Top Ten Failures of the Concealed Carry Crowd - Page 8
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Top Ten Failures of the Concealed Carry Crowd

1. Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    Pretty much. The young ones piss for distance, the older guys piss for accuracy.
    I thought the older guys were just happy to piss at all....
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

3. To me carrying a non-lethal weapon in addition to the gun is going to cause all kinds legal questions should I have to use my gun for self defense. Should I have used the tazer/pepper spray first if I didn't? If I did use the tazer/pepper spray first, did I escalate the situation to the point of a gun being required? I'll stick with the gun by itself. I see no need for a tazer/pepper spray first or as an alternative.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    To me carrying a non-lethal weapon in addition to the gun is going to cause all kinds legal questions should I have to use my gun for self defense. Should I have used the tazer/pepper spray first if I didn't? If I did use the tazer/pepper spray first, did I escalate the situation to the point of a gun being required? I'll stick with the gun by itself. I see no need for a tazer/pepper spray first or as an alternative.
    How do you feel about rape whistles?

5. Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    How do you feel about rape whistles?
    That they are a means of summoning help, like a cell phone, but less complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    That they are a means of summoning help, like a cell phone, but less complicated.
    or you could just urinate on yourself to be less attractive to an attacker

Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    I normally just shoot a double barrel shotgun into the air

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

8. Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    There is a group of people out there that would get turned on by that....

9. I've been through the last big earthquake in california and three huricaines in Texas. The last two huricaines taught a valuable lesson to me and the wife....you are on your own. You will have desperate people that on any given day might be the nicest people but when they have no supplies for themselves or family they will steal rob or kill to get you supplies. I say you need a weapon that intimidates and can deliver. There is something about a properly placed lazer sight that will just tell someone that you are not going to miss. But some of the folks comments are right on the mark. You have to know when to evade and not to confront. If your out hunting with a weapon that gives away your location you just might be the next target if you draw attention to yourself. A suppressor in good in this situation. I will also share a thought a buddy said when we discussed such a situation...you can have all the fancy weapons in the world but a accurate shooter in the wood line can take you out with a 22 ball to the head and take all your fancy stuff. The main thing is having a plan in place and practice. A ar15 is a great start but a class I attended once said nothing beats a pump shot gun

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I577 using USA Carry mobile app

10. I don't see Mr. Harvey's comments to be pompous or offensive, at all. Seems to me to just be brief and clearly written.

11. I will take any advice anyone gives me. I will use the good advice and forget the bad advice.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast