The M1 Garand is what Obama want's to stop American's from buying - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The M1 Garand is what Obama want's to stop American's from buying

Quote Originally Posted by stingray2100 View Post
    This is my idea. BHO is trying to stop the import of the M1 Garand, M1 Carbine,etc. Agreed. But why you say??

Because if you put an M1 against an AR or M4 or M16...its fire power compared in caliber is superior. Yes it is limited in round capacity. But 30.06 will go thru 3/4" or less of steel at 100yrs.

It can go thru body armor and a kevlar helmet...that is scary for a battle rifle that was made in the early 20th century... The CMP has thousands of rifle ready to be purchased by civilians.

But think about this...if BHO starts this everyone is going to run to get one and then it will eliminate the stock that the CMP has at the moment (not much if you checked the currentwebsite).

you eliminate the stock and eliminate the money from the people (at $995.00 a rifle). The C clips you can find in amazon...but the rifles only at the CMP.

they did it with the ARs then the Ammo now the battle rifles...it is called drain the resources game...cut the supply and make it hard to get by inflating the price or cutting the source.

That is playing for keeps guys.
    That's why I own the LMT MKS chambered in .308. :) An AR by another name... AR-10!
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Executive orders under the constitution he can stick up his ass.

He's just a dictator wanna be.

The M1 Garand is what Obama want's to stop American's from buying

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare45 View Post
    Executive orders under the constitution he can stick up his ass.
    It's friggin scary just how much you and i think alike!

Sent from behind Enemy Lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Seeya View Post
    I do not think he has the authority to ban anything. I takes an act of congress so his exe. order is null and void. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    Wrong, he can impose an Import Ban through the State Dept. on Licensed cargo. Firearms is "licensed cargo". This Korea re-import of M1's has actually been going on since he took the WH. There is a couple hundred thousand M1's we gave the ROK after the intervention in the 50's. ROK does not want them anymore. We the people would like to own a "fresh" packed M1 in cosmoline vintage ready for issue.. OK-OK I own one. But through CMP.
    I believe it was over 300K that they wanted to return but State Dept would not issue a license. MY ISSUE......Who they going to give/sell them to? You know they won't spend the money on destroying them.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Quote Originally Posted by Kennydale View Post
    Awhile back I was at the range with a buddy, who brought along his 1943 M1 Garand. This was a totally new experience for me. About ten minutes of loading two CLIPS & setting up targets (45 yards) I can imagine the amount of training it took to fight back the Nazis. But in my hands, I doubt with this firearm I'd be much of s threat to any opposing force.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using USA Carry mobile app
    Come to the range with me my boy and will reach out to at least the 200 yrd line even with my bad eyes and open sights. George S. Patton, Jr. proclaimed it, "the greatest single battle implement ever devised by man." You can't get any plainer then that.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

M1 Garands are hard to come by currently. Long wait times ( 120-180 days ) from the CMP and costs from $650 and up for a service grade H&R.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

I paid about a grand for my Garand, special grade, and have enjoyed it since receiving it. I'd probably shoot it more then I do but ammo isn't cheap these days. Although really considering investing in starting to reload my own. Every time I go to the range it's a real head turner after busting off the first round.

Quote Originally Posted by mappow View Post
    I paid about a grand for my Garand, special grade, and have enjoyed it since receiving it. I'd probably shoot it more then I do but ammo isn't cheap these days. Although really considering investing in starting to reload my own. Every time I go to the range it's a real head turner after busting off the first round.
    Yep, those are about a grand after shipping. And have the same 120-180 day wait time.

As to it being legal for 0bama to ban the reimport, yes he can. But by law he cannot stop the CMP from having them. Because CONgress set it up specifically to get firearms like the M1 Carbine and M1 Garands into the hands of civilians.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12