Is collateral damage ok? - Page 5

View Poll Results: Collateral damage if SHTF

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Do nothing and seek cover.

2 4.44%
  • Move to a better position and try to limit any damage except to the BG.

41 91.11%
  • Blast away, you're within your right to protect your life from these scumbags

2 4.44%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Is collateral damage ok?

Quote Originally Posted by Stengun View Post
    Howdy,

I didn't vote in the poll but I wore a "I shoot hostages" IPSC pin on my web gear for many years while in the military and as a Gov't employee/contractor.

Paul
    I had a bumper sticker in high school that said "A$$ gas or grass, nobody rides for free"... It was funny and wishful thinking, but adds about as much to this thread as yours does...
    Chief

Shoot the hostage I remember laughing at that scene from Speed. Ok, disclaimer, I'm older and don't enjoy the pains that accompany it. To protect myself I would NOT risk shooting an innocent. PERIOD. I hope I would take fire while repositioning myself for a clear shot. If I get it great. If not I go alone. I just can't value my own life above some innocent. I've had a great life. I want others to do so as well.

That said I would never drop my weapon at the order of a hostage holder. That hostage may even take an intentional shot in what I felt was a "relatively" harmless body part of the shot would deliver a fatal blow to the BG. I will NOT give up my weapon. Nothing gets better after you give it up. Situation immediately is MUCH worse. Hollywood is full of.... and their heroes are idiots.
    Typos are for the entertainment of the reader. Don't let it go to your head!

As an additional afterthought, I realized that I forgot to mention that, although it would not be a first choice, or even a good choice, but, if necessary, I would trade my life for my wife and children's lives. Sometimes, a bad choice is better than no choice.
    War to the Knife, Knife to the hilt.
    If we don't want to live in a trashy area, we all have to be willing to help pick up the trash.

Quote Originally Posted by farsidefan1 View Post
    That hostage may even take an intentional shot in what I felt was a "relatively" harmless body part of the shot would deliver a fatal blow to the BG. Hollywood is full of.... and their heroes are idiots.
    You sir are dangerous.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345