Springfield XD-S Safety Recall - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Springfield XD-S Safety Recall

Springfield XD-S Safety Recall

Ezkl2230: since you couldn't make me run and hide, I think it's best you stop wasting your time with me. I am just happy that you stopped short of praying for me to find the errors of my way. Now, if you can keep your word and stay out of my little corner of the cyber world, life will be good.

“Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Quote Originally Posted by ezkl2230 View Post
    You know, I visited your profile and read your previous postings. Your very first posting expresses the desire to learn from those who have more experience carrying, yet the first time someone says something with which you disagree you launch into the kind of petty attack I would expect from a high schooler, and your continued insistence that we have never - and are incapable of - making an "honest" living is just icing on your cake. As I said before, have fun getting anyone on this forum to take you seriously. As for me, my time is too important to continue wasting on you. I hope you can get your act together and begin to understand the fights we have fought that have given you the right to make such assinine statements.
    I have been on these forums since Feb 2012. I have gotten along with just about everyone on here. Have I had disagreements; yes, this is part of the point of forums, to express different ideas and thoughts. Has it ever turned into personal and vengeful attacks; on my part, no. I also have never felt the need to ever ignore someone on these forums. At this point Rich Kid has shown his true colors. I therefore am ignoring him from now on. I would suggest, many others do the same.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    I have been on these forums since Feb 2012. I have gotten along with just about everyone on here. Have I had disagreements; yes, this is part of the point of forums, to express different ideas and thoughts. Has it ever turned into personal and vengeful attacks; on my part, no. I also have never felt the need to ever ignore someone on these forums. At this point Rich Kid has shown his true colors. I therefore am ignoring him from now on. I would suggest, many others do the same.
    As I said previously, I just hope you and ezkl2230 can keep your word. All this acrimony started because some over-zealous soul took it upon himself to make a public service announcement regarding springfield's recall. You couldn't make me run and hide, you couldn't dismiss me from class, you couldn't intimidate me, so now you will ignore me. All I can say is good riddance.

This thread started out as information about an important issue. You guys chose to start a P*****G match about what you think everyone should own. Whether or not you like SA, M&P, or whatever, making that statement in a thread that has nothing to do with your oppinion is un-called for.
    You're personal attach on exkl2230 for stepping up with the info, shows your true character.

Quote Originally Posted by missoak View Post
    This thread started out as information about an important issue. You guys chose to start a P*****G match about what you think everyone should own. Whether or not you like SA, M&P, or whatever, making that statement in a thread that has nothing to do with your oppinion is un-called for.
    You're personal attach on exkl2230 for stepping up with the info, shows your true character.
    To the best of my knowledge ezkl2230 is not on the Springfield payroll and has no business making public service announcements on their behalf. All I ever said is that the Springfield recall is one more reason that I am glad i bought a glock. My true character is that I am not going to run and hide from any of these people.

If you have a problem with the exercise of my first amendment rights I think the best way for you handle the situation is to return your military retirement checks to the government and tell them you don't support the constitution and can't take their money any more.

I have no problems with the !st A. But what you did when you hi-jacked this thread was inappropriate.
    Nothing wrong with you being loyal to Glocks. That is your right too.
    You assuming that I am on the government dole, is another example of your arrogance. You impress me as a guy that thinks,
    " I'm right. You're wrong, end of story."
    These forums should be about gaining advice & info. Not to further one's own agenda.
    I suggest you take your 28 posts & go to A GLOCK forum where others there will appreciate your oppinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich kid View Post

1. I own, shoot, and carry a glock 17.
    2. I like my glock and I am glad that I choose it over several other handguns.
    3. Inspite of my user name, I actually work for a living, unlike many of you that collect government checks.

So what Gen is your 17. Gen 1, got recalled for firing pin, firing pin safety, the extractor, the spring loaded bearing and the trigger bar replacement. Late 2001 early 2002 Glocks had a recall for rail failures, that was Gen 3. Gen 4 has the spring group recall. If I dug a little further, I bet I could find a Gen 2 recall too. Perfection, not even close.

As for collecting a government check, yep, I do. One from the State where I worked for 26.3 years. One from the Feds because of the damage done to my body while working for the State and Feds. Many of us who get government checks suffer every day from what our jobs did to our bodies. It isn't like we are freeloaders.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

ezkl2230 Guest
    Interesting. Missoak, correct me if I'm wrong (and it IS possible that I have misunderstood something since I have only been a member of this forum since 2011), but one of the points of this forum is to make others aware of problems that exist with firearms, but since I am not on the payroll of any firearms manufacturer I am apparently not entitled to pass that info on - although there are at least 3 other threads and dozens of other public firearm forums addressing this same issue, and I bet none of those people are on the payroll of Springfield, either. But I do sell firearms for a private sector [translation: NO GOVERNMENT CHECKS HERE, as if that means actually means something] Springfield vendor (who shall remain unnamed, and who also sells S&W, hence my post a week or so ago about the S&W M&P Shield safety alert), part of my job is to pass along information pertinent to the safe ownership and use of firearms, and I'm not the first unpaid member of this forum to post such alerts and recalls.

Folks, a few others have already said it - ignore him. He has made his reasons for being here clear. I, like the rest of you, am going to continue saying what I feel I need to say. Some of it you agree with. The rest? Oh, well, that's just the way it goes. A perusal of the 1,000+ posts I have on this forum will show that I have tried to be constructive. I have not resorted to character assassination or juvenile attacks, even against a couple of members with whom I have had some strong disagreement. Most of us here are serious about firearms ownership and the issues that accompany it, we are serious about effective firearms advocacy, we are serious about protecting our Constitutional rights (especially our Second Amendment rights), and we want to learn from each other. I stand on my record. I'm also moving on.

You got my support. Only one problem with all of this. Should have heard it from SA. But you did the right thing.
    I thank you Sir !

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast