also don't believe anyone can actually achieve greatness; it is a standard by which we all should strive and this is something I try to pass on to my students. However, to not strive for any goals nor to try to better one's self is a sign of weakness, sort of like mocking entire groups of people based on their profession is a sign of weakness.
    While I am awed by your noble spirit, I think you misunderstand the process. In order to give something back to the community, you first need to get something. If you worked in industry you might find working 12 months a year to be a little too taxing for you. Not to mention all the other things that go with having a real job may make your life a little too difficult. Better to sit home and proclaim your nobility as you do just enough to slide by.

Quote Originally Posted by ezkl2230 View Post
    Rick kid, I think you might be happier on glocktalk.com, where you will never have to worry about someone making any remark about glocks that will offend your bullheaded, unreasoning, fanatical beliefs about the perfection of the glock, and you won't have to deal with all of us knuckle dragging LEO's (both former and current). We all have our brand loyalties, and we aren't above ragging on each other, but none of us take it as far as you have. By the way, you're going to find that there is a pretty good bond between the LEO's and military vets in this forum. We don't always see eye to eye, but there is tremendous respect between the two groups. You've told everyone on this forum that you have no respect or real use for LEO's. Have fun getting anyone to take you seriously. You're off to a great start.
    Well the truth of the matter is that I don't plan on going anywhere. Wolfie already tried dismissing me from class with no success. It's nice that the LEO's and the vets are bonding together but I have no idea what purpose that serves. If that is some kind of veiled threat, you are going to have to spell that out.

I will gladly give the LEO's all the respect they can earn and I will throw in a 10% bonus. Given my day to day dealings with them, I am not really expecting any changes on that front. I am in favor of changing the motto of most police departments from "to protect and serve " to "there is nothing we can do" which is the response that I get any time I try to get them to actually do their job.

I am not concerned about being taken seriously on this site. My grandmother used to tell me don't jump into a three ring circus and start reciting Shakespeare. The audience will just think you are another clown act.

Quote Originally Posted by K7lvo View Post
    Your ego is blocking your view again - and your reading comprehension is showing, too.
    Blocking my view of what? Not that I need any help whatsoever but it is surprising that no one commented that they too believed the glock is a better weapon.

My reading skills may not be up to par but you must remember that I went to public schools and had teachers like Wolfie.

ezkl2230 Guest
    While I am awed by your noble spirit, I think you misunderstand the process. In order to give something back to the community, you first need to get something. If you worked in industry you might find working 12 months a year to be a little too taxing for you. Not to mention all the other things that go with having a real job may make your life a little too difficult. Better to sit home and proclaim your nobility as you do just enough to slide by.
    You know, I visited your profile and read your previous postings. Your very first posting expresses the desire to learn from those who have more experience carrying, yet the first time someone says something with which you disagree you launch into the kind of petty attack I would expect from a high schooler, and your continued insistence that we have never - and are incapable of - making an "honest" living is just icing on your cake. As I said before, have fun getting anyone on this forum to take you seriously. As for me, my time is too important to continue wasting on you. I hope you can get your act together and begin to understand the fights we have fought that have given you the right to make such assinine statements.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast