Chicago Police Superintendent Says Cops Will Shoot - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 38

Thread: Chicago Police Superintendent Says Cops Will Shoot

  1. wow, this superintendent needs some concealed carry training along with some public affairs training as well!!! hello, concealed carry!!, not open carry!! most officers will never see a gun from a ccw person, they are always there after the fact!! usually way, after the fact, so, I sure don't see a problem, are the police the only people who can be trusted with a gun?? no way,just because they carry one all day, don't mean squat!! let me tell you, with the training I have received, I fear most police to NOT be as well trained or prepared as I am in regards to safe handling and proper usage of firearms, during some trainin classes, we had several police officers attending, and I gotta say , many were not very proficient with their weapons!! I sure hope illionis police get their act together and not endanger us lawfull carry citizens!! get more training!!
    1 ~ MAN ARMY....

  2.   
  3. #12
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    north east Iowa
    Posts
    1,250
    There are several areas of the country, cities included, where the police have been able to adapt to civilian carry. Are the officers in Chicago more stupid and incompetent than police in other areas? Perhaps they are they are too conditioned in their behavior as an army of occupation in a third world sewer. Maybe they're too used to dealing with the criminals in the Chicago political establishment and even within the department. Perhaps the superintendent is simply a criminal thug engaging in extortion and threats against honest citizens and the state legislators.

    All of the metropolitan areas that have been subjected to long term progressive rule are disaster areas. They have become sewers of criminal behavior, political corruption, and social disintegration. The idiots still remaining in the cities keep electing the same progressive political criminals who destroyed their communities. And they are doing exactly the same thing to the country.

  4. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by buckey01 View Post
    There are several areas of the country, cities included, where the police have been able to adapt to civilian carry. Are the officers in Chicago more stupid and incompetent than police in other areas? Perhaps they are they are too conditioned in their behavior as an army of occupation in a third world sewer. Maybe they're too used to dealing with the criminals in the Chicago political establishment and even within the department. Perhaps the superintendent is simply a criminal thug engaging in extortion and threats against honest citizens and the state legislators.

    All of the metropolitan areas that have been subjected to long term progressive rule are disaster areas. They have become sewers of criminal behavior, political corruption, and social disintegration. The idiots still remaining in the cities keep electing the same progressive political criminals who destroyed their communities. And they are doing exactly the same thing to the country.
    I usually do not give concrete statements concerning this issue, that is to say, I might come up with a smart butt post but I can see this head copís point. If they have never had citizens carrying legally and the decades of fear of the people they protect may cause great concern. In the 101-year history of Arizona, we have never had crushing laws against us carrying open or CCW. Therefore, I cannot identify with his problem. About 20 years ago a coworker, who has an English wife, had his in-laws over from England. They were in great fear of his guns. They were legitimately fearful. So, I do not know what to say about the Yankees up north or the Commies elsewhere. I only keep my CCW updated due to traveling to New Mexico, Nevada, and the fact that here in Arizona one may carry in a restaurant that sells alcohol if he or she is not drinking and if the owner of the store does not have prohibited legally posted.
    "Undocumented Second Amendment Supporter, fighting against suppression of mandatory background checks."

  5. I believe Barry and the Fuzz must have been greatest of friends years ago. Has to explain the blatant stupidity of both. Birds of a feather.
    I'm a firm believer in two term limits for all politicians; one in office, the other in prison.

  6. #15
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    2,837

    Chicago Police Superintendent Says Cops Will Shoot





    Sent from behind enemy lines.

  7. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,097
    Quote Originally Posted by NotTwoShure View Post
    I usually do not give concrete statements concerning this issue, that is to say, I might come up with a smart butt post but I can see this head copís point. If they have never had citizens carrying legally and the decades of fear of the people they protect may cause great concern. In the 101-year history of Arizona, we have never had crushing laws against us carrying open or CCW. Therefore, I cannot identify with his problem. About 20 years ago a coworker, who has an English wife, had his in-laws over from England. They were in great fear of his guns. They were legitimately fearful. So, I do not know what to say about the Yankees up north or the Commies elsewhere. I only keep my CCW updated due to traveling to New Mexico, Nevada, and the fact that here in Arizona one may carry in a restaurant that sells alcohol if he or she is not drinking and if the owner of the store does not have prohibited legally posted.
    If the cops are fearful to the point they will kill law abiding citizens then they most certainly have a mental disorder and should be disarmed immediately. On the other hand if they are pissed off because the public is now lawfully armed and this presents a problem with them now being able to crack people over the head and get away with it then the cops should be disarmed immediately. The firearm is simply a force multiplier and now the creepy cops are just as powerful as an armed and law abiding citizenry. Your people from England are certainly too stupid to travel. They have an "irrational fear" of guns they are not legitimately fearful. A legitimate fear is where one knows they will be harmed, sometimes to death, if they do a certain thing. Guns are inanimate. They may need a shrink. This is what their government did to them. Their government should have loaded them up with Valium for their trips abroad to countrys where firearms just happen to be lawfully owned and lawfully displayed.

  8. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    3,832
    Quote Originally Posted by NotTwoShure View Post
    I usually do not give concrete statements concerning this issue, that is to say, I might come up with a smart butt post but I can see this head cop’s point. If they have never had citizens carrying legally and the decades of fear of the people they protect may cause great concern. In the 101-year history of Arizona, we have never had crushing laws against us carrying open or CCW. Therefore, I cannot identify with his problem. About 20 years ago a coworker, who has an English wife, had his in-laws over from England. They were in great fear of his guns. They were legitimately fearful. So, I do not know what to say about the Yankees up north or the Commies elsewhere. I only keep my CCW updated due to traveling to New Mexico, Nevada, and the fact that here in Arizona one may carry in a restaurant that sells alcohol if he or she is not drinking and if the owner of the store does not have prohibited legally posted.

    I understand your post and on rare occasions have met people like your co-worker and his English wife. I totally get what you are saying and then you have to get personal and broad stroke every state that served for the Union forces in a war that ended in the 1860's. Is the "Yankee" comment really necessary when you are really only talking about Illinois since this is the thread of the conversation?

    Pennsylvania borders the Mason-Dixon line to the north. It also borders West Virginia which became a state when it broke away from Virginia during the Civil War to fight for the Union. And guess what, in PA and WV people can carry in a restaurant that sells alcohol too. In fact in PA, they can even drink too (I don't recommend while carrying, but the state doesn't forbid it like you said AZ does). So please don't broad stroke your perceived image of all the states to the North. And the only truly Constitutional carry state is Vermont (by the way you can carry in a restaurant that serves alcohol there too). They have no permit/license system of any kind. You have a permit/license system but don't need one, however your state still has one, none the less.

    The other odd thing is that you say you are from Arizona yet also make it a point to mention "Yankees" for some reason. You do realize AZ wasn't even a state until 1912, well after the Civil War?
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

  9. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    What this lame-brained troglodyte doesn't realize is the law-abiding citizen is going to have the firearm holstered.
    Doesn't matter. Chicago cops will shoot them anyways, blame the new law, then point to this guy and say "See! Look how smrt our Great Leader is! Told ya so!"

  10. #19
    ezkl2230 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    “You put more guns on the street expect more shootings (bull crap),” McCarthy said. “I don’t care if they’re licensed legal firearms (how about legal owners?), people who are not highly trained (really? some of these legal firearms owners are better trained than your staff) … putting guns in their hands is a recipe for disaster (it is huh? why then in areas with more gun ownership is there generally less crime, yet in your crime ridden swill of a city you have one of the highest gun violence areas in the world and guns are/were illegal there?). So I’ll train our officers that there is a concealed carry law, but when somebody turns with a firearm in their hand the officer does not have an obligation to wait to get shot to return fire and we’re going to have tragedies as a result of that. I’m telling you right up front.”

    This is what the neanderthal said in the article; the italicized parts are my interjections. My question: Why would someone be walking around Chicago with a gun in their hand as a law-abiding citizen and when stopped by a police officer, turn and point it at him? Of course that police officer will shoot. What this lame-brained troglodyte doesn't realize is the law-abiding citizen is going to have the firearm holstered.
    Here's the problem: the legal firearm carrier has just had to defend himself against an attack. The police roll onto the scene to find an injured bad guy, and a good guy keeping him covered with his firearm (this happened a couple of months ago here in Michigan). Or the bad guy is deceased, and the good guy, out of concern for other potential threats, still has his firearm deployed. The superintendent has just absolved his officers from the need to confirm the threat; he has just told the public that they can shoot as soon as they see a firearm. Oh, you were the good guy? To bad, so sad, you should have waited for the police to show up in the first place. Mistakes happen, you know.

    PS -- I suggest that the good superintendent read the recently released report commissioned by the president. It will show him that suicide is the number one type of gun death, that civilians use their firearms in self defense at least as many times as bad guys use theirs to commit crimes, that mass shootings are the rarest king of shooting incident, and that blood is not flowing in the streets because civilians are once again going about armed. As has already been pointed out, he's torqued off because he thinks we are poaching on his patch.

  11. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"
    Posts
    2,825

    Arrow

    Quote Originally Posted by dogshawred View Post
    We all knew that Illinois would have trouble setting up the concealed carry laws and getting everything started. Now they have shown that even after all is said and done there will be further troubles from the law about the law. Go Figure, it is like they just don't get it. Gun owners aren't easily intimidated especially since they have worked so hard to get CC they aren't going to lie down and give it up just like that.
    ~
    Chicago Police Superintendent Says Cops Will Shoot Gun Carrying Citizens Because of His Training
    ~
    Chicago police superintendent Garry McCarthy is not happy about the new concealed carry laws in Illinois. And now he is predicting that police will shoot citizens who are lawfully carrying firearms.
    ~
    During an interview with WVON radio McCarthy made some very bold statements that show his disdain for the 2nd amendment.
    ~

    “You put more guns on the street expect more shootings,” McCarthy said. “I don’t care if they’re licensed legal firearms, people who are not highly trained… putting guns in their hands is a recipe for disaster. So I’ll train our officers that there is a concealed carry law, but when somebody turns with a firearm in their hand the officer does not have an obligation to wait to get shot to return fire and we’re going to have tragedies as a result of that. I’m telling you right up front.”~
    - See more at: Chicago Police Superintendent Says Cops Will Shoot Gun Carrying Citizens Because of His Training
    Note to Mr. McCarthy....
    Update your 'training', and kindly STFU about our right's to keep and bear/bare arm's you Fascist Pig!
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast