Chicago Police Superintendent Says Cops Will Shoot
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chicago Police Superintendent Says Cops Will Shoot

Chicago Police Superintendent Says Cops Will Shoot

We all knew that Illinois would have trouble setting up the concealed carry laws and getting everything started. Now they have shown that even after all is said and done there will be further troubles from the law about the law. Go Figure, it is like they just don't get it. Gun owners aren't easily intimidated especially since they have worked so hard to get CC they aren't going to lie down and give it up just like that.
    ~
    Chicago Police Superintendent Says Cops Will Shoot Gun Carrying Citizens Because of His Training
    ~
    Chicago police superintendent Garry McCarthy is not happy about the new concealed carry laws in Illinois. And now he is predicting that police will shoot citizens who are lawfully carrying firearms.
    ~
    During an interview with WVON radio McCarthy made some very bold statements that show his disdain for the 2nd amendment.
    ~

“You put more guns on the street expect more shootings,” McCarthy said. “I don’t care if they’re licensed legal firearms, people who are not highly trained… putting guns in their hands is a recipe for disaster. So I’ll train our officers that there is a concealed carry law, but when somebody turns with a firearm in their hand the officer does not have an obligation to wait to get shot to return fire and we’re going to have tragedies as a result of that. I’m telling you right up front.”~
    - See more at: Chicago Police Superintendent Says Cops Will Shoot Gun Carrying Citizens Because of His Training
    I'd rather be a Conservative Nutjob. Than a Liberal with NO Nuts & NO Job

That sounds more like a thinly veiled threat by a disgruntled police superintendent who is upset that "they" won't be the only ones on the block authorized to carry.

“You put more guns on the street expect more shootings (bull crap),” McCarthy said. “I don’t care if they’re licensed legal firearms (how about legal owners?), people who are not highly trained (really? some of these legal firearms owners are better trained than your staff) … putting guns in their hands is a recipe for disaster (it is huh? why then in areas with more gun ownership is there generally less crime, yet in your crime ridden swill of a city you have one of the highest gun violence areas in the world and guns are/were illegal there?). So I’ll train our officers that there is a concealed carry law, but when somebody turns with a firearm in their hand the officer does not have an obligation to wait to get shot to return fire and we’re going to have tragedies as a result of that. I’m telling you right up front.”

This is what the neanderthal said in the article; the italicized parts are my interjections. My question: Why would someone be walking around Chicago with a gun in their hand as a law-abiding citizen and when stopped by a police officer, turn and point it at him? Of course that police officer will shoot. What this lame-brained troglodyte doesn't realize is the law-abiding citizen is going to have the firearm holstered.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

McCarthy does have a point. You will see more initial shootings as soon as the slaves are "allowed" to excercise thier 2nd amendment. There will likely be a bloodbath of criminals until they learn that their so called victims are capable and willing to defend themselves and then crime rate will plunge as we have seen in other places where concealed carry laws have been put into place. The real recipe for disaster is disarming law abiding citizens. There seems to be this vision of a "Wild West" type situation by anti gunners and liberals as concealed carry laws are put into place in areas that previously did not have them.

To the good folks of Chicago....

Sent from behind enemy lines.

Blog Entries
    If I were the mayor I would've fired his ass for those comments.

Talk about untrained firearm owners...sounds like his cops need training if he states that they will just start killing folks that are lawfully carrying a firearm. I think we are in retreat back to the days when cops were called pigs. If the government thinks we will just sit back and take it for as long as they think they can get away with killing dogs and citizens...they haven't seen pissed off yet.

9. McCarthy is incompetent and totally irresponsible by ignoring real statistics which not only prove guns help reduce crime rates but more so, that concealed carry holders are among the safest and law abiding of our population!! We Care!! He should be fired but criminals don't get fired do they?? The Second Amendment is in place for government gone bad!! He and all government workers fail to remember that they work for the taxpaying citizens and no one else!!!!

The Second Amendment protects All Rights!!

Are people who don't think before they act, who disregard the law, who are reactive rather than scrutinizing, who can't adapt to changes, suitable as LE?
    ...SCOTUS says we're right...You don't like it. I'm sorry you don't like it. I guess that's a problem for you. Some people don't like gays. Some don't like alcohol. Some don't like meat. ~michaelzwilliamson

There definitely will be more shootings... he just basically gave all cops permission to shoot anyone with a gun. I get the impression he actually wants them to, just to prove a point.

I really, really hope I'm wrong.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using USA Carry mobile app
    Modern Whig
    "Government is not meant to burden Liberty but rather to secure it." -T.J. O'Hara

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast