MI school threatens to incite panic and hold education hostage.... - Page 9
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 100

Thread: MI school threatens to incite panic and hold education hostage....

  1. #81
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    7,733
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    What an idiotic argument. Several men surrounding my daughter making comments like that would scare her with or without them wearing handguns in holsters on their belts. IN FACT, would it not be a more dangerous situation if they had concealed handguns that she could not see? That's where your argument is an epic failure, BC1. You assume that the visible presence of a gun automatically makes someone more dangerous. I disagree. The situation is more dangerous when you have to wonder if they have a gun or not. And then you ask this idiotic question, "With your gun on your hip will you start? You gonna go over and start with them?" And yet, the gun on my hip isn't going to really matter in that situation, now is it? The gun is not the magical solution to all of life's problems.

    How about if I am picking her up from school and shots ring out from the classroom down the hall and there is a single gunman, you know like happened at Sandy Hook..., or we are walking in the mall and a single gunman starts shooting like has happened in several malls, do you think there would be a good chance that the gun on my hip will make a difference in that situation? I can tell you this, the gun on my hip has a hell of a lot more chance of making a difference in that situation than the cell phone that will be in your pocket.

    Or how about if we are stopped with a flat tire on a dark road at night and a single car stops behind us and under the guise of offering help the guy pulls a knife and wants to rape my daughter in front of me. Do you think the gun on my hip will help in that situation a little bit more than a cell phone with no reception?
    Sorry Navy, I'm already on the record at length supporting OC. But you're delusional if you think it keeps you safer than CC. You're just harming your own gun rights in shaking-up the anti's. This country is going democrat whether you like it or not. And that will eventually cost you your cherished rights. Now, since I don't allow people on my property armed what will you do when I tell you to leave? Hopefully you'll submit and leave. One word about your rights and your on the ground. The truth is... I'm a no good bastard with absolutely no regard for your life. After watching this pathetic society let a child murderer walk I have come to the conclusion that everyone is bad. I'm jaded. I'm mean. I'm arrogant. And I don't give a nickel for anything anyone says. I believe you to be a study in Freudian theory. Not only are you an embarrassment to the US. military, I believe you should be on a watch list. You're a troublemaker who wants confrontation with police and has no compassion for those who, through no fault, are afraid of guns. It's no wonder our military is weak. This is not the behavior of an officer or a gentleman. You're not at all what my father embodied in a naval officer (graduate, USNA class of 1942).
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

  2.   
  3. #82
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    7,733
    Quote Originally Posted by maybejim View Post
    Methinks you have too high an opinion of yourself and too low an opinion of everyone else. Maybe you should try to dialogue instead of lecture.
    Me thinks the same thing. Being educated is sometimes hard when arguing with ignorance.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

  4. #83
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Flint, Michigan
    Posts
    756
    Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    Are you f---ing nuts? I don't have the right to deny you on my own property? First you have no right to be there. Second, you'll disarm or I'll seal your f---ing fate. When your child is murdered you'll see things differently.
    Firstly, I wouldnt be at your home without either an invite or without a reason, ie garage sale. You stand along with the rest of the liberal retards that say where you can and cant carry, ie, grocery stores who ban carry and federal buildings that ban carry. Secondly, you speak of murder, and honestly dont know where that came from, and I honestly think you need a mental check if anything. Youre delusional, I never said you dont have the right to request it, I just simply said it speaks volumes for your character. Im sure you were one of the idoits who voted for Obama, so I guess I have to give you a pass.
    Youre acting like a kindergarten child who isnt getting his way, so far, from what Ive observed, you have lost this argument, noone on here agrees with you, so this makes YOU the minority my friend, at least here. Enjoy your liberal tea party
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier....One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.

  5. #84
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Flint, Michigan
    Posts
    756
    Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    Now, since I don't allow people on my property armed what will you do when I tell you to leave? Hopefully you'll submit and leave. One word about your rights and your on the ground. The truth is... I'm a no good bastard with absolutely no regard for your life. After watching this pathetic society let a child murderer walk I have come to the conclusion that everyone is bad.
    BC1 I dont mean to keep going after you, but you just make it too easy, you think that just because someone has a weapon on their hip, theyre a threat, you think if I was at your door, OCing and you asked me to leave, and I say something about rights, you assume you have the legal right to blow someone away *sigh* My friend, you have deep mental issues, and should seriously consider medication, or at least therapy. You would spend probably the rest of your life in prison due to your ignorant views. Give up your argument. Further more, calling NavyLCDR an embarrassment is down right rude and uncalled for. I havent read anything he has read to be out of line. You my friend are out of line, you assume he needs to be on a watch list, I assume you need to be placed in a padded cell.
    Where do you get a child was murdered and the killer was allowed to go free? Are you talking about Zimmerman and Trayvon? Ah, wasnt Zimmerman found not guilty? Sheesh, again, at least here, you fall into the minority, what a shame.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier....One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.

  6. #85
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    7,733
    Quote Originally Posted by Itstjs View Post
    You stand along with the rest of the liberal retards that say where you can and cant carry, ie, grocery stores who ban carry and federal buildings that ban carry. Secondly, you speak of murder, and honestly dont know where that came from, and I honestly think you need a mental check if anything. Youre delusional, I never said you dont have the right to request it, I just simply said it speaks volumes for your character. Im sure you were one of the idoits who voted for Obama, so I guess I have to give you a pass.
    There's an old saying... "Know what you're talking about... READ!"
    .
    Read my political posts of which there are hundreds and you'll find a thorough attack on the record and history of everything Obama, especially guns. You'll find me chastising anyone who doesn't vote for allowing a default vote to be cast against gun rights. you'll find me repeatedly supporting OC. Read it and then eat your comment. And please understand, I'm not chasing away people from a garage sale or other casual contact.
    .
    Now let's talk about what makes America great. Individualism. Laws that don't impose the will of others on me. The second amendment exists between you and the government, not you and I. If I own a grocery store it's not a public place subject to constitutional protection. It's private property owned by someone who has staked his entire future on running a business. He risked his future, his kids, his retirement and everything he owns to make that business work. You have no second amendment right there. You have no first amendment right there either. You don't even have the right to be there if I don't want you... no shirt, no shoes, no service. You can't just enter my store and say or do anything you want. Out you go. THAT, is what makes America great.
    .
    When I risk everything to open that store I rely on good workers for success. If those workers are afraid of your gun, whether rational or not, I must do everything I can to keep the dollars flowing. You may not tell my employees that they must be afraid at work just because you want to OC. I will not risk profits because you want to OC. You're not on public property. It's a privately owned building and a privately owned company. The SCOTUS ruled long ago that your constitutional rights do not apply to a private property owner. That owner's rights trump you. I don't have to serve you and I don't have to listen to you. And it's not about what I want anyway, it's about what my employees want. Long ago I put it to vote. The vote was overwhelming in that employees didn't want each other armed in the office. So policy was set... by the will of the people. I'm not risking one dollar of revenue over your gun rights. I don't expect wage earners can understand this concept. I do expect business owners will. Experience is a great teacher.
    .
    Consider that gun owners aren't a protected group under the Civil Rights Act of 1964. While I can't refuse service to someone based on race, religion, disability, etc., I can refuse it persons not protected by this act. So, in summary, the constitution supports me over you in this situation. THAT is America. Individual freedoms.
    .
    Why am I sometimes condescending? Because people make arguments like this without knowing the facts, constitutional application of the law, history nor do they do their homework.
    .
    Here's an example of where tis is to your benefit... You're getting estimates for electrical work. One contractor shows-up OC. And there's something about him... just can't put your finger on it. Your wife, who doesn't want to carry a gun, doesn't like the way he looks. She says the gun scares her. Will you find another contractor, tell him not to carry or let your wife be scared. Don't you think she has the right to say no?
    .
    Quote Originally Posted by Itstjs View Post
    BC1 I dont mean to keep going after you, but you just make it too easy, you think that just because someone has a weapon on their hip, theyre a threat, you think if I was at your door, OCing and you asked me to leave, and I say something about rights, you assume you have the legal right to blow someone away *sigh* My friend, you have deep mental issues, and should seriously consider medication, or at least therapy. You would spend probably the rest of your life in prison due to your ignorant views. Give up your argument. Further more, calling NavyLCDR an embarrassment is down right rude and uncalled for. I havent read anything he has read to be out of line. You my friend are out of line, you assume he needs to be on a watch list, I assume you need to be placed in a padded cell.
    Where do you get a child was murdered and the killer was allowed to go free? Are you talking about Zimmerman and Trayvon? Ah, wasnt Zimmerman found not guilty? Sheesh, again, at least here, you fall into the minority, what a shame.
    Once again, know what you're talking about... READ! Nowhere did I say I would blow you away. And I don't think just because you have a weapon that you're a threat. What I'm saying is that I don't know you so I don't trust you. You will submit to my will on my property. And I will respect your wishes when on your property.
    .
    Where was a child murdered and the killer went free? My home, that's where. You people talk about death and reality; you have no idea. I AM REALITY. I've lived through the abduction, molestation and murder of a nine-year-old boy. That perp got 3 years, was released, did it again, got 12 years and has again been released. Yet this "mentally unstable" poster finds the strength everyday not to end this animal's life. You have no idea what 'm talking about. Too much TV. Try holding a closed-casket wake for a little boy, stabbed so badly that the funeral director couldn't hide his torn-out throat. Try holding your wife every night when she wakes screaming from nightmares of finding him and trying to save his life. And it doesn't end. It continues for decades. No amount of therapy can help you. You can't get the visions out of your head... a little boy crying, and gurgling as he spits his life out in your wife's arms. You're being quite ignorant. You don't know what experiences people have had that makes them who they are. I hope you and your wife never get to see this ugly side of people. No one carries on my property because of my past experiences. My will prevails... with prejudice.
    .
    I'd like to extend an apology if I've insulted you. This is a very passionate area for me. Perhaps I'll go back to making humerous posts for a while.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

  7. #86
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Posts
    7,418
    Quote Originally Posted by Itstjs View Post
    <snip>
    I've agreed with most of what you've said in this thread, but you're ignorantly crossing a line here. BC1 had a child who was murdered. The child died in BC's wife's arms on the way to the hospital. You have probably already set him off, and I would say justifiably so, but you're out of the realm of understanding or knowledge on this. I purposely left out your words in this reply in case you want to delete that offensive blather and offer an apology to BC for it. If not, as strongly as I disagree with everything else BC has said in this thread, you deserve whatever you get for that offensive blather.

    Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

  8. #87
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    7,733
    Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    I've agreed with most of what you've said in this thread, but you're ignorantly crossing a line here. BC1 had a child who was murdered. The child died in BC's wife's arms on the way to the hospital. You have probably already set him off, and I would say justifiably so, but you're out of the realm of understanding or knowledge on this. I purposely left out your words in this reply in case you want to delete that offensive blather and offer an apology to BC for it. If not, as strongly as I disagree with everything else BC has said in this thread, you deserve whatever you get for that offensive blather.

    Blues
    Thanks Blues. Level headed as always. I don't think he knows about Brian's death so I can't fault him. Your criticism is always welcome because you make sense and you're well versed in so many areas. You're responsible for changing my opinion on many topics because you do it in a manner that is respectful and sometimes funny. You've made me see the errors of my thinking numerous times. And we all need that. You understand first-hand here my attitude comes from. While we may disagree on some topics I regard you as the most well-rounded knowledgeable poster on this site. Thanks for some great conversations.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

  9. #88
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Posts
    7,418
    Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    Thanks Blues. Level headed as always. I don't think he knows about Brian's death so I can't fault him. Your criticism is always welcome because you make sense and you're well versed in so many areas. You're responsible for changing my opinion on many topics because you do it in a manner that is respectful and sometimes funny. You've made me see the errors of my thinking numerous times. And we all need that. You understand first-hand here my attitude comes from. While we may disagree on some topics I regard you as the most well-rounded knowledgeable poster on this site. Thanks for some great conversations.
    It's always been a difficult co-existence on this site between you and me, BC. This time is no different I'm afraid. I appreciate what you say above, but find the rant against NavyLCDR in (at least) this post to be an indefensible display of ignorant internet puffery. Not about how you handle visitors to your property, but on the deeply personal insults you hurled with no more knowledge of the truth of them than Itstjs had about Brian and your personal history, and/or your present life.

    Far be it from me to claim the moral authority to scold others for their discourtesies. Been there, done that myself, but I do know inconsistency and hypocrisy when I see it in their posts. Just like I think Itstjs owes you an apology, I think likewise that you owe Navy one. Maybe others too, but all I can say is that my jaw went agape as I was reading that rant. I seriously do not understand where it came from as I see nothing resembling truth or solidarity in the advancement of gun rights within it.

    If you're not inclined to walk back that rant, please don't try to explain or justify it to me. You've said quite enough in support of it just by posting it. TIA.

    Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

  10. #89
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Saginaw, Michigan
    Posts
    3,355
    BC1... I privately sent prayers and publicly expressed my sorrow somewhere in some thread on this site when I first learned of the tragedy that you and your wife.. and really all of your family... suffered. I have once again sent prayers to God to give help to you, your wife, and your family, to heal and somehow carry that heavy burden of sorrow.

    Your response of:

    Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    I don't think he knows about Brian's death so I can't fault him.
    has gained a great deal of my respect. Ok... this is the internet and you don't know me from a hill of beans so that may not mean much to you... but seeing you post that response means a lot to me.

    Oh... none of the above means I'll always agree with you, or even ever agree with you, during any discussions on this site.

  11. #90
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Flint, Michigan
    Posts
    756
    Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    There's an old saying... "Know what you're talking about... READ!"
    .
    Read my political posts of which there are hundreds and you'll find a thorough attack on the record and history of everything Obama, especially guns. You'll find me chastising anyone who doesn't vote for allowing a default vote to be cast against gun rights. you'll find me repeatedly supporting OC. Read it and then eat your comment. And please understand, I'm not chasing away people from a garage sale or other casual contact.
    .
    Now let's talk about what makes America great. Individualism. Laws that don't impose the will of others on me. The second amendment exists between you and the government, not you and I. If I own a grocery store it's not a public place subject to constitutional protection. It's private property owned by someone who has staked his entire future on running a business. He risked his future, his kids, his retirement and everything he owns to make that business work. You have no second amendment right there. You have no first amendment right there either. You don't even have the right to be there if I don't want you... no shirt, no shoes, no service. You can't just enter my store and say or do anything you want. Out you go. THAT, is what makes America great.
    .
    When I risk everything to open that store I rely on good workers for success. If those workers are afraid of your gun, whether rational or not, I must do everything I can to keep the dollars flowing. You may not tell my employees that they must be afraid at work just because you want to OC. I will not risk profits because you want to OC. You're not on public property. It's a privately owned building and a privately owned company. The SCOTUS ruled long ago that your constitutional rights do not apply to a private property owner. That owner's rights trump you. I don't have to serve you and I don't have to listen to you. And it's not about what I want anyway, it's about what my employees want. Long ago I put it to vote. The vote was overwhelming in that employees didn't want each other armed in the office. So policy was set... by the will of the people. I'm not risking one dollar of revenue over your gun rights. I don't expect wage earners can understand this concept. I do expect business owners will. Experience is a great teacher.
    .
    Consider that gun owners aren't a protected group under the Civil Rights Act of 1964. While I can't refuse service to someone based on race, religion, disability, etc., I can refuse it persons not protected by this act. So, in summary, the constitution supports me over you in this situation. THAT is America. Individual freedoms.
    .
    Why am I sometimes condescending? Because people make arguments like this without knowing the facts, constitutional application of the law, history nor do they do their homework.
    .
    Here's an example of where tis is to your benefit... You're getting estimates for electrical work. One contractor shows-up OC. And there's something about him... just can't put your finger on it. Your wife, who doesn't want to carry a gun, doesn't like the way he looks. She says the gun scares her. Will you find another contractor, tell him not to carry or let your wife be scared. Don't you think she has the right to say no?
    .

    Once again, know what you're talking about... READ! Nowhere did I say I would blow you away. And I don't think just because you have a weapon that you're a threat. What I'm saying is that I don't know you so I don't trust you. You will submit to my will on my property. And I will respect your wishes when on your property.
    .
    Where was a child murdered and the killer went free? My home, that's where. You people talk about death and reality; you have no idea. I AM REALITY. I've lived through the abduction, molestation and murder of a nine-year-old boy. That perp got 3 years, was released, did it again, got 12 years and has again been released. Yet this "mentally unstable" poster finds the strength everyday not to end this animal's life. You have no idea what 'm talking about. Too much TV. Try holding a closed-casket wake for a little boy, stabbed so badly that the funeral director couldn't hide his torn-out throat. Try holding your wife every night when she wakes screaming from nightmares of finding him and trying to save his life. And it doesn't end. It continues for decades. No amount of therapy can help you. You can't get the visions out of your head... a little boy crying, and gurgling as he spits his life out in your wife's arms. You're being quite ignorant. You don't know what experiences people have had that makes them who they are. I hope you and your wife never get to see this ugly side of people. No one carries on my property because of my past experiences. My will prevails... with prejudice.
    .
    I'd like to extend an apology if I've insulted you. This is a very passionate area for me. Perhaps I'll go back to making humerous posts for a while.
    I do have to apologize here. I was unaware of the unfortunate tragedy your family has gone through and in no way in my post was I aware of the unfortunate events, that being said, I stand firm on my point of OC and carrying a weapon, anywhere it is legal and will avoid businesses that infringe on my rights and the rights of others. I wish you the best.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier....One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast