MI school threatens to incite panic and hold education hostage.... - Page 8
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 100

Thread: MI school threatens to incite panic and hold education hostage....

  1. #71
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Saginaw, Michigan
    Posts
    3,352
    A totally general comment directed at no one in particular.............

    Whenever a person decides that their intellect, their station in life, or their life experiences, elevates them to a position where they consider themselves able to judge who should, and who should NOT, be "allowed" to exercise the right to keep and bear arms .....

    .... then that person has joined the ranks of the anti gunners because they, like all anti gunners, only want those they consider "appropriate" and "acceptable" according to their own personal opinions to be "allowed" to have guns...

    The only difference between a rabid anti gunner that wants all guns banned (except for those they consider "acceptable" like the police) and a gun owner/gun carrier who arrogantly wants only the other gun owners/carriers they consider "acceptable" to be able to own/carry a gun is............

    Who is considered "acceptable". But the degree of gun control desired is the same... only who is "acceptable" is different.

    Anyone ever notice the arrogance inherent in the word "allowed"?

  2.   
  3. Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    And there it is. I was waiting for it. Someone will always call you a name as a response to your opinion.
    Mark today down on the calendar, BC1. I 100% agree with a statement that you made. Let's see now......

    Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    Now I'm not concerned with the opinion of a few rednecks, our token gun nuts or some overzealous huckalero itching to defend someone with his gun.
    So...who was doing the name calling there, BC1?!?

    Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    You're absolutely right, there are asses with guns. (Takes out clipboard and puts a check mark next to BC1)
    wolf-fire, I must disagree with you, BC1 is not an ass with a gun. To whit:
    Quote Originally Posted by BC1
    I generally don't carry a gun. Only in certain situations. I'm not so paranoid to think I'm getting killed today.

    See? You likely won't catch BC1 with a gun. So, he's not really an ass with a gun...just an... well, someone who likes to call other people names whose opinion differs than his own.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

  4. #73
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    7,733
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Mark today down on the calendar, BC1. I 100% agree with a statement that you made. Let's see now......



    So...who was doing the name calling there, BC1?!?



    wolf-fire, I must disagree with you, BC1 is not an ass with a gun. To whit:

    See? You likely won't catch BC1 with a gun. So, he's not really an ass with a gun...just an... well, someone who likes to call other people names whose opinion differs than his own.
    Navy, that's not name calling. Rednecks are real (I'm one). Working manual labor in the sun gives one a red neck. Overzealous gun nuts are also real (just read the forums). But an ass is something you sit on. It's a derogatory slur, nothing more, short for a filthier name which would get censored. If "gun nut" constitutes name calling you're too sensitive. And no, you won't catch me with a gun because you don't know when I have one. I find it a pain in the ass to carry it everywhere. Until Hickey Freeman or Brooks Brothers start making a gun pocket in their suits I'll find it a bit cumbersome. And I certainly don't invite LE interaction by being a wise-guy. I'm taking a hit here today because people can't deal with someone who isn't living life around a gun. It's not the center of my life. It doesn't dictate where I live, go to school or do business. I don't see LE as the enemy and don't feel the need to constantly test constitutional limits. I don't care what you do personally and if you retrace my OC posts I have overwhelmingly supported OC where legal. Although I do have my opinions about the motive.
    .
    Earlier I asked you a question which you ducked... consider your young daughter surrounded by a bunch of rats all legally OC'ing and making sexist comments about young tight xxx. Is it reasonable that she will be scared? Aren't you the guy who said it's tough luck if the sight of your gun scares someone? How about your daughter and the rats? With your gun on your hip will you start? You gonna go over and start with them? You're outnumbered and everyone is legally OC'ing. What's a father to do? Most of you in "white-bread" America will crap your pants and withdraw. As sure as I have a farmers tan you'll call those cops you hold in such disdain. I guarantee it because you're not dumb enough to start a fight you can't possibly win. You need an experience to open your eyes. Perhaps you might consider OC in the Pork and Beans" section of Miami.
    .
    I'm not the enemy. I just don't want people I DON'T KNOW carrying on my property. That makes me bad? I' not entitled to a castle doctrine protection but you are? Nonsense. And what works in one part of the country doesn't work in others. Those are facts and it doesn't make me the bad guy. I'm just pointing out the flaw in thinking everyone can carry everywhere openly all the time. BTW, how many posters have argued to return gun rights to convicted murderers? Too numerous to count. Because they paid their debt to society? Well, they didn't owe society any debt... they owed it to me. They owe it to their victim. And they would owe it to you God forbid someday you too have to stare into that casket crying over your daughter. Think hard about what that must feel like. Before you guys throw insults be aware that it's our experiences that shape us. Pure sociology for those who studied it. My experiences were horrible and it slants my thinking. But I'm not an anti-gun supporter. No instructor I've met is. We don't take that much training to be anti-gun.
    .
    There's plenty of real controversy for your attention rater than my opinion about strangers with guns on my own property.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

  5. #74
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Kalifornia & Idaho
    Posts
    1,052
    Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    Navy, that's not name calling. Rednecks are real (I'm one). Working manual labor in the sun gives one a red neck. Overzealous gun nuts are also real (just read the forums). But an ass is something you sit on. It's a derogatory slur, nothing more, short for a filthier name which would get censored. If "gun nut" constitutes name calling you're too sensitive. And no, you won't catch me with a gun because you don't know when I have one. I find it a pain in the ass to carry it everywhere. Until Hickey Freeman or Brooks Brothers start making a gun pocket in their suits I'll find it a bit cumbersome. And I certainly don't invite LE interaction by being a wise-guy. I'm taking a hit here today because people can't deal with someone who isn't living life around a gun. It's not the center of my life. It doesn't dictate where I live, go to school or do business. I don't see LE as the enemy and don't feel the need to constantly test constitutional limits. I don't care what you do personally and if you retrace my OC posts I have overwhelmingly supported OC where legal. Although I do have my opinions about the motive.
    .
    Earlier I asked you a question which you ducked... consider your young daughter surrounded by a bunch of rats all legally OC'ing and making sexist comments about young tight xxx. Is it reasonable that she will be scared? Aren't you the guy who said it's tough luck if the sight of your gun scares someone? How about your daughter and the rats? With your gun on your hip will you start? You gonna go over and start with them? You're outnumbered and everyone is legally OC'ing. What's a father to do? Most of you in "white-bread" America will crap your pants and withdraw. As sure as I have a farmers tan you'll call those cops you hold in such disdain. I guarantee it because you're not dumb enough to start a fight you can't possibly win. You need an experience to open your eyes. Perhaps you might consider OC in the Pork and Beans" section of Miami.
    .
    I'm not the enemy. I just don't want people I DON'T KNOW carrying on my property. That makes me bad? I' not entitled to a castle doctrine protection but you are? Nonsense. And what works in one part of the country doesn't work in others. Those are facts and it doesn't make me the bad guy. I'm just pointing out the flaw in thinking everyone can carry everywhere openly all the time. BTW, how many posters have argued to return gun rights to convicted murderers? Too numerous to count. Because they paid their debt to society? Well, they didn't owe society any debt... they owed it to me. They owe it to their victim. And they would owe it to you God forbid someday you too have to stare into that casket crying over your daughter. Think hard about what that must feel like. Before you guys throw insults be aware that it's our experiences that shape us. Pure sociology for those who studied it. My experiences were horrible and it slants my thinking. But I'm not an anti-gun supporter. No instructor I've met is. We don't take that much training to be anti-gun.
    .
    There's plenty of real controversy for your attention rater than my opinion about strangers with guns on my own property.
    Methinks you have too high an opinion of yourself and too low an opinion of everyone else. Maybe you should try to dialogue instead of lecture.
    Maybejim

    Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

    What you say isn't as important as what the other person hears

  6. #75
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Flint, Michigan
    Posts
    756
    Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    You need more than a few hundred posts to call me a troll. Every time someone doesn't agree they're a troll. You must be a real class act to label someone with 4700 "likes" a troll. You people are your own worst enemy. Not smart enough to know when to make the fight and when you're just causing yourself more aggravation. Not smart enough to know when to shut-up either.
    .
    Now I'm not concerned with the opinion of a few rednecks, our token gun nuts or some overzealous huckalero itching to defend someone with his gun. Like it or not you're in the minority among gun owners. What the hell kind of country would this be where I couldn't tell you to keep your gun off my property? Well, it wouldn't be America. And it would negate castle doctrine. I'll say it again for the impaired... I don't allow STRANGERS to carry a gun on my property. I don't know you and I don't trust you. I don't care about anywhere else as it's not my problem. Everything else is between you and your lawmakers. I'm a TROLL for this? Are you frigging kidding me?
    Just because I have only a few hundred posts, I shouldnt be able to call you a troll? Since when does posts or likes have anything to do with anything? I dont judge someone off posts or likes buddy, if anything, the words you have put on this topic have shown more than enough to call you a hypocrite or a troll. You think you have the right to determine who is allowed to carry when & where, even on your own property, speaks volumes. You claim to be all for 2nd A, yet, youre right along the liberals with saying who can carry and who cant. I understand concerns on YOUR property, but to interject and call someone nuts and paranoid for carrying into a school is to me, stupid. Who are you to say OC or carrying a weapon into a school is not a smart move, have you not watched the news, or read the papers? Schools have shown to be an easy target, so to me, carrying everywhere you go isnt such a bad choice. If you choose not to do it, thats your business, however, the last thing I want ANYONE to do is tell me where I can and can not carry a weapon, especially when its perfectly legal to.
    So I encourage you to sit down with our Liberal Government officials and drink a big cup of STFU and enjoy the rest of your day.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier....One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    Earlier I asked you a question which you ducked... consider your young daughter surrounded by a bunch of rats all legally OC'ing and making sexist comments about young tight xxx. Is it reasonable that she will be scared? Aren't you the guy who said it's tough luck if the sight of your gun scares someone? How about your daughter and the rats? With your gun on your hip will you start? You gonna go over and start with them? You're outnumbered and everyone is legally OC'ing. What's a father to do? Most of you in "white-bread" America will crap your pants and withdraw. As sure as I have a farmers tan you'll call those cops you hold in such disdain. I guarantee it because you're not dumb enough to start a fight you can't possibly win. You need an experience to open your eyes. Perhaps you might consider OC in the Pork and Beans" section of Miami.
    What an idiotic argument. Several men surrounding my daughter making comments like that would scare her with or without them wearing handguns in holsters on their belts. IN FACT, would it not be a more dangerous situation if they had concealed handguns that she could not see? That's where your argument is an epic failure, BC1. You assume that the visible presence of a gun automatically makes someone more dangerous. I disagree. The situation is more dangerous when you have to wonder if they have a gun or not. And then you ask this idiotic question, "With your gun on your hip will you start? You gonna go over and start with them?" And yet, the gun on my hip isn't going to really matter in that situation, now is it? The gun is not the magical solution to all of life's problems.

    How about if I am picking her up from school and shots ring out from the classroom down the hall and there is a single gunman, you know like happened at Sandy Hook..., or we are walking in the mall and a single gunman starts shooting like has happened in several malls, do you think there would be a good chance that the gun on my hip will make a difference in that situation? I can tell you this, the gun on my hip has a hell of a lot more chance of making a difference in that situation than the cell phone that will be in your pocket.

    Or how about if we are stopped with a flat tire on a dark road at night and a single car stops behind us and under the guise of offering help the guy pulls a knife and wants to rape my daughter in front of me. Do you think the gun on my hip will help in that situation a little bit more than a cell phone with no reception?
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

  8. #77
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    3,832
    Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    And there it is. I was waiting for it. Someone will always call you a name as a response to your opinion.
    .
    Based on what? What makes me an ass? Explain to us what constitutes an ass? I always thought it was the part of the body on which we sit or a cross between a horse and a mule. There are people who are ignorant, stupid, challenged, opinionated, dishonest, etc. None of whom are asses. But you seem to be the resident expert here. C'mon. Is it because I won't let you carry on my property? But the law is on my side. The constitution is on my side. And if your ass is on my side of the fence it belongs to me. Glad to see you're keeping a clipboard of asses. It must be a long list. Could we get a copy? I would love a list of all the asses in the world according to wolf_fire. It would be priceless. In fact, we could dispense with terror watch lists and replace it with your ass list. Imagine that. Getting denied a seat on an airplane because I'm an ass. Getting denied a job because I'm an ass. Oh, wait, employers can't discriminate against asses. You know it's more important to identify asses than to keep our eye on the ball right? Because when you have nowhere else to go you resort to calling people asses. Now what if all the asses in the world get together and demanded civil rights protection? All the asses on your list could sue you. And they would. Why? Because they're asses. Now wouldn't the person keeping the list be the biggest ass? Is his life is so void of accomplishment that he must keep a record of those who don't agree with him? You know I think we could eliminate sociology and psychology from college curriculums. We could just classify everyone who isn't like you as an ass and dispense with the analysis. In fact we could add an ICD-9 diagnosis code to the book for ass. You go to the doctor and he diagnosis you as an ass. Of course insurance might deny the claim. But then they could refer to your list and all would be solved. Perhaps there's even implications for this on the world stage. You're a genius. We have a genius among us and didn't even know it.
    .
    Now I would submit... isn't the person doing the labeling also inclusive in the results? In mathematics we have communicative disambiguation which means the location in the equation, phrase or discussion is unimportant. It doesn't change the result. The fact that you're there is all that matters. Welcome to the ass club. Add your own name to your list.
    Your antagonistic nature. Nearly every post I have seen you write seems like you already know there will be a fight and you take an offensive posturing in your style. I have yet to see a thread where you weren't antagonistic in your approach to present your opinion. You already painted nearly every gun owner as either an incompetent, or in your words an "ass" in the previous post. Yet, now you rebuke the word "ass" and say it is a part of the body. Sir, you used that term, and I agreed with you. I just threw it back on you because of your surly attitude in the forum. It's not because I disrespect your opinions (however, most of them I do), it's more I disrespect how you present them. If you communicate with your students when you are instructing them the way you communicate with people on this thread, I can see why they don't listen to you and you get the opinion that they are incompetent. I would walk away from your class and demand my money back if you spoke to me in the way that you speak in here.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

  9. #78
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    3,832
    Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    BACK TO THE ORIGINAL TOPIC
    .
    .
    I want armed guards in every school in America. I believe those guards should be the only persons in the building armed. I want them trained and certified and don't care if it raises my taxes to pay them. I want all doors locked and visitors be required to show ID prior to entering. I believe this is the best way to protect kids. That's an opinion. It doesn't make me an anti-gunner but if you disagree wolf_fire has already added me to the ass list so there's no need to name-call.
    May I quote you as to what you said about Navy, if you want to take this holier than thou attitude of not name calling? You wonder why I agreed with you being an ass.. I never really came out and called you that, but this is your words in response to Navy:

    Just read this forum... sometimes it's a who's who of insanity. Then there's you. The leader of the OC pack. Freudian if I ever saw it. Perhaps Viagra would be better, safer. If you think that pecker on your hip is stopping someone intent on harming you then you're delusional.

    Is this an opinion someone shouldn't get upset with? I chuckle, because this is your normal style... condemn and mock everyone and then when we don't agree with it posture as if everyone is picking on you.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

  10. #79
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    7,733
    Quote Originally Posted by Itstjs View Post
    You think you have the right to determine who is allowed to carry when & where, even on your own property, speaks volumes. You claim to be all for 2nd A, yet, youre right along the liberals with saying who can carry and who cant. STFU and enjoy the rest of your day.
    Are you f---ing nuts? I don't have the right to deny you on my own property? First you have no right to be there. Second, you'll disarm or I'll seal your f---ing fate. When your child is murdered you'll see things differently.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

  11. #80
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    7,733
    Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    May I quote you as to what you said about Navy, if you want to take this holier than thou attitude of not name calling? You wonder why I agreed with you being an ass.. I never really came out and called you that, but this is your words in response to Navy:

    Just read this forum... sometimes it's a who's who of insanity. Then there's you. The leader of the OC pack. Freudian if I ever saw it. Perhaps Viagra would be better, safer. If you think that pecker on your hip is stopping someone intent on harming you then you're delusional.

    Is this an opinion someone shouldn't get upset with? I chuckle, because this is your normal style... condemn and mock everyone and then when we don't agree with it posture as if everyone is picking on you.
    That's an opinion of someone who'd like to knock your head in. You called me an ass any way you want to paint it. You would not say such a thing face to face. Not once you saw me in person. Wolf you're all done. Just add me to the ass and ignore lists. Don't call someone a name on the web unless you would do it face to face. Now go get your shine box.
    Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    Your antagonistic nature. Nearly every post I have seen you write seems like you already know there will be a fight and you take an offensive posturing in your style. I have yet to see a thread where you weren't antagonistic in your approach to present your opinion.
    Then why did you like so many posts of mine?
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast