Springfield XD-S Safety Recall
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Springfield XD-S Safety Recall

ezkl2230 Guest

Exclamation Springfield XD-S Safety Recall

Just announced, a safety recall on Springfield XD-S's with the following serial numbers:

Springfield 3.3 XD-S 9mm pistols – serial numbers between XS900000 and XS938700
    Springfield 3.3 XD-S .45ACP pistols – serial numbers between XS500000 and XS686300

According to Guns.com:

This is a voluntary safety recall for a very rare problem that causes the gun to fire when chambering a round and may also cause pistols to double-fire. This is only for the new single-stack XD-S pistols, not the subcompact, compact, full-size or competition XD-M pistols...

If you cannot get access to Springfield’s recall website, call them at 800-680-6866 to arrange your safety upgrade.
    This link will take you there:

Springfield Armory ReCall Registration

I will try to post more up to date information when the recall page is back up again.

3. Quote Originally Posted by ezkl2230 View Post
    Just announced, a safety recall on Springfield XD-S's with the following serial numbers:

Springfield 3.3 XD-S .45ACP pistols – serial numbers between XS500000 and XS686300

According to Guns.com:

I will try to post more up to date information when the recall page is back up again.
    Thanks for the registration link! Done!

Just one more reason that I am glad I bought a glock.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich kid View Post
    Pretty petty comment, Glocks have had recalls also.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

There is no "perfect" gun, even though Glock puts the word "perfection" in their advertising.

Before you think I'm a Glock hater, I own two Glocks and am a LE Glock Armorer. Why are there Glock Armorers? Because as with any tool, they break down. We fix em.

The XD is a fine weapon and a recall is the company's way of saying they want to keep that reputation by fixing it now rather than having a lawsuit later.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

ezkl2230 Guest
    So explain the faulty striker assemblies (with the MIM firing pins) that have been experienced by several police departments, causing them to take their new Gen 4 model 19s out of service and go back to the older glocks until the problem can be fixed. And what about the recalls on the model 19 and model 36 a few years back.

Get off your high horse.

And BTW, I have seen SEVERAL glocks that, despite their rigorous QC, have failed catastrophically. It wasn't pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by ezkl2230 View Post

According to Guns.com:

Dam, thanks for the info. Mine is on the way.

I love my glock so much that I just can't help myself sometimes.

Thanks for the helpful information. (Not that it makes me happy to be without my common carry gun). :-)

Quote Originally Posted by ezkl2230 View Post
    So explain the faulty striker assemblies (with the MIM firing pins) that have been experienced by several police departments, causing them to take their new Gen 4 model 19s out of service and go back to the older glocks until the problem can be fixed. And what about the recalls on the model 19 and model 36 a few years back.

Get off your high horse.

And BTW, I have seen SEVERAL glocks that, despite their rigorous QC, have failed catastrophically. It wasn't pretty.
    I make no claims of being an engineer or metallurgist. As far as your claims of mechanical failure among police and LE, we all know that they tend to be rather ignorant, rough people that are hard on all their equipment from flashlights to squad cars. Failures from abuse are quite a different story than failures that occur during normal usage.

If you are telling me that you have seen glocks that have been blown up (thats my term for catastrophic failure) during normal use, with proper ammunition and maintenance then I will need proof before I give that any credibility.

As far as being on a high horse, I am just glad that I bought a glock. If you have a problem with that then I think it's strictly your problem.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast