Springfield XD-S Safety Recall - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Springfield XD-S Safety Recall

ezkl2230 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by missoak View Post
    You got my support. Only one problem with all of this. Should have heard it from SA. But you did the right thing.
    I thank you Sir !
    In the recall notice they were asking anyone who had sold their XD-S for the addresses of the new owners so that they could contact them. It sounds like they are going to contact owners, the public notice was the quickest way to reach people initially. This is from the recall notice:

"If you no longer own the 3.3 XD-S™ 9mm or .45ACP pistol, please advise Springfield of the current owner."

You got my support. Only one problem with all of this. Should have heard it from SA. But you did the right thing.
    I thank you Sir !
    Why, I've heard on recalls on vehicles I owned on the news prior to receiving official notification from the manufacturer.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

4. Regarding achieving greatness, I heard a saying years (50 or so) ago that says so much about it, in so few words, I'd like to cite it here:

"Money is not a measure of greatness of a man, but a means to measure just how small he is". The mayor of NYC (Michael Bloomberg) fits this profile. There are countless other men who fit the profile as well.

I'm sending-off my XD-S tomorrow. My BIL loaned me his Springfield Champion to carry until I get mine back; this is a measure of greatness, no matter how small the deed.

The measure of greatness is to give more than you receive. There is something satisfying about it that touches your soul; it makes you feel worthy of helping humanity, making a mark, no matter how small the contribution, whether in tender, or time for noble causes.

I'm not naming anyone, but a healthy dose of respect and maturity would go a long way to achieve what I briefly touched-on above. Advice is free. Take it. Leave it. Matters not.

What matters is this is a thread about a Springfield XD-S recall that should not be convoluted by small, fragile egos or ridicule. Safety is the hallmark of this thread, and I think the OP made a great gesture starting it.
    I'm a firm believer in two term limits for all politicians; one in office, the other in prison.

I have no problems with the !st A. But what you did when you hi-jacked this thread was inappropriate.
    Nothing wrong with you being loyal to Glocks. That is your right too.
    You assuming that I am on the government dole, is another example of your arrogance. You impress me as a guy that thinks,
    " I'm right. You're wrong, end of story."
    These forums should be about gaining advice & info. Not to further one's own agenda.
    I suggest you take your 28 posts & go to A GLOCK forum where others there will appreciate your oppinions.
    You will have to forgive me if I decline another invitation to leave the site. Perhaps you should advise people in the future this is actually a Springfield site.

Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    So what Gen is your 17. Gen 1, got recalled for firing pin, firing pin safety, the extractor, the spring loaded bearing and the trigger bar replacement. Late 2001 early 2002 Glocks had a recall for rail failures, that was Gen 3. Gen 4 has the spring group recall. If I dug a little further, I bet I could find a Gen 2 recall too. Perfection, not even close.

As for collecting a government check, yep, I do. One from the State where I worked for 26.3 years. One from the Feds because of the damage done to my body while working for the State and Feds. Many of us who get government checks suffer every day from what our jobs did to our bodies. It isn't like we are freeloaders.
    If you get a monthly check for damage to your health that occurred on the job you should consider yourself lucky. There are lots of people that destroyed their health trying to earn a living that don't get a check.

Quote Originally Posted by ezkl2230 View Post
    Interesting. Missoak, correct me if I'm wrong (and it IS possible that I have misunderstood something since I have only been a member of this forum since 2011), but one of the points of this forum is to make others aware of problems that exist with firearms, but since I am not on the payroll of any firearms manufacturer I am apparently not entitled to pass that info on - although there are at least 3 other threads and dozens of other public firearm forums addressing this same issue, and I bet none of those people are on the payroll of Springfield, either. But I do sell firearms for a private sector [translation: NO GOVERNMENT CHECKS HERE, as if that means actually means something] Springfield vendor (who shall remain unnamed, and who also sells S&W, hence my post a week or so ago about the S&W M&P Shield safety alert), part of my job is to pass along information pertinent to the safe ownership and use of firearms, and I'm not the first unpaid member of this forum to post such alerts and recalls.

Folks, a few others have already said it - ignore him. He has made his reasons for being here clear. I, like the rest of you, am going to continue saying what I feel I need to say. Some of it you agree with. The rest? Oh, well, that's just the way it goes. A perusal of the 1,000+ posts I have on this forum will show that I have tried to be constructive. I have not resorted to character assassination or juvenile attacks, even against a couple of members with whom I have had some strong disagreement. Most of us here are serious about firearms ownership and the issues that accompany it, we are serious about effective firearms advocacy, we are serious about protecting our Constitutional rights (especially our Second Amendment rights), and we want to learn from each other. I stand on my record. I'm also moving on.
    My mistake, you are on the Springfield payroll albeit indirectly. No wonder it never crossed your mind to express your disappointment with both the product sold by Springfield and the handling of the notice of that defect. You went a step further and claimed that you have seen glocks fail catastrophically in normal usage. I guess that since you are now officially ignoring the rich kid you won't be furnishing any proof of these bogus claims.

Quote Originally Posted by r1derbike View Post
    Regarding achieving greatness, I heard a saying years (50 or so) ago that says so much about it, in so few words, I'd like to cite it here:

"Money is not a measure of greatness of a man, but a means to measure just how small he is". The mayor of NYC (Michael Bloomberg) fits this profile. There are countless other men who fit the profile as well.

I'm sending-off my XD-S tomorrow. My BIL loaned me his Springfield Champion to carry until I get mine back; this is a measure of greatness, no matter how small the deed.

The measure of greatness is to give more than you receive. There is something satisfying about it that touches your soul; it makes you feel worthy of helping humanity, making a mark, no matter how small the contribution, whether in tender, or time for noble causes.

I'm not naming anyone, but a healthy dose of respect and maturity would go a long way to achieve what I briefly touched-on above. Advice is free. Take it. Leave it. Matters not.

What matters is this is a thread about a Springfield XD-S recall that should not be convoluted by small, fragile egos or ridicule. Safety is the hallmark of this thread, and I think the OP made a great gesture starting it.
    I will have to pass this wisdom along to big mike the next time we get together for cigars and brandy. In the meantime you will need to realize that I am not impressed with the false sense of nobility that seems to be prevalent here. I guess that since I am being ignored, you will only address me indirectly. Unfortunately, I will still address you directly and the odds are good that you won't like my opinion of your opinion.

All I ever said is that I like my glock and it is my choice of a carry gun. I have gotten quite a few responses but none of those responses has been much more than an assertion of meager credentials to bolster their opinion or a out and out bogus claim by ezkl2230 that he has seen catastrophic failures in glocks during normal use.

As ghandi said, "first they laugh at you, then they ignore you, then they fight you." Looks like I am at stage two.

ezkl2230 Guest
    Ok. To save the rest of you who already know and accept the reality that ANY firearm, even one that has been meticulously maintained, carries with it the possibility of catastrophic failure under the right conditions from the incessant demand for proof of glock's vunerability: HP White labs, one of the nation's best, has investigated several such glock failures. Result? Catastrophic failures caused by out of spec ammo. No amount of maintenance can protect you from this, and a well maintained glock is just as susceptible to this as any other polymer framed pistol. All it takes is a minor failure at the ammo factory and all of your maintenance goes out the window.

Transmission ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich kid View Post
    You will have to forgive me if I decline another invitation to leave the site. Perhaps you should advise people in the future this is actually a Springfield site.
    Dude, give it up ! You're welcome to stay here, just don't get excited when you make a statement that most don't agree with. This forum does not align itself with any particular gun maker.
    Like I said before, your loyalty to Glocks is admirable. But don't expect all of us to go out & sell everything we own & buy Glocks. I don't own one, have never even shot one, so I have no right to bad mouth Glocks. But I do have a right to get upset when YOU imply I should have bought a Glock. It's as though you're saying everything else is inferior to a Glock. That tends to upset people.

Any how. To re-claim this thread.....mine was received at S.A. on 9/3. Anxious to see how
    long before someone gets theirs back.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast