Top Ten Failures of the Concealed Carry Crowd - Page 3
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Top Ten Failures of the Concealed Carry Crowd

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    Struck a nerve did I ?
    Wasn't that your intent?
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Struck a nerve did I ?
    No, just an unusually funny observation...wouldn't expect anything less though...irony does get me everytime :-)

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Outlaw View Post
    Heck...I have even heard of people being stopped (killed) with just '1' round of 22lr into the chest.
    Bullet placement is a lot like real estate: location, location, location.
    "It is not malicious acts that will do us in but the appalling silence and indifference of good people. All that is needed for evil to run rampant is for good women and men to do nothing." -MLK Jr Current Carry: Ruger SR40c

I agree with some things such as not enough shooting practice, not being acquainted with good defense tactics, and not being aware of your surroundings. However, I feel the majority of CCW people do shoot at the range, some more than others. I believe most CCW people clean and lube their guns. I believe they look at videos about handling and shooting guns online. I believe the majority learn to realize how important a good holster and gun belt are.

I doubt there is any other country that has people carrying guns which are better informed than CCW people in the U.S.

Plus we have the best selection of firearms available.

I would have to question the 'substantial caliber' part of this post.

Smaller, lighter (less bulkier) caliber's like the 22lr, 22wmrf & 380 auto are 'very capable' sidearm's in the right hand's. A smaller caliber firearm 'on your person' is much better than a larger caliber (bulkier/heavier) sidearm left at home or inside of your vehicle imvho.
    Yeah, BUT if you've got some guy hyped up on PCP coming at you, you'll need to be REALLY accurate with a 22lr, or just fairly accurate with something having a bit more stopping power.

I'm not saying you need to carry a .45 with 15 rounds, but maybe a happy medium.
    Every time you call Tech Support, a kitten dies...

"Yawn"
    Tolerance of the intolerant leads to the destruction of tolerance. “You are also reminded that any inappropriate remarks or jokes concerning security may result in your arrest,” in the land of the free.

Quote Originally Posted by no2gates View Post
    Yeah, BUT if you've got some guy hyped up on PCP coming at you, you'll need to be REALLY accurate with a 22lr, or just fairly accurate with something having a bit more stopping power.

I'm not saying you need to carry a .45 with 15 rounds, but maybe a happy medium.
    If they are on a drug that allows them to push through pain compliance, the only way to stop them is blood loss (which a bigger hole is better) and cns shots (which placement is key, no matter the caliber)

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Blog Entries
    Heck...I have even heard of people being stopped (killed) with just '1' round of 22lr into the chest.
    Theres a cops episode where a wannabe thug gets one .22 slug to the chest and drops dead on the spot. They show the cop giving CPR to a guy with a shredded heart outside a Walgreens.

That’s how I read it as well. There’s no attempt at opening a dialogue just the OP making his pronouncement from Olympus and expecting those of us mere mortals to be in awe of his wisdom
    As an instructor I agree with the OP. I've seen too many morons who believe they know it all. Then they come to class and find they don't know jack.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by jfisch View Post
    I agree, 10 rounds of 22lr in your chest cavity is probably just as efficient as 2 - 3 9mm or .40SW. The nice thing about a smaller caliber (besides concealability if that's an issue) is the fact that with a smaller amount of kick it's easier for some to control and keep their shots on target instead of trying to manage recoil.
    10 rounds of .22 cal in someone's chest and you have a problem. You're probably getting arrested. I'd prefer one or two from a .40. Easier to explain.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast