XDs vs. Shield - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: XDs vs. Shield

Quote Originally Posted by Octar Wolfkiller View Post
    ok I have big hands but I would like a compact for CC like a Nano, XDs or Shield but have not had a chance to shoot any of them.
    I have a XD5 40 and really like it..
    If it gives you an idea, the Shield without the extended magazine usually leaves people with their little finger unable to fit on the grip. My hands are so small that all of them fit on perfectly! However, they are also super long... I really don't foresee any of them being an issue for larger hands. It might not be as comfortable as it is for me, but not a problem.
    Modern Whig
    "Government is not meant to burden Liberty but rather to secure it." -T.J. O'Hara

Xds was my preference and still is.

4. Congrats on getting the Shield, pics?

Sorry about the blurry-ness... It's kind of hard to take pictures of your own hand. And don't mind the fingernails... I am NOT a girly-girl. I stack hay, muck stalls, repair fences, chase dogs and a six-year-old. I get dirty.

Fits like a glove, though!
    Attachment 10316
    An idea of the dimensions...
    Attachment 10317
    Modern Whig
    "Government is not meant to burden Liberty but rather to secure it." -T.J. O'Hara

6. XDs with a Talon Grips in a Crossbreed Mini-Tuck. Comfortable and very easy to conceal. I've had zero issues after hundreds of rounds down range.

Quote Originally Posted by dakotaracing View Post
    XDs with a Talon Grips in a Crossbreed Mini-Tuck. Comfortable and very easy to conceal. I've had zero issues after hundreds of rounds down range.
    Little late... loved the XDs (obviously), but nobody had them in stock! Also, think I'm going with an Alien Gear holster... similar to Crossbreed but in my price range after buying a gun... lol Has great reviews and I can send it back if I don't like it.
    Modern Whig

Good choice on the Alien Gear holster, I'm going to order one with an extra kydex shell, so I will be able to have a holster for 2 different guns.

Drzzit's S4

9. My son uses the xds as a backup weapon. I've shot it a couple of times and I love it. It's light weight, (he carries it in a calf holster) I like the safety and it's really accurate. For a .45. there is almost no kickback.

Quote Originally Posted by laswkayaker View Post
    I will purchase my Shield tomorrow in 9mm. I choose the Shield over the XDs because I liked the way it felt in my hand better that the XDs. The local gun shop already checked the Shield to make sure it did not have the trigger issue S&W warned about. I have been waiting for this gun for 3 weeks now as my state will have its 2nd Amendment weekend this weekend which exempts sales tax. :)
    I took my new Shield to the range on Saturday and put 300 rounds through it, with no issues at all. I will change the sights to some High Vis. sights shortly but other than that I love my new Shield.

ezkl2230 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by telpinaro View Post
    If it gives you an idea, the Shield without the extended magazine usually leaves people with their little finger unable to fit on the grip. My hands are so small that all of them fit on perfectly! However, they are also super long... I really don't foresee any of them being an issue for larger hands. It might not be as comfortable as it is for me, but not a problem.
    Pearce grip extensions. Inexpensive and effective.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast