Top Ten Failures of the Concealed Carry Crowd
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Top Ten Failures of the Concealed Carry Crowd

Top Ten Failures of the Concealed Carry Crowd

TOP 10 Failures of Concealed Carry Crowd
    1-Failure to realize just because you have a gun, you are prepared to apply it in a practical application.
    2-Failure to carry a gun of substantial caliber.
    3-Failure to properly equip oneself. (Belt, holster, reloads,illumination and nonlethal weapons)
    4-Failure to understand situational awareness and its use.
    5-Failure to understand the fundamentals of marksmanship and firearms safety.
    6-Failure to understand Avoid, Evade and Escape Drills.
    7-Failure to Train.
    8-Failure to Practice.
    9-Failure to maintain and care for Firearms and equipment.
    10-Failure to carry at all times where legal.

Brought to you by Bob Harvey.......Chief Instructor at South Florida Gun School
    BTTBBOB
    President & Chief Instructor
    www.sflagunschool.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bttbbob View Post
    1-Failure to realize just because you have a gun, you are prepared to apply it in a practical application.
    3-Failure to properly equip oneself. (Belt, holster, reloads,illumination and nonlethal weapons)
    7-Failure to Train.
    8-Failure to Practice.

No doubt all this is true. What can be done to solve this issue though? I suspect this exists for many reasons such as, not being mandatory before applying for a CCWP, not having the spare cash to take all these courses, not being close enough to where courses are given, not thinking the courses are important, so on and so forth.... a litany of reasons who some would say are just excuses. plenty of reasons no doubt of that.

Education and training are indeed important, but I still wouldn't want to make it mandatory in order to "qualify" to apply for a permit to carry. It would drastically reduce the number of CCWP being issued and I don't feel that is a good thing, since I'm one who feels just the fact that our government requires this "permit" to be able to have at least a chance to defend ourselves is anti 2nd amendment in and of itself. Why do we need a special permit to have a chance at defending ourselves when we already have a 2nd amendment which says "shall not be infringed". Yes, there are going to be people who aren't good aims. Yes there will be people who aren't very safety conscious. Yes to all those things and more. I always advocate people to be better educated, train more, practice more, but to make it mandatory (I know you didn't say that), is the only way to get that done and I don't think it's promoting the 2nd amendment rights if we go that route. Just my opinion.
    "Be vewy vewy quiet, I'm hunting wabbits" - Elmer Fudd
    NRA Life member
    GOA Life Member

7-Failure to Train.
    8-Failure to Practice.

nothing like being overbearing and presumptuous

Living rent free in Bluesstringer's head apparently
    Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    nothing like being overbearing and presumptuous
    That’s how I read it as well. There’s no attempt at opening a dialogue just the OP making his pronouncement from Olympus and expecting those of us mere mortals to be in awe of his wisdom
    The finest Vodka is a razor Matthew, it leaves no ragged edges.

The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"

Lightbulb

I would have to question the 'substantial caliber' part of this post.

Smaller, lighter (less bulkier) caliber's like the 22lr, 22wmrf & 380 auto are 'very capable' sidearm's in the right hand's. A smaller caliber firearm 'on your person' is much better than a larger caliber (bulkier/heavier) sidearm left at home or inside of your vehicle imvho.
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

I have to agree with Bob. Way too many people that carry are grossly under equipped, under trained, and have no earthly idea how to fight with a handgun. Very few take the responsibility of carrying a firearm seriously. As colonel cooper said years ago, buying a handgun doesn't make you a shooter any more than buying a guitar makes you a musician.

Sorry if you are offended...Just my observation as a firearms instructor for over 37 yrs and 30+ thousand students.......Don't like the observation? Don't use it to help your friends, family or yourself. I don't expect anyone to be in awe of anything. Especially not free advice.
    BTTBBOB
    www.sflagunschool.com

Sorry if you are offended...Just my observation as a firearms instructor for over 37 yrs and 30+ thousand students.......Don't like the observation? Don't use it to help your friends, family or yourself. I don't expect anyone to be in awe of anything. Especially not free advice.
    one thing that you can be sure of is that a post like yours does little to encourage people to hire you as a trainer. a good trainer takes what skills and tools the student has and works with that.

Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    one thing that you can be sure of is that a post like yours does little to encourage people to hire you as a trainer. a good trainer takes what skills and tools the student has and works with that.
    APVBGUY.......I'll take this under advise.............But you know what? A good trainer gives good advise and has repeat business. The bad ones are out of business fast. I have the oldest school in Florida my friend, I must have done something right. It seems you are just looking to start crap.....
    BTTBBOB
    www.sflagunschool.com

Living rent free in Bluesstringer's head apparently
    I don't see anyone questioning your data here but your presentation sucks and your writing style does come off as pretty pompus. If you talk the way you write I'd tune you out after about three words
    The finest Vodka is a razor Matthew, it leaves no ragged edges.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast