Woman Has gun blow up in Face
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Woman Has gun blow up in Face

Exclamation Woman Has gun blow up in Face

I'm not familiar with a Talon T-200 9 MM but this gal had it blow up in her face while target shooting, video link in the RH corner.

wow that would suck. That's a good reason to stay away from low end guns though. I understand there's a market out there for them but if I were a FFL dealer I wouldn't sell crap guns.

From what I could find, Talon was apparently in business selling "cheap" guns for 2 years or so around 2001ish then went out of business and were purchased by Cobra in Salt Lake City which seems to be a collector of "cheap" gun makers. This is not the first of these to explode on someone, if you have one don't endanger yourself or others, just use it for the other end of target practice or feed it to the cutting torch.

Where is QT and why do you think they are no more,

After reading the article and seeing her comment that these firearms aren't safe, my first reflex was going to be to say in response that, "there are no unsafe guns, only unsafe people." However, after doing a little checking up on this brand, I see that maybe she is right. I hope this event does not turn her into an anti.
    Last edited by tattedupboy; 09-01-2008 at 09:50 PM.

7. I wonder if there is something that can be done to keep those from being sold or if there might be a state restriction on that model or brand that could be established. I would hate to see someone lose an eye or worse. That thing is so small I am afraid some parent may let the little ones try to fire it and then have that happen.
    www.ar15-kits.com
    www.lowerreceivers.com
    Yes we have 80% receivers

Quote Originally Posted by AR-15 Rep View Post
    I wonder if there is something that can be done to keep those from being sold or if there might be a state restriction on that model or brand that could be established. I would hate to see someone lose an eye or worse. That thing is so small I am afraid some parent may let the little ones try to fire it and then have that happen.
    If you check out the video link in the RH corner she states that she is pro gun and is not afraid to continue shooting, she just wants to warn every one about this gun failure.

Back in the 60's I remember discussions about certain guns being more dangerous to the shooter than then shootee. The cheap little .25 auto was the main culprit and in my part of the country was the main discussion about the Saturday Night Special. I see it has now evolved into a racial thing that was never discussed as being part of it back then. The biggest problem was defining what one was and the SC legislature decided on a melting point temp of the frame.

Either way it sure appears that these guns should be included in that category and banned. Just being cheap in not in itself dangerous as I have a Hi-Point that I feel is as safe as any gun and totally reliable. However just looking at the Talon gives me the creeps.

All that being said remember the kaboom theory for glock. Any gun that is made of something other than strong metal could result in hand damage if the kaboom is sent down into the magazine area.Not giveig this gun the ok just playing the devils addvacate.Factory ammo could be a double charge.

Often you get what you pay for and that can be dangerous when buying a firearm. Don't buy the cheapest you can get buy the very best you can afford. Your life and those of your loved ones may depend on it.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast