This sounds *really* odd, is this legal?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This sounds *really* odd, is this legal?

1. This sounds *really* odd, is this legal?

I have this friend who lives in an Ohio apartment that does NOT have a posting forbidding handguns. He was told by the owner that the only person allowed to have a gun on the property is the owner, himself. When my friend declared that he had a CCW, the property owner said, "I don't care. I'm the only one allowed to have a gun around here." The property owner sounds like diane fienstein to me ("I'm allowed to carry a gun because I'm better than you and you can't have one because you're nobody."), so we're wondering the legality surrounding this type of situation. Shouldn't it be the case that it guns are forbidden for one person, they're forbidden for everybody? Can rules be selectively enforced and should my friend continue to keep his guns at his friend's house and live with it?
    "Don't forget that you're First Marines! Not all the communists in hell can overrun you!" General Lewis Burwell "Chesty" Puller, at the Chosin Reservoir
    http://badassoftheweek.com/puller.html

This sounds *really* odd, is this legal?

If there is nothing forbidding guns in his lease agreement that he signed the owner can go pound sand. While he lives there under the terms of the lease agreement, his apartment is as good as his own legal property. It is deemed his "place of abode" or "real property under his control." The only thing governing what he can or cannot have in the apartment is the lease agreement. The owner has the option to not let him renew the lease when it expires if he chooses to keep guns there but he cannot verbally forbid him from keeping guns there or evict him for it.

Tell him to check the lease. A property my company has done Security for has successfully evicted a CPL holder and a man who openly carried on a daily basis. Its ONLY legal for anything of the sort to happen IF he signed a lease stating he is not allowed to do so ON the property, however, there is no way, to my knowledge the Property Manager can enforce anything relating to in HIS apartment or in HIS vehicle.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier....One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.

total BS

6. Ohio law states that a landlord can not stop a renter from keeping firearms in the home. Ill try to find the code and post it.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using USA Carry mobile app

Sounds like the owner moved to Ohio from NY.

Personally, the fact that I have a CCW and carry would have never entered the conversation.
    MAKE FLORIDA A FREE AND INDEPENDENT REPUBLIC!!
    SECESSION NOW!!
    tonyj

9. What you are looking for is SB 184.

https://www.ohiobar.org/ForPublic/Re...anUse-333.aspx

Sent from my SCH-I405 using USA Carry mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by CarryInNewYork View Post
    Sounds like the owner moved to Ohio from NY.
    If he didn't move from NY it surely must have been from NJ.

What?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Gianni View Post
    I have this friend who lives in an Ohio apartment that does NOT have a posting forbidding handguns. He was told by the owner that the only person allowed to have a gun on the property is the owner, himself. When my friend declared that he had a CCW, the property owner said, "I don't care. I'm the only one allowed to have a gun around here." The property owner sounds like diane fienstein to me ("I'm allowed to carry a gun because I'm better than you and you can't have one because you're nobody."), so we're wondering the legality surrounding this type of situation. Shouldn't it be the case that it guns are forbidden for one person, they're forbidden for everybody? Can rules be selectively enforced and should my friend continue to keep his guns at his friend's house and live with it?
    You are telling me, that a land lord, can remove the 2A from the law of the land?
    Total bull.
    Can he also tell you not to speak your mind? (1A)
    Is he willing to protect you from ALL harm, and put it in writing?
    MICHAEL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast