Empty Shell Casing's = 1 year in jail & $1,000.00 fine + criminal record. - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Empty Shell Casing's = 1 year in jail & $1,000.00 fine + criminal record.

Quote Originally Posted by sdprof View Post
    That's definitely a contender for the top prize in the, "Wow, just when you think you seen the stupidest thing possible, along comes...." contest.

Wonder if that definition of ammunition still applies if the brass has been made unusable, as in jewelry or bottle opener.
    .50 Caliber Bottle Opener: Unique and durable bottle opener
    I was thinking the same. I have a pair of motorcycle boots whose ends of the laces are polished nickel bullets. Hmmmmm, I see jail time in my future. How about the war veteran who carries his piece of shrapnel around his neck to thumb his nose at those that tried to kill him on the battlefield?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGG GGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

^that's about the only logical response to this law.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    The problem for DC, nay, the entire nation, certainly isn't too many spent shells moving around unsecured, it's not enough loaded shells being brought to bear against tyrants.

Our Founding Fathers would have been shooting for the last 100 years by now. There is nothing left of their vision.

Heller was specifically about DC's 30-year-old gun ban. Supposedly, the 2nd Amendment individual "right" was upheld, and McDonald supposedly incorporated that "idea" across the entire nation, yet laws like this can be enforced with impunity by tyrants without so much as a whimper from The People. And what happens?

Gun forums explode in indignant prose. Whoop-de-friggin'-do.

The Declaration of Independence should have been re-asserted in at least 1913, probably more appropriately sometime between 1861 and 1865. The pretense of still being a legitimate representative republic after the events of those time-periods should have been shattered for every thinking American. Instead, those events have been normalized and bastardized to the extent that even thinking people have had the true meanings of words and events brainwashed out of their consciousness. Shredding of the Constitution is so normal now that we can sit around and joke about DC's decades-long forefront-participation in it over ridiculousness like spent shell casings.

But everybody get out there and vote-vote-vote, and we can change things! No, really, there are actually people who think that! Can you believe it?

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

4. Only thing I can think of is they must in their liberal minds deduce that if you have an empty shell casing you must have discharged it which means you have committed a crime and must pay. freekin morons.

Truly sad part of this situation is, I think every American should go to DC at least once. The Monuments, museums, Arlington, are things we should all see & treasure. I have made the trip many times in the past, before I started carrying. Cannot go back there now. No matter what you may think if you've never been there, it is a very scary place to be un-armed.

If people with the expertise of Feinstein wrote the legislation, they probably think that someone will grab a handful of those bullets, whip them into a clip, and start killing people.

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by missoak View Post
    Truly sad part of this situation is, I think every American should go to DC at least once. The Monuments, museums, Arlington, are things we should all see & treasure. I have made the trip many times in the past, before I started carrying. Cannot go back there now. No matter what you may think if you've never been there, it is a very scary place to be un-armed.
    I agree wholeheartedly that everyone should go there at least once. It was one of a few destinations for my wife and I on our Honeymoon 25 years ago, after getting married in CT (so her family could give me the once-over), visiting family in NYC and NJ before heading out to Provincetown, MA for a stay in a bed & breakfast, then on to DC. We intended to do a Revolutionary War Tour, which we did, but it could have just as easily been called the "Modern Anti-Gun Tour" up to that point (We spent the last several days driving from DC through Williamsburg and other Rev. War must-sees, and then through the Southern states down to FL before flying home to CA). Having come to the wrong coast from CA though, neither of us were allowed to carry anyway, so we really didn't notice it as being any different than where we came from.

We spent the most time in DC, touring all the museums for four or five days, and still barely scratched the surface of them. Got imprints of two cousins' names off the Vietnam Memorial Wall. The monuments are somewhat interesting, but I prefer reading real history rather than taking short quotes from the engravings around Founder's (and others') monuments and thinking I "know" what they were all about. Still, everyone should see 'em, as you say.

I've been back to DC several times for demonstrations and lobbying efforts in the last 25 years, and 21 of those years have been since we moved here to Bama in '92, so I did have a huge adjustment to make concerning going unarmed. The last time I was there, the ObamaCare House vote in March of 2010, I saw a handmade sign that seems perfectly in-line with what I was trying to say in my last post. It said:

"We Came Unarmed.....THIS TIME!"

At this point, I seriously doubt even the carrier of that sign really intended to follow through with its implication, but I decided after that trip that I had made my last trip to DC unless it was with a group large enough and committed enough to give meaning to it. From all appearances, I will die never having gone back there again.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

8. Been there at least 50 times when I lived in Annapolis. The National Mall and all its museums take days to navigate, and you won't regret it. I did come away, after seeing how much taxpayer money must have been spent for hundreds of years, with a bit of "how the hell did we allow such opulence"?

One day, after a trip to D.C., I saw on the local news that someone was murdered in the exact parking spot I used close to the WH. My wife and I missed meeting our maker by 3 hours, unless it was a drug deal gone bad or random shooting.

At that time, D.C. was the murder capital of the U.S.

I never went back. We had taken-in the sights, had our fill of traffic on the suicide loop, and generally were spent on the sightseeing. I considered the TV News a wake up call. A message from a power greater than all of us. I'm alive, and on this forum.

D.C. sounds like a hostile, unwelcoming destination with all its "common sense" laws.

If you have to go there, please do. Take in Arlington cemetery, during the changing of the guard. The Vietnam Veterans' Wall. Smithsonian. Air and Space museum. National Art museum, and hundreds of other historic and cultural sites. It is truly a massive, and humbling spread. Something that ALL Americans should experience, before the ivory tower elitists put a fence around the "diamond" in Maryland, and greedily count their money and assets.
    I'm a firm believer in two term limits for all politicians; one in office, the other in prison.

Quote Originally Posted by Peggy Reist View Post
    Granted DC is not anywhere on my list of places I'd ever want to visit. But as bizarre as it is, I still don't understand. Why no empty shell casings?
    They lost their gun ban because of a SCOTUS ruling in 2008 and in response they imposed a different more strict gun law to take its place and in doing so they nitpicked everything they could to make life miserable for law abiding citizens by making them felons by simple sh!t like this.
    ~
    DC hacks with nothing more important to do. Its not like they don't have bigger fish to fry.
    I'd rather be a Conservative Nutjob. Than a Liberal with NO Nuts & NO Job

This is absolutely insane.

11. When I was in DC with the family several years ago, my son bought a pen in the Smithsonian that was made out of an inert cartridge. If an empty shell casing gets you thrown in jail, I wonder what a cartridge pen will get you? I also wonder if they still sell those pens, and if they have the police stationed just outside the gift shop?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast