Springfield XD-S Safety Recall - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Springfield XD-S Safety Recall

ezkl2230 Guest

Update....

I just received this from Springfield:

The XD-S upgrade process is scheduled to start in the middle of September. Although we are unable to quote an exact time frame in which your pistol will be returned to you, please know that it is Springfield Armory’s highest priority to complete this process as quickly as possible. We appreciate your patience and support!

They will probably wait until they have a sufficient amount returned. They will set up an assembly
    process at that time. There are thousands of them. Won't be repaired on an individual basis,
    I'm sure.

4. I'm lucky I've got a backup carry gun from my BIL. I limited my powder-burner purchases to 1 long gun and 1 sidearm (excluding the wife's .38 special).

Have been carrying my wife's .38 for a bit in an IWB Galco, and it's not for me. The sidearm or the holster. I'll take the XD-S...when it gets here.

I don't know if Springfield will upgrade their sidearms in the order they were received, but they should.

Picked-up 4 boxes of WWB .45acp at wally world last few days for 38 bucks and change each. Not quite as low as they were, but that is more like it, and they had most ammo holes filled. Glad to finally see that! Picked-up some UMC and Remington last few weeks at similar prices there as well.

Wife's got a good supply of target and carry ammo, so we're set for some fun in the sun!
    I'm a firm believer in two term limits for all politicians; one in office, the other in prison.

5. Quote Originally Posted by ezkl2230 View Post
    Ok. To save the rest of you who already know and accept the reality that ANY firearm, even one that has been meticulously maintained, carries with it the possibility of catastrophic failure under the right conditions from the incessant demand for proof of glock's vunerability: HP White labs, one of the nation's best, has investigated several such glock failures. Result? Catastrophic failures caused by out of spec ammo. No amount of maintenance can protect you from this, and a well maintained glock is just as susceptible to this as any other polymer framed pistol. All it takes is a minor failure at the ammo factory and all of your maintenance goes out the window.

Transmission ends.
    Winchester recently had a spate of bad product involving bullet setback when they setup shop somewhere. The guy had pictures of the .45acp ammo, and it looked scary, from setback to crimp issues. Wish I could remember if it was here or another forum, but I'm inspecting all my WWB ammo, and it looks like they got the problems ironed-out.

I didn't hear of any failures, so maybe the warnings saved a few sidearms and lives.
    I'm a firm believer in two term limits for all politicians; one in office, the other in prison.

Quote Originally Posted by ezkl2230 View Post
    (null)
    Just spoke with a rep about mine. No ECDs. They are receiving thousands every day. The rep gave me the perception that they weren't prepared or had an organized approach to handle it. They got mine today. Did confirm that. She said to call back in two weeks. This could be a 1 month+ turnaround ladies and gentlemen...

7. Mine got there this AM. I may just see the employees with their palms on cheeks saying, "oh dear, oh dear".

Quote Originally Posted by ezkl2230 View Post
    Ok. To save the rest of you who already know and accept the reality that ANY firearm, even one that has been meticulously maintained, carries with it the possibility of catastrophic failure under the right conditions from the incessant demand for proof of glock's vunerability: HP White labs, one of the nation's best, has investigated several such glock failures. Result? Catastrophic failures caused by out of spec ammo. No amount of maintenance can protect you from this, and a well maintained glock is just as susceptible to this as any other polymer framed pistol. All it takes is a minor failure at the ammo factory and all of your maintenance goes out the window.

Transmission ends.
    Shooting out of spec ammunition is hardly normal usage. Out of spec ammunition will take apart any gun, regardless of whether its frame is polymer or steel, if its sufficiently out of spec. This is a level of stupidity that few men can aspire to. Maybe if you had some clue, you would not have gotten second place in your last gunfight.

Springfield XD-S Safety Recall

Expected turnaround is 30 days from the time they receive your pistol. They got mine on the 5th. We'll see if I get it back before Oct 4th. Sooner the better. Miss it already.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567