Top Ten Failures of the Concealed Carry Crowd - Page 7
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Top Ten Failures of the Concealed Carry Crowd

Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    this is another extremely foolish observation.
    in an SD situation I have been instructed to shoot until the threat is stopped.
    if someone chooses to carry a .22 and it takes 10 rounds to stop an attacker why would that be any different from putting less rounds from a larger caliber weapon into an attacker?
    and could you please explain to me why would firing the rounds needed to end a threat be grounds for an arrest?
    Sure. It's not a foolish observation. There is a trend in this country to prosecute innocent people to the fullest extent of the law. If he's black you're getting accused of a racist murder. If he's white you're getting accused of overkill. You're getting second-guessed either way. They weren't there. They won't feel what you felt or see the incident through your eyes.
    I teach those classes and agree one shoots until the threat is stopped. I also advise students that a .22 is a bad choice for PD as it lacks stopping power (OSSI is roughly 38%). I follow what I was taught by Mas Ayoob at LFI some years ago.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    10 rounds of .22 cal in someone's chest and you have a problem. You're probably getting arrested. I'd prefer one or two from a .40. Easier to explain.
    Here in Texas, you can't qualify for CHL with .22, has to be a minimum of .32
    Every time you call Tech Support, a kitten dies...

Quote Originally Posted by Bttbbob View Post
    3gunshooter, you are probably right about the 5%. We run about 7% return clients from our mandatory state safety course, returning to us for advanced classes. That's only 7 out of 100 that care enough to take a fundamentals class or advanced defensive shooting classes. Now out of the 7% that come to advanced classes, we get an astounding return rate of 87% taking additional advanced classes. What that tells me, is there are a limited amount of people that take training seriously.
    I learned the Firearms Instructor trade as a PMI in the Marine Corps. I was the Chief PMI and Line NCO at the premier gun range in the world, Quantico, VA. The government spent a lot of money to train me to teach student shooters and student instructors. Once I got out of the service I spent a lot of money training with some well know instructors to stay current. We see the same thing in percentages with military and LEO in our school also. They only want to shoot for qualification but not a steady or continual practice of the training they have received. Fundamentals of shooting and fundamentals of self-defense are deteriorating skills when not practiced.
    I really don.t know if it is they don't. care. I know money is one thing. Most men don't think they need it. (ego) I found that women are more eager to come back for more once you get them squared away with the right firearm. Last year when I lived in Indiana I had taught over 400 people and most women and most of them came back. Indiana has no requirement for training. I could go on for hours about this.
    Certified NRA Firearms Instructor
    Oklahoma SDA Instructor
    Utah CCW Instructor

It's always good to remember the rules on opinions. Probably many different and conflicting lists like this one out there.
    Si vis pacem para bellum

It amazes me that this thread could have caused all the butthurt. Nowhere did I address this to any one in particular. It is nothing more than an observation of what I have seen in over three decades of teaching. At no point did I name anyone or say this is what you need to do..........The best thing about the internet, you can ignore what you find offensive.
    BTTBBOB
    President & Chief Instructor
    www.sflagunschool.com

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    Does every thread on this forum turn into a pissing contest?
    Only when self proclaimed children of the night come out of the shadows to take offense to everything anyone says.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Bttbbob View Post
    3-Failure to properly equip oneself. (Belt, holster, reloads,illumination and nonlethal weapons)
    Wow.... do you issue duty belts at the end of training to carry all that?
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Wow.... do you issue duty belts at the end of training to carry all that?
    Hahaha made me laugh

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bttbbob View Post
    It amazes me that this thread could have caused all the butthurt. Nowhere did I address this to any one in particular. It is nothing more than an observation of what I have seen in over three decades of teaching. At no point did I name anyone or say this is what you need to do..........The best thing about the internet, you can ignore what you find offensive.
    Haha yeah, I ignored numbers 2, 3 and 10. Works just fine for me. :-)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 3gunshooter View Post
    I really don.t know if it is they don't. care. I know money is one thing. Most men don't think they need it. (ego) I found that women are more eager to come back for more once you get them squared away with the right firearm. Last year when I lived in Indiana I had taught over 400 people and most women and most of them came back. Indiana has no requirement for training. I could go on for hours about this.
    Start a thread! I like hearing about people having that epiphany and simultaneously diving into a favorite hobby of mine. Others here probably will too.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast