Open carry - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Open carry

1. Quote Originally Posted by T-Roy View Post
    I don't plan to open carry and cause panic everywhere I go.
    What would be so special about your open carry that would cause panic everywhere you go? Those of us that open carry every day don't cause panic. Sounds like you are believing some of the serial misinformation you have been fed without knowing some facts.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Wish Texas had open carry, let me read the 2nd Amendment again, with recent court ruling you do not need ID to vote, should carry over to no ID for carrying and driving. When in AZ I open carry, don't even get a second glance.

Wish Texas had open carry, let me read the 2nd Amendment again, with recent court ruling you do not need ID to vote, should carry over to no ID for carrying and driving. When in AZ open carry all the time, don't even get a second glance.

Talking When is the panic going to start, don't want to miss it.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Roy View Post
    This has always confused me...Maybe you all can educate me. I have a CCW, and from the class they told me not to "prone" (I believe that was the term for showing an outline of your pistol under your clothes), or no parts of the gun can be seen. I live in Ohio, which is an open carry state. If I wanted to open carry, does the entire gun have to be visible? What if my shirt fell over the grips, but the barrel was exposed? My point is, what's the difference between open carry and some parts of gun being exposed, and concealed carry and some parts of the gun being exposed?
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Roy View Post
    Thanks guys. I have had my CCW for 3.5 years now, but have always been concerned if my gun is accidently exposed or prints. Due to Ohio being an open carry, I shoudn't be too concerned. I don't plan to open carry and cause panic everywhere I go.

BTW - for any of you looking for 5.56 ammo, I just picked up a box of 1000 at Walmart last night for $447. It's Federal 62 grain! I'm assuming most Walmarts across the US probably have some now.
    T-Roy, I don't know where you live in Ohio and to me it just doesn't matter, as the law covers all of the state not just certain counties, townships or cities. Open carry is legal in Ohio and has been for as long as I can remember and I remember buying my first handgun in 71 and open carrying it for protection at my work a Sohio station on I-77.
    ~
    I still open carry and don't have a problem with people around me getting all excited about MWAG and have never been talked to by police for openly carrying a firearm. I have had people ask me about my weapon, people admire my weapon, ask me where I got my weapon and people show me theirs that they were carrying concealed.
    ~
    I would like you to tell me when the panic is going to start so I can be prepared, wouldn't want to miss it. Until you can honestly support your ideas of panic induced by open carry with real world experience you need to not spew rhetoric that is unfounded and biased against law abiding citizens that carry a firearm.
    I'd rather be a Conservative Nutjob. Than a Liberal with NO Nuts & NO Job

Ok, maybe panic wasn't the correct term. As I said, I have never open carried, but maybe I should try it for a day or so and see how it goes. I know a lot of people are anit-guns. If those anti-gun friends and family members knew that I carry concealed, they would probably be very uncomfortable around me. It's my plan to protect my family, not to alarm people. Not to mention strangers and how they would react. I'm sure most people would just point, wisper, and wonder why I have a gun, but people are funny and some may react in a nagtive manor.

Who knows, maybe I am "believing some of the serial misinformation you have been fed without knowing some facts." Maybe I just have the balls to try it? I will keep an open mind and give it some thought.

"MWAG" - Had to look that one up... Man with a gun?

7. Who gives a damn what a stranger thinks

People who have never open carried will be very hesitant to try it "for real" initially. This is normal.

However, should you find that you do like OC better than CC, in a few weeks you'll wonder why in the heck you ever jammed a sidearm into your pants.

As with anything "new", it will be something learned. Once you are comfortable with it, and some people never get comfortable, you'll enjoy not having to hide your sidearm all the time. It's just plain comfortable.

AD (full time open carry advocate)

OK, I will try open carry someday soon and see how it goes. I'll let you guys know. I open carry when I shoot IDPA, and ADulay is correct, it is extremely more comfortable, not to mention a lot easier to get to me gun. Thanks for your motivation.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12