MI school threatens to incite panic and hold education hostage.... - Page 7
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 100

Thread: MI school threatens to incite panic and hold education hostage....

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    3,832
    Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    The sad par Navy is that you refuse to accept the fact that there are a lot of people walking around with guns that have no business doing so. Just because something is legal doesn't mean it's a good idea. There are those that are incompetent, those with a bone to pick with LEO (gee who's that), those who insist on baiting LEO, those who want to shoot through hostages to get a bad guy, who want to get involved in robberies, who believe in castle doctrine until I tell them to keep the gun out of my home and the general run-of-the mill asses. Just read this forum... sometimes it's a who's who of insanity. Then there's you. The leader of the OC pack. Freudian if I ever saw it. Perhaps Viagra would be better, safer. If you think that pecker on your hip is stopping someone intent on harming you then you're delusional. It wouldn't phase me at all and I'm not nuts. Get your head out of your ass and look around you. There's more than water. There's an entire population around you that's dangerous BECAUSE they have a legal gun. Look at YouTube. There's an entire population looking for problems. And I don't give a $h!t how this sounds to you or that other hillbilly. It's a fact.
    You're absolutely right, there are asses with guns. (Takes out clipboard and puts a check mark next to BC1)
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

  2.   
  3. #62
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    3,832
    Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    I am pro-carry as long as you don't forget who owns the ground you're standing on. When your here you have two choices; disarm or leave. I don't have to give you any consideration when you're here. I keep the upper-hand on my own property. That's personal protection 101 for the uneducated. If you allow persons you don't know into your home armed you're a damn fool.
    .
    To all the armchair Monday morning quarterbacks... I've been an instructor a long time. I've seen so much poor handling and bad gun owners that it often slants my opinion. Being immersed in it every weekend can be an eye-opener. It's not all rosy. The problem is they have a constitutional right to be an ass. But for those who won't vote, the democrats will eventually fix it for ya.
    I would think if you saw that many incompetents in your class, you are either doing something wrong or they are not listening, which would bring me back to the first choice.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

  4. #63
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    7,733
    Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    You're absolutely right, there are asses with guns. (Takes out clipboard and puts a check mark next to BC1)
    And there it is. I was waiting for it. Someone will always call you a name as a response to your opinion.
    .
    Based on what? What makes me an ass? Explain to us what constitutes an ass? I always thought it was the part of the body on which we sit or a cross between a horse and a mule. There are people who are ignorant, stupid, challenged, opinionated, dishonest, etc. None of whom are asses. But you seem to be the resident expert here. C'mon. Is it because I won't let you carry on my property? But the law is on my side. The constitution is on my side. And if your ass is on my side of the fence it belongs to me. Glad to see you're keeping a clipboard of asses. It must be a long list. Could we get a copy? I would love a list of all the asses in the world according to wolf_fire. It would be priceless. In fact, we could dispense with terror watch lists and replace it with your ass list. Imagine that. Getting denied a seat on an airplane because I'm an ass. Getting denied a job because I'm an ass. Oh, wait, employers can't discriminate against asses. You know it's more important to identify asses than to keep our eye on the ball right? Because when you have nowhere else to go you resort to calling people asses. Now what if all the asses in the world get together and demanded civil rights protection? All the asses on your list could sue you. And they would. Why? Because they're asses. Now wouldn't the person keeping the list be the biggest ass? Is his life is so void of accomplishment that he must keep a record of those who don't agree with him? You know I think we could eliminate sociology and psychology from college curriculums. We could just classify everyone who isn't like you as an ass and dispense with the analysis. In fact we could add an ICD-9 diagnosis code to the book for ass. You go to the doctor and he diagnosis you as an ass. Of course insurance might deny the claim. But then they could refer to your list and all would be solved. Perhaps there's even implications for this on the world stage. You're a genius. We have a genius among us and didn't even know it.
    .
    Now I would submit... isn't the person doing the labeling also inclusive in the results? In mathematics we have communicative disambiguation which means the location in the equation, phrase or discussion is unimportant. It doesn't change the result. The fact that you're there is all that matters. Welcome to the ass club. Add your own name to your list.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

  5. #64
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    7,733
    Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    I would think if you saw that many incompetents in your class, you are either doing something wrong or they are not listening, which would bring me back to the first choice.
    When a guy with 29 years as an armed guard looks down the barrel of his own loaded gun it isn't because of my training. But I'll send you his name. You could ad it to your ass list. Glad someone's keeping track.
    .
    BTW, you want this guy armed on your property?
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

  6. #65
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    7,733
    BACK TO THE ORIGINAL TOPIC
    .
    .
    I want armed guards in every school in America. I believe those guards should be the only persons in the building armed. I want them trained and certified and don't care if it raises my taxes to pay them. I want all doors locked and visitors be required to show ID prior to entering. I believe this is the best way to protect kids. That's an opinion. It doesn't make me an anti-gunner but if you disagree wolf_fire has already added me to the ass list so there's no need to name-call.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

  7. #66
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Kalifornia & Idaho
    Posts
    1,052
    Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    BACK TO THE ORIGINAL TOPIC
    .
    .
    I want armed guards in every school in America. I believe those guards should be the only persons in the building armed. I want them trained and certified and don't care if it raises my taxes to pay them. I want all doors locked and visitors be required to show ID prior to entering. I believe this is the best way to protect kids. That's an opinion. It doesn't make me an anti-gunner but if you disagree wolf_fire has already added me to the ass list so there's no need to name-call.
    So you want all the schools to be prisons to keep the inmates in and the parents/law abiding citizens out. Interesting. Teaching the wrong thing. Throwing good money after bad. But interesting. I prefer freedom and liberty. School shootings were less frequent before the laws restricting guns. Panic and do something even if it is wrong reactions, do little to nothing to protect anyone.
    Maybejim

    Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

    What you say isn't as important as what the other person hears

  8. #67
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    7,733
    Quote Originally Posted by maybejim View Post
    So you want all the schools to be prisons to keep the inmates in and the parents/law abiding citizens out. Interesting. Teaching the wrong thing. Throwing good money after bad. But interesting. I prefer freedom and liberty. School shootings were less frequent before the laws restricting guns. Panic and do something even if it is wrong reactions, do little to nothing to protect anyone.
    I don't have the answer to the school shooting problem. I don't know how we stop it. Society got pretty crazy over the years and I'm not sure there's any way to reverse it. Some schools had the lockdown policy years ago. While doing volunteer work I found a lot of schools required me to buzz to get in and I think that's a reaction to the increase in violence over the years. But short term I'm just interested in protecting the kids as best we can.
    .
    I find this topic interesting in that people have argued to allow the carrying of guns in schools by LAC and yet others don't want to lock the doors. Just shows we can't appease everyone. And we shouldn't be calling others names over it. That's devisive behavior where we must instead be united. But where a child's life is at stake I would do almost anything to protect it. Then again I've been through it and have personally seen the lifelong heartache of a child's murder.
    .
    I was working an event a few years ago at a middle school. The county sheriff sent staff to do child fingerprinting for parents. I noticed one deputy not wearing a gun and asked him why. He said they don't carry into schools during community events. I thought that was the dumbest thing in the world.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

  9. #68
    I do not have an answer to stop the school shootings either. But I do believe that if the lib media would stop going wall to wall with the POS BG's name and photo would help. Stop giving them their 15 minutes of fame would go a long way to stop some. IMHO! If the media would only refer to them as a POS and show a pic of a pile of ***** that may help!

    As I have heard said. Blaming the gun for a shooting is like blaming the rope for a lynching!!!

  10. #69
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Posts
    7,414
    Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    The sad part Navy is that you refuse to accept the fact that there are a lot of people walking around with guns that have no business doing so. Just because something is legal doesn't mean it's a good idea. There are those that are incompetent, those with a bone to pick with LEO (gee who's that), those who insist on baiting LEO, those who want to shoot through hostages to get a bad guy and who want to get involved in robberies. How about those who believe in castle doctrine until I tell them to keep the gun out of my home? What are they? They want it both ways.
    ~
    Just read this forum... sometimes it's a who's who of insanity. Then there's you. The leader of the OC pack. Freudian if I ever saw it. Perhaps Viagra would be better, safer. If you think that pecker on your hip is stopping someone intent on harming you then you're delusional. It wouldn't phase me at all and I'm not nuts. Everything you believe-in also applies to the ghetto hood rat. That includes OC. Would a gang of twelve hood rats OC'ing and acting like animals concern you? Well, they're legal aren't they? They aren't breaking any law. Would it scare your daughter if they were cat-calling her and you weren't there to protect her? At what point would she call the police you hold in such contempt. Get your head out of your ass and look around you. There's more than water. There's an entire population around you that's dangerous. And I don't give a $h!t how this sounds to the gun nuts here. It's a fact.
    ~
    Some people on this site classify everyone as either gun nut or anti-gunner/troll. No middle ground. Yet most of American gun owners are in the middle. I'm not anti-gun. But if you think you can exercise your rights on my property you're DEAD wrong (emphasis intentionally added).
    Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    I am pro-carry as long as you don't forget who owns the ground you're standing on. When your here you have two choices; disarm or leave. I don't have to give you any consideration when you're here. I keep the upper-hand on my own property. That's personal protection 101 for the uneducated. If you allow persons you don't know into your home armed you're a damn fool.
    .
    To all the armchair Monday morning quarterbacks... I've been an instructor a long time. I've seen so much poor handling and bad gun owners that it often slants my opinion. Being immersed in it every weekend can be an eye-opener. It's not all rosy. The problem is they have a constitutional right to be an ass. But for those who won't vote, the democrats will eventually fix it for ya.
    - Blah blah -
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

  11. #70
    The part that is being missed in this debate is the fact that there is a Law that was put in place that clearly states that if one has a permit to carry then they can open carry in that school. If the public does not like the Law there are avenues to address that. This is a clear example of a small group deciding what is best for the larger group, sorry that is not how the system is suppose to work. As to some here that think only those with special training should be allowed to carry. I watched the other night a show called "Panic 911" in the incident they gave, a 12 year old girl was home alone when a man broke into her house. She was on the phone with her mother, who told her to get her pistol and hide in the closet. The man made his way to the closet and tried to open the door and the girl shot him, ending the situation. The girl appeared to have no more training than her mother showing her how to use the firearm. No tacti-cool classes at some fancy facility, just a determined and very brave young lady. One statement that she made in her interview that struck me was when she saw the man, he was so large and she asked herself "How am I going to stop this 300 lb man". She had the answer in her hand. Do I think training is a good thing... sure, necessary to exercise my God given Right to self protection ...no. As with most industries there are large amounts of money to be made in Training Facilities and so many will say you should have training, of course...that is how they make their money. We see stories of people with carry permits doing stupid things but no more I believe than those who are supposed to be trained doing the same stupid things. But again these are just the views of a simple minded Redneck country boy from Kentucky.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast